Sunday, April 19, 2009
I do most of my food prep for the week (prep, cooking, and portioning) on Sundays to save time, hassle and temptation during the week. Once I've hit the store, fridge, freezer, and cupboards, I get to work.
- 4 servings of "creamed spinach" = 1 can spinach, 1 packet of hollandaise sauce prepped with Smart Balance Light spread, 1 small jar of artichoke hearts, minced onion and garlic to taste
- 1 large mix of homemade pico de gallo = 1/2 c. each yellow/orange pepper (on sale this week), 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, slightly drained; 1 T. cilantro, 1/2 t. minced garlic, 1/4 c. canned corn, chili powder, cumin and paprika to taste
- Grilled and sliced 3# of chicken breasts for salads and wraps
- Cut/prepped romaine lettuce for salads
- Cut/prepped yellow/orange peppers with and without onions/cilantro, for salads and omelets/scrambles
- Cut/prepped the canteloupe, which FINALLY was ripe enough this morning
- Prepped berries and pineapple for cottage cheese and yogurt mixes
- Marinating pork chops in raspberry vinaigrette for dinner tomorrow
- Made turkey tacos for dinner
And now, I am tired and going to relax on the internets and read more Zero at the Bone.