Friday, November 16, 2012
Well here we are at the end of another challenge. I fell into a dark hole this challenge and let it suck me down. I pulled a muscle in my back so had to stop excerising to let it heal. Then got the news about my dad having eyelid cancer. The combition of these two things just have set me back a little bit. I need to stop being so negative and depressed and start climbing back out of the dark hole. I have to stop making the excuse that tomorrow will be a better day to eat healthy and start excerising again. I hope to have my head on straight after they remove my dad's tumor from his eyelid and tell us about the spots they found on his lung and kidney. I am praying that they turn out to be nothing.
Saturday, September 08, 2012
Here is the list of five things that have held me back in the past from sticking with my weight loss and fitness goals:
1. I always looked at losing weight as a diet. I would go gun-ho for awhile and then slid back into my old eating habits. But in order to really lose weight, I need to look at it as a life style change and not a diet. I can still eat the foods I like just in moderation. (Learned this tip from reading The Spark this summer)
2. Excerise- I hated to do it with a passion. I would have to force myself to do 30 minutes of it a day. I use to make excuses for why I couldn't workout (didn't feel good, tired, something better to do).
3. Surrounded myself with negative people in my weight loss journey. I listened to their not so nice comments and attitudes towards overweight people and I started to believe it. Also joined TOPS for a while, but it was just a bunch of old ladies who liked to complain about their weight on meeting nights and then go to the chinese place or pizza place after the meetings.
4. Bought into my grandma's excuse that people on her side of the family were just big boned structured people. Thought if grandma said it must be true!
5. Loved the convience of fast food while going to college. Then carried over that bad habit into my working career.
Now I know that I let a lot of bad habits help put on the extra weight. Now that I have gotten back with SparkPeople and read The Spark, I now have the tools and know how to lose the weight and keep it off for good.
Now I plan on:
1. Looking at my weight loss as a life-style change. I will keep changing my eating habits to make them healthier and learn to really appreciate what goes into my body now.
2. Excerise- I have learned to love it. I do some form of excerise 7 days a week for 60 minutes or more. I even have craved it at times. I turn to excerise when I am really feeling stressed or waiting to do emotional eating. I have even joined a gym with a friend.
3.Now I surround myself with positive people. I have a great support system in my family, a few close friends and my SparkPeople family. I don't listen to the negative talk anymore. I am always looking at the positive side of my weight loss and fitness journey now.
4.Now know that I have no excuses for the way I look today, other than I was slowly eating myself to death. I am working hard to become a slimmer, trimmer person. I would love to be a role model for someone who is struggling with their weight just like I do.
5. Now I take the time to prepare my food. I also measure out my food and eat only the portion size now. My dh and I eat most all of our meals at home. But if we must eat out, I will pick something off the menu that would be the most healthiest. I don't get sucked into eating the fast food like I use to. If I do now, I actually get sick to my stomache and have bathroom issues.
I think I have the knowledge and tools to reach for the stars and lose this weight once and for all.
Monday, September 03, 2012
Here later this week I will be starting the Fall Biggest Loser Challenge called Leaves of Change Challenge. I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish this challenge. Here are my following goals:
1. I want to lose 10 to 15 pounds this challenge. (Lost 12.2 in the summer challenge). Would be sweet to beat my summer challenge weight loss. But I will take what pounds I lose as a precious gift to myself.
2. I will workout everyday for 45 mintues to 60 minutes. I plan on doing my 28 day Spark People boot camp dvd, Wii Cardio Boxing, Just Dance 2, my other workout dvds, going to the gym with my friend (treadmill, excerise bike and ellipcital) and going for walks weather permitting. Any extra workout time I will look at as a treat.
3.I will log in every bite of food and swallow of liquid that I take on my nutrition track. I hope to stay within all of my ranges 5 out of 7 days.
4.I will stay postive and support my other teammates on to victory.
5.I would like to lose some inches from my thighs, arms, and waist.
6. I would like to improve my sleeping habits during the challenge too.
So I hope to have a great Leaves of Change Challenge. I am looking forward to bettering my health and seeing the pounds fall off of me. I hope to cruise into Thanksgiving light as a feather and not eat as much as I use to. I think now that I have made a commintment to lose this weight by my 40th birthday in May 2013 and try to reach my goal weight by then, I have a strong desire to accomplish my goals and not let life side track me.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
I am on the right path with my eating again. I had several days this past week, were I went over my calorie range limit big time. I know when I went to my mil's family reunion, I should have eaten a salad or veggies before going. Then I would have been full and only eaten a little bit of the food there. That started my week of over indulging! Then I went to school on Tuesday and they provided us Subway for lunch and cake for dessert. So naturally I had to have a piece of cake with my lunch. Then I ate another piece before my friend and I left work that afternoon. On Wednesday, they had cookies in the teacher's work room. So I just had to sample 3 of them at lunch time and 3 after school. Then I came home and had a piece of birthday cake with the next door neighbor's great granddaughter. So I have really overeaten in the last couple of days since last Sunday. Yesterday and today were the first two days that I have been back on track. I gained a pound this past week and I know why. So I am going to move forward and do better tracking my food in coming days, weeks and months. I really want to reach my goal weight by my 40th birthday next May. I know that I have lost 15 pounds since the end of May 2012. So I just need to watch what I put in my mouth, track every bite and stay away from sweets at certain times of the month when I get stressed, etc. I also will continue to workout five to six days a week anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 minutes a session. I have started to do some ST so I can tone up my arms and not have the flabby arms going anymore. LOL So I here now delcare that I am swearing off sweets for awhile and going to eat fruits, veggies or a salad before going to family reunions, family get togethers, parties or banquets where I know there is not going to be any healthy food. I want to take off the pounds and not put them back on. I have felt so much better since I started to eat healthier and workout again. I am more active, get more things accomplished at school, sleep better and don't feel like a negative person anymore. I hope the next nine months are a great lifestyle changing journey for me. If I don't reach my goal weight by my 40th birthday, I won't be upset. Just hope to be thinner and trimmer than I am now!
Get An Email Alert Each Time RAFF73 Posts