Friday, November 11, 2011
What I wrote on Facebook earlier (is there a "reverse feed" from FB back to SP?):
This is sad... Two of my favorites at odds with each other. Sounds like Depp is going down.... don't be messin' with my town!
Wichita is ‘winning’ its feud with actor Johnny Depp, reports the Atlantic Wire | Have You Heard?
The Atlantic Wire, an online news aggregating branch of the Atlantic magazine, reports on the battle over how intelligent Wichita moviegoers are with a story headlined “Johnny Depp Thinks He’s Too Smart for Wichita.”
Sad.... just sad...
Thursday, November 03, 2011
Today, I finally made the Mocha Cottage Cheese recipe I've been admiring from Spark Recipes.
What I did different:
* used DandyLion (a non-caffeinated hot beverage made with dandelions, chicory, etc supposed to be good for you.), I would have made it with the instant coffee, only it was late in the afternoon and I don't need to stay up all night).
* used Stevia packet instead of Splenda packet, because Splenda is against my .... body, I guess, not really a religious issue or a political issue or whatever, I just don't like how I feel when I consume the stuff.
* I used a honey that was packed with the honeycomb. I guess it's "good for you" but I still am not used to having my tongue tripping over the little waxy bits from the honey comb. Next time I'm using the regular honey. On the positive side, I got it used up, so I won't have that sitting around. It's in a nice round jar so I can refill it with un-honeycombed honey next time (no crevices to make honey difficult to get out of in the upcoming colder months, the way Honey Bear containers do, where I feel like I've wasted half of the honey stuck inside all those little crevices.).
* I used a Ninja blender/smoothie maker thingy. I'm thinking I should have used a regular kitchen blender or Vita Mix or immersion blender.
* I added 1 tsp vanilla after the first taste because it seemed a little "too dry" (probably because of the waxy bits from the honeycomb?
Anyway, this is what it looked like!!
My DS said "Eww gross, Mom!" (he has braces on, and doubtless hit a waxy bit. I'll try it again when he forgets about it, using smooth honey....).
Haven't fed any to the DH yet.
Not sure if I will feed him any... I made a double recipe...but... not sure that I'll not eat it between now and then.
Friday, October 28, 2011
OH I'm still laughing....
I just saw the funniest video on my niece's Facebook page and had to share it with you. I couldn't seem to "share" it with the SparkPeople.com Facebook Page or Coach Nicole's page - guess because they are not considered "groups" or "individual friends". So I tracked it down elsewhere and found the link on YouTube:
You'll LOVE this!!
Thursday, October 06, 2011
Why is it that when I (try to) say things like:
You Is Kind
You Is Smart
You is Important
(like from the book/movie "The Help"),
or really, any affirmation -
but in my mind, I want to translate and distort the message:
You is Fat
You is Lazy
You is Incompetent!
I need a brain transplant!!!
8 Finally, brethren,
whatever things are true,
whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just,
whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely,
whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—
meditate on these things.
Get An Email Alert Each Time PROVERBS31JULIA Posts