Thursday, July 01, 2010
I got a job!!!!! And a GREAT one!!! I am the new Pre-K Lead teacher at a high-end Preschool in my town!!!!!!
Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.... they worked!
Its so weird that I have been searching for a year (to the DAY) and finally broke down a couple days ago all to lead up to getting a job today. I start on MONDAY! AHH!!!!
It doesn't pay much, but what can you ask for? Its the experience and the kids that are important. The rest can be worked out :)
Oh, and on top of all of that... the scale finally broke 150!!! Today I am 149!!!!!!!! I havnt been 149 in years!!!!!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
The dreaded dress fitting is finally looking up! and by up I mean it zips up! All the way! To the very top!!!!!
I look horrible in it because its for sure too tight.... and I am spilling over the top of it....
but, WHO CARES!
It zips up!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I first tried it on a few months ago it had 5 inches gap in the zipper.
Not any more!
Yeah, I am doing a little jig over here :)
Time for dinner... tilapia and asparagus. YUM!!!!!!
Good luck with last chance workouts and with weighins tomorrow fellow Lemons! :)
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sooo.... After my venting yesterday and feeling unsuccessful and on the verge of giving up on something I can't give up on..... Today happened.
Within 10 SECONDS of each other, I received TWO phonecalls to schedule interviews tomorrow and Friday at a local preschool and a Little Gym. How awesome is that? Thats what I get for breaking down and actually venting! haha!
I am preparing for these interviews and studying up on the schools so I can walk in their with confidence, pride and happiness. Should be easy, I am so very thankful for the opportunity just to interview!
Ahhhhhhh.... breather..... at least I know people like me enough to bring me in. Thats great news..... just need one offer right?!
Thank you all for listening! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
And to my fellow Lemons... good luck on weigh ins tomorrow!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
I can't find a job. I know I am one of many many many Americans..... but I jsut can't.
I have applied at every school ditrict in my area (27) and every preschool, daycare, private school, charter school. My resume and work experience is great (just none related to childcare). I am a great person, well spoken and my writing skills are fantastic. I have taken a million content tests and passed with almost perfect scores the first time. I have been an honor roll student all my life and graduated on the Deans list. I followed a major in college from beginning to end to a perfect T. I am happy, energetic, motivated and available to work any time. I have volunteered at a habitat for humanity, senior living homes, elementary school reading programs, city clean ups, AKC dog shows.... you name it. I was involved in dance, 4-H, FFA, Teen leadership, summer camps.... and by involved I mean I was in every contest, won every medal, won state and national competitions as an individual and a team memeber. I have never been fired, critiszed or in any trouble at work. I have never even received so much as a parking ticket. WTF!?!??!
Stupid economy. I know what really is going is that there are just as many people that are well rounded, great people looking for the same jobs as me that are much more qaulified and experienced. I understand that. But, if no one will hire me, how the heck am I suppossed to start getting experience?
I have beem working really hard at starting my own small business selling hand painted glassware and artwork and i have succeeded. I just really want to work with children, its my passion and goal to be a wonderful teacher and help those who need it. Unemplyment has been cut off for me. Thats fine really, I don't like using government money.... but now I am stuck. I am making what money I can from glassware.... but now reality has set in and what if I lose my house? I have a boyfriend to move in with.... but i LOVE my house. its MY house that I worked very hard for..... It is heartbreaking.
I really hate admitting to anyone that I am in hard times, or scared, or defeated. I like to keep my life light hearted, simple and happy. No one needs to know my troubles. I just felt that I needed to vent for a while and maybe it will help get some of the negativity out and I can focus on the positive. I am ok.... Just unemployed.
Thanks for listening. Please dont feel sorry for me, thats not what I am asking for at all. LOL. I just needed to talk myself up a bit and saying it in your head doesnt always work!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Here are a few things that are going to keep me going this summer.
1. I want to wear a bikini at our new lakehouse! All the time. All day, everyday. LOL! I want to wear cute sundresses, short shorts, tank tops and did I mention a bikini? I can see myself now sitting on the boat, a pina colada in hand (ignore calories) with my new body all tanned and slim. What a fantastic feeling! :)
2. My best friends wedding is August 14th and I have to fit into the size 8 dress I preordered a fewmonths ago. I was a size 14 (Bust measurement) and I ordered a size 8. I am two inches from zipping it up in the back! I still have two and a half months to go! It will be a dream come true to zip that thing up without having any alteration work. Thats my big success and motivation right now.
3. I like to hike around the new lake with my good friend. Shes super sporty and athletic so I want to be sure to keep up with her on day long hikes on the weekends. Outdoors, sunshine, workout..... its going to be great!
4. I am in the process of expanding my company and adding another person to the mix. We have so many ideas, we are getting together to make a big plan. I want to be thin, happy, confident and proud of myself and this will include my weightloss. If I feel good, I will look good and that wil be a positive impact for my new clients!
5. My boyfriend. He is so pround of me and celebrates every .1 pouns I lose. He sees how happy I am and he feels the happiness as well. Its so wonderful to have so much support at home. Its so great sharing the successes with someone, especially when it benefits us both. He is losing weight and eating healthy too. Plus, I am sure he is pretty happy with my new body and confidence and happiness (even though he said he loved me just as much before) hehe.
All the way until college I have had short hair. I decided in college I wanted to grow it out and it took FOREVER! It finally got halfway down my back three years out of college. That took forever! I then started to realize that its boring. I cant curl it, it looks the same EVERY day and the pony tail was too long. So yeaterday, on a whim.... I got it all chopped off. To my shouders at least. I also have side swept bangs. Its sort of a shoulder length bob. It looks fantastic. Thick and healthy. Its like Nicole Richies hair when she first got it cut a while back and looked all classy. I feel like a million bucks! :) woohoo! Summer, here I come!
Get An Email Alert Each Time RAVIOLIO0 Posts