Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Here I am again...groundhogs day. I'm writing this entry as I wait for my oncology follow up appointment. I hit a new high with my weight. I've gained about 14 pounds in the last six months. I have no one to blame but myself. I couldn't work out during cancer treatment last year because of extreme fatigue, so I got used to being lazy. I've been eating whatever I want too, so it's showing up on the scale.
Today I'm starting back up with exercise, so we'll see what happens this time next week.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Well, I've been ignoring my nutrition and fitness for awhile and gained back about ten pounds. That's disappointing, but what's worse is that I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. I'm only a month in and already the road has been very rocky - fear, pain, uncertainty, anxiety, financial worries. It's been very trying, emotionally, but one thing that has come out of this so far is a renewed commitment to my health. Nutrition, rest, and caring for myself are my top priority. I've been eating healthy all week, taking my supplements, drinking a gallon of water a day, and got a flu shot. Don't wait until something's wrong to do something right!
On a side note, my friend set up this page for me to help cover living costs while I go through treatment. If you're feeling generous, check this out: www.giveforward.com/sarahsbcfund
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Okey doke, Lent is here...another reason to form healthy habits. I'm pretty sure that's not what God intended, but I also think he'd be okay with me making better choices for myself over the next 40 days.
Starting with the health-related tasks:
1. First things first - I will drink more water. I should be consuming about 150 ounces of liquids a day (water, milk, decaf tea, 100% juice, etc.), but I know I'm not getting anywhere near that much. Yesterday, I had to have blood drawn and it was coming out painfully slow, which, along with my dry face and hands, tells me I need to step up my water intake in a big way. I filled a big pitcher of water today (about 128 ounces), so I'll be using that to make my tea, Crystal Light, etc. I will also be staying close to the bathroom today.
2. My second goal is to add 20 minutes of cardio a day - not including walking the dog. Elvis gets a walk at least 5 days a week, but it's not really a cardio workout for me, so I have to add some other activity. 20 minutes shouldn't be too difficult. :)
3. Third task is to give up candy and chips. I'm an addict and just can't bring that stuff into my house. I do great when I'm at work, I don't really eat in the car much anymore, but at home I will eat it if it's around, so no more. It's really throwing a wrench into my weight loss efforts.
Okay, time for some non-health related goals:
1. Start playing my flute again. I put it down a long time ago and it's time to start playing again. I really miss being in band and playing music! I'm going to start with 10 minutes a day.
2. Commit one "random" act of kindness every day. I guess it won't be random since I'm doing it on purpose, huh?
I'm going to keep a journal to see how I do. See ya in 40 days!
Sunday, January 01, 2012
This is what we're supposed to do on January 1, right? Make a bunch of promises that we aren't going to keep, but we're feeling empowered or something, so we lie to ourselves?
Except I'm not going to break promises to myself or lie to myself. Not this year.
My health/fitness goals:
1. I will weigh a minimum of 50 pounds less on December 31, 2012 than I do today, January 1, 2012. I'm not going to post my weight here for the world to see, but I know what it is, so I know my goal number.
2. I will log in at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise at least five days per week. Walking the dog doesn't count in this case. I walk the dog for his health and because it's nice to walk him, but he's old and kind of slow, it doesn't really count as a cardio session. January and February will include one weekly Zumba class (1 hr/session). To help with #2, I will utilize my on-demand exercise video options, although I am annoyed with AT&T for dramatically decreasing the number of offerings. I will also utilize my exercise DVD collection, especially that fun cardio dance DVD I rediscovered this week.
3. I will complete the January Jump-Start Challenge. I actually started this on December 27, but I will continue throught the end of January.
4. I will be consistent and honest with my food tracking. It's funny how little things like Hershey's Kisses make it into my mouth, but never in my tracker.
1. I will nurture relationships with people who reciprocate. No longer will I try to be part of someone's life when their actions show they do not wish to be part of mine. I will no longer let men treat me like crap just because they show me any amount of attention.
2. I will make peace with things that happened in the past that have caused me emotional pain, anxiety, and depression for too many years. It's time to move on.
3. I will start dating again...and that is scary.
1. I will have an additional $1200 in my savings account by December 31, 2012.
2. I will get my blog launched to promote my Etsy site and funnel my AdSense revenue into an account that is harder to access (like ING).
I think that's enough for now. I will print these goals and post them someplace where I can see them every day.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I was pretty upset and frustrated when I wrote my last entry (could you tell?). Now that I've calmed down, I can look at the situation objectively. I think stress has contributed to my small weight gain. Stress that also caused me to veer off my nutrition and exercise tracks in favor of being a little lazier about what I eat and when I exercise. Also, when I'm stressed, I can't lose weight at all. Things are calming down a bit and now I can make a plan going forward. This week, I am planning my meals in advance. When I shopped last night, I took a list and did not buy any extra stuff. I'm getting back into using exercise videos in addition to my daily walk with the dog, plus I'm increasing my water intake. Hopefully, I will see a loss on the scale at the end of the week!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PUNKYPOWER21 Posts