My weekend was wonderful! Tonight is my first day at the Wellness Clinic at my gym. This clinic goes for 12 weeks. They are taking my measurements, bmi, and weight. Then I am going to be shown equipment that I haven't used. I was also told I would told about the classes being offered. Once this first session is over...I can schedule my workouts with a combinations of gym time and class time.
I am heading to New York after work on January 18th. It will not be a long visit. Just long enough to visit one person and pick up a car load. My best friend and her family will be moving! I am so super duper excited about this. I have been asking for her to move for years. She will be staying with me for a couple of months. Once they get down here we are car shopping!
My current roommate will be moving back to New York that weekend as well. Unless, he finds a job here in the next couple of weeks. He has been here for 3 months and he isn't really looking. It is time for him to go.
My car is fixed. It just needed a valve cover gasket and a tune-up.
My sister still hasn't had the baby. Her doctors says she may have toxemia. She should know something this week. Her blood pressure is up.
My biological father, Pete, he is out of the hospital. They started him with hospice. I am hoping he will make it until I can see him on January 19th.
My sister still hasn't had the baby. I am still being patience. I would love to have some good news.
I talked to Pete, my biological father, last night. He is in denial and he was a little snappy. I feel a lot better that I at least got to tell him, "I love him." The doctors' did increase is oxygen from 12 liters to the maximum 15 liters.
I talked to one of my sister and his wife last night as well. I also found that I related to some very cruel people. They called the VA hospital that he is staying at and asked, "If it is true will he be dead by the weekend!"
Who does that?
All I asked is prayer for conviction for the crucial heartless people that would do that!
I started a book last night, Eat Pray Love. I made through chapter 12. They were very little chapters. Some were as small as a page. So far so good!
I also emailed one place that I would like to volunteer. I have two more places that I am interested in. I figure if I do not get a response by Tuesday I will move to the second one on my list.
I got in contact with one of the schools I am interested. She will be emailing me more information that I had requested. I have about 5 schools on the list. I just have to look at all the variables.
I took Kaleb swimming on Wednesday. Today, I am going to the gym just to distress and rejuvenate. Monday, I start the Wellness Clinic. I am pretty excited about it.
My maintenance period is over. I didn't do so bad. I am at 250.5 pounds. I stayed within 5 pounds. I am very happy that I could maintain because that just proves to me that once I hit my goal weight I will be able to maintain.
Who wants to loss all the weight and then just gain it back? I sure don't!
Now that the New Year is here... I have my resolutions:
1. Weight: Last year I lost 88 pounds. This year goal is 51 pounds. I want the end of this year to be in Onelander. I have seen a 100 anything since I was in 7th Grade. That is less then a pound a week. Since I am not just dreaming or wishing this is how I will attack on my fat :)
Friday, I went to the shoe store brought a new pair of sneakers because my old ones are falling apart. They are my Christmas and New Year's present to myself. (My excuse not to work out every day.)
I called my gym on Monday and I made an appointment for the Wellness Clinic which last 12 weeks. I will be held accountable. I was surprised that the clinic is included in my membership!
This morning I took all the leftover candy, cakes, cookies and chocolate brought them to work! My home is healthy and less tempting again.
2. Education: I am continuing to peruse my degree again. I haven't taken any course since my son is born. Now that I am more confident in my role as a mom I will be taking at least two classes by this summer. Until then I believe I have given myself enough time to apply for grants and loans. I have to figure out what school I want to transfers my credits too.
3. Work: I am planning on staying at my current job at least until I finish my degree. They are very flexible and understand of family life. I figure my degree will take me at least a year and half to two years to finish. Once I have my degree and I have work experience I will be able to get into a great career.
4. Home: I want to volunteer again. I haven't really volunteered since before I got pregnant. I will volunteer at least once a month. I am going to check into a homeless shelter or AIDS clinic. Both of them mean a lot to me. I feel very strongly that Kaleb needs to see the world and what live is out there. I want to show him that everyone needs to help others.
5. I will start reading more. I have all these books that I have picked up and never open. I will be reading a book every three months. I am a very slow reader. That is more than enough time even with a busy schedule to read a book.