Friday, April 04, 2014
(Someone sent me this email. A lot of insightful thoughts to consider in my life. If it blesses you, so much more the better.).
The Layman's Ten Commandments.
Someone has written these beautiful words. It's a must read. Try to understand the deep meaning of it. They are like the ten commandments to follow in life all of the time!
Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path throughout the journey.
Why is a car's WINDSHIELD so large and the Rear View Mirror so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, Look Ahead and Move on.
Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few minutes to burn, but it takes years to write.
All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don't worry, they can't last long either.
Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!"
When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
A blind person asked St. Anthony: "Can there be anything worse than losing your eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision!"
When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.
If you really enjoy this, please pass on to others. It may just brighten someone's day...
Speak kindly and,
Leave the rest to God.
Wednesday, April 02, 2014
My husband sent me a link to an interesting news article on a recent study...
To slim down, it helps to get up early and see the light, study says
I think we've basically known that, judging by various articles here on the Spark about the advantages of waking up early. I also know that many of us have butchered up schedules, what with working split shift/second shift/third shift (etc), having babies that wake up all hours of the night, you name it. (This isn't a contest to name the most exotic reason why we go to bed late and don't wake up early!!).
I know many nights I'm up late-thirty just because I'm on the internet, reading all the wonderful articles and blogs here on the Spark, goofing off on Facebook, whatever...
Soooo ... this is yet another reason why I need to get outside and at least be aware and cognizant of the light outside. There are gobs of other reasons, like staying outside for awhile (before 10 am or after 3-4 pm, to avoid the majority of skin-cancer causing UV and UB rays) to help build up one's supply of Vitamin D, or to get myr exercise over with for the day.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Saw this today in "Dear Abby", and I have seen this before in other places.
Take time to work,
It is the price of success,
Take time to think,
It is the source of power.
Take time to play,
It is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read,
It is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly,
It is the road to happiness.
Take time to love and be loved,
It is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to share,
Life is too short to be selfish.
Take time to laugh,
Laughter is the music of the soul.
Friday, March 14, 2014
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily at least. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive, present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past, so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last, but not the least:
40. Please Forward this to everyone you care about. I just did.
Saturday, March 01, 2014
This is really more a collection of links for me to remember to go check out later - I am fixing to make up some Ghormeh Sabzi (Sabzee), which is a green Persian soup, lots of herbs. I had it at this restaurant in town. I thought it looked disgusting at first, shrugged, and said "When have I ever had 'bad food' here? Everything has always tasted great, no matter what it looked like.", and plowed into it. OHHH Now that was SOOO yummy! I ended up buying some of it in a takeout container to take to my girlfriend that day. I didn't think she would even try it, she was looking at it and questioning my sanity. She wasn't feeling well and it's hard to get her to try new food. I just said "take a bite - because if you don't like it, I'll be MORE THAN HAPPY to take it home and finish it off!" Well, she took a sip of it and her eyes popped and she had a bigger bite, and ate it all up! Later, after I left her house, she apparently craved having more of it so much, that she revived enough from feeling poorly, drove clear back across town from her house to the restaurant, and bought another huge carton to take home!
But there's other foods that I've had there, and I'm not sure what the names are - yet, I just discovered a few recipe collections here on the Spark, and when I look at the descriptions, it sounds like foods I remember eating and tasting (I like to try to guess the ingredients, right?).
Rachel's Persian Cookbook
Ghormeh Sabzi (Slow Cooker) submitted by CIOUID
Ghormeh Sabzee (persian) submitted by VIVALARAZA
Oooh another group by CIOUID
Breakfast - Foul (Ful) Moudamas Submitted by: CIOUID (I had this in Egypt and it's gooood!)
Spicy Vegan Potato Curry Submitted by: CIOUID
Tandoori Chicken Submitted by: CIOUID
Mirza Ghasemi (Persian Eggplant Dip) Submitted by: CIOUID This one kinda sounds a bit like Baba Ghanoosh, only without the tahini added to it.
Persian Recipes - Created by ARTENZIE
(later) I added these all through the "Add Link" generator button up here... but now I get a whine-o-gram asking me to remove all HTML !? weird. So that means you will need to copy each link, open a new tab, and paste it in. So sorry. Not my choice. I guess I exceeded the number of links I was allowed to quote? I'm not sure. Haven't had my coffee yet, so I don't want to sit and figure this out now.
Get An Email Alert Each Time PROVERBS31JULIA Posts