Thursday, November 03, 2011
Today, I finally made the Mocha Cottage Cheese recipe I've been admiring from Spark Recipes.
What I did different:
* used DandyLion (a non-caffeinated hot beverage made with dandelions, chicory, etc supposed to be good for you.), I would have made it with the instant coffee, only it was late in the afternoon and I don't need to stay up all night).
* used Stevia packet instead of Splenda packet, because Splenda is against my .... body, I guess, not really a religious issue or a political issue or whatever, I just don't like how I feel when I consume the stuff.
* I used a honey that was packed with the honeycomb. I guess it's "good for you" but I still am not used to having my tongue tripping over the little waxy bits from the honey comb. Next time I'm using the regular honey. On the positive side, I got it used up, so I won't have that sitting around. It's in a nice round jar so I can refill it with un-honeycombed honey next time (no crevices to make honey difficult to get out of in the upcoming colder months, the way Honey Bear containers do, where I feel like I've wasted half of the honey stuck inside all those little crevices.).
* I used a Ninja blender/smoothie maker thingy. I'm thinking I should have used a regular kitchen blender or Vita Mix or immersion blender.
* I added 1 tsp vanilla after the first taste because it seemed a little "too dry" (probably because of the waxy bits from the honeycomb?
Anyway, this is what it looked like!!
My DS said "Eww gross, Mom!" (he has braces on, and doubtless hit a waxy bit. I'll try it again when he forgets about it, using smooth honey....).
Haven't fed any to the DH yet.
Not sure if I will feed him any... I made a double recipe...but... not sure that I'll not eat it between now and then.