Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Haven't blogged in awhile-read this today, liked it, & thought I'd share it-
I Resign (Author Unknown)
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year-old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer day.
I want to return to a time when life was simple.
When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is possible.
I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again.
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.
So...here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit cards and all my responsibility.
I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, 'cause,
"Tag! You're it."
Jesus called a little child and had him stand among them. And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
After changing up my Spark page, I didnít know what to do with the things I deleted, so I decided to put them here-in my Things Learned Blog.
I used to be a Spark blogger but found myself too concerned about how it sounded to others. Iím all for helping others but it wasnít helping ME as much, and ME is why Iím here
So, I quit blogging & started journaling, at least a few times a week, and that has worked better for me. But this blog Iíll keep up-there are things here I need to remember, and if it helps someone else, thatís great too!
Hereís some of the things Iíve learned so far on my journey (almost 4 years now)!
1) I have to make myself a priority every day-yes kids are important, hubby & the pets have to be cared for, the house needs to be cleaned, jobs need to be done, BUT I need pampering too! And I will function better in all areas of my life when I take care of ME!
2) I have to take advantage of all the resources I can find, & tracking here with SP, or on pen & paper keeps me accountable for my choices.
3) Iím glad I measured myself when I started Ėthereís been many times when the tape measure has been much nicer to me than the scale! There will be days when I will want to throw the scale out the window! I choose to weigh each day, but have a once-a-month official weigh in. Decide for yourself whether you will weigh every day, once a week, or not at all!
4) Any small changes (baby steps) are GREAT!! Donít feel like you have to lose 100 pounds or run a marathon the first day!
5) I WILL make mistakes! I must learn from them & get back on track! This isnít another diet, but a lifestyle change, and, no matter how hard I try, I will never be perfect!
6) I must rely on my Spark friends! We're all in this together & the support & encouragement I get, AND give, help TREMENDOUSLY!! The more I give, the more I receive! And I will not be afraid to ask for help!
7) Try new things both in foods & fitness. Those foods you hated as a kid deserve another chance! And remember exercise doesn't have to be touch your toes, jumping jacks, etc. Find something YOU enjoy -dancing, badminton, tennis, tossing a frisbee, taking a walk, anything to get you moving!
8) I will stay connected & committed EVERYDAY!
9) I cannot compare myself to someone else-I am special and unique! This journey is all my own!
10) All parts of my body are ingeniously designed to function better when I take proper care of them!
11) Life is a precious gift from God-I will enjoy each day I am given to better myself.
12) I will NEVER EVER give up! There will be days when I want to quit, and there will be pity parties, but I will keep them brief, and honestly look at what Iím doing or not doing, and enlist the help of my Spark friends-weíre all in this together!
13) My Latest Thing Learned-Menopause and all that goes along with it is REAL, including the wt gain, at least for me anyway! My first 75 pounds came off pretty easy but now, the wall is before me & I canít seem to get thru it or over it. And, for the first time in over 3 years, I am GAINING weight! But I will never give up, and
I will remember these beautiful words from Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
WT. LOSS- 75 Pounds
THINGS GAINED-Increased self confidence, energy, smaller clothes, love for badminton & tennis, and very special Spark friends! Also off BP meds (a BIGGIE!)
Get An Email Alert Each Time RACKETMOM Posts