My maintenance period is over. I didn't do so bad. I am at 250.5 pounds. I stayed within 5 pounds. I am very happy that I could maintain because that just proves to me that once I hit my goal weight I will be able to maintain.
Who wants to loss all the weight and then just gain it back? I sure don't!
Now that the New Year is here... I have my resolutions:
1. Weight: Last year I lost 88 pounds. This year goal is 51 pounds. I want the end of this year to be in Onelander. I have seen a 100 anything since I was in 7th Grade. That is less then a pound a week. Since I am not just dreaming or wishing this is how I will attack on my fat :)
Friday, I went to the shoe store brought a new pair of sneakers because my old ones are falling apart. They are my Christmas and New Year's present to myself. (My excuse not to work out every day.)
I called my gym on Monday and I made an appointment for the Wellness Clinic which last 12 weeks. I will be held accountable. I was surprised that the clinic is included in my membership!
This morning I took all the leftover candy, cakes, cookies and chocolate brought them to work! My home is healthy and less tempting again.
2. Education: I am continuing to peruse my degree again. I haven't taken any course since my son is born. Now that I am more confident in my role as a mom I will be taking at least two classes by this summer. Until then I believe I have given myself enough time to apply for grants and loans. I have to figure out what school I want to transfers my credits too.
3. Work: I am planning on staying at my current job at least until I finish my degree. They are very flexible and understand of family life. I figure my degree will take me at least a year and half to two years to finish. Once I have my degree and I have work experience I will be able to get into a great career.
4. Home: I want to volunteer again. I haven't really volunteered since before I got pregnant. I will volunteer at least once a month. I am going to check into a homeless shelter or AIDS clinic. Both of them mean a lot to me. I feel very strongly that Kaleb needs to see the world and what live is out there. I want to show him that everyone needs to help others.
5. I will start reading more. I have all these books that I have picked up and never open. I will be reading a book every three months. I am a very slow reader. That is more than enough time even with a busy schedule to read a book.
My maintenance period is almost over. I have been maintain within 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. My maintenance ends January 1st. New Year New Challenge.
For the next couple of days I will be coming up with my resolutions. I will having them ready by Monday! Last year I just made a couple but I was very successful in the goals and resolutions I have set. I will be equally successful this new year coming.
My sister hasn't had the baby yet. She is coming soon but I don't know if she wants to be here before the New Year.
Christmas Eve at my mother's was very priceless! James and his kids came over there and they had no idea that my family went out and shopped for them. After dinner, the kids went into the living room and started looking at the presents which is when they noticed their names. OMG! I wish I had my camera out. All three came into the kitchen and shouted, "Daddy, we have presents here!" It was totally hilarious!
Christmas morning, at James' house, James brought me a spice rack. He brought it because I told him on our second date the key to losing weight is spice. If healthy food taste good your taste buds will want the healthy foods! It was awesome.
Then going to James' family Christmas, his mom keep saying she sees a wedding in the future. His step-dad said only grandkids he doesn't have is Yankee Grandkids. I think I blushed so much I want to crawl under the table.
It was very good Christmas. My sister is still pregnant. I think she is having the baby on the 27th. It is just my guess.
My Grandmother service was beautiful. My mom's church family hosted a luncheon after. It was very nice. I am glad my mom has people she can rely on.
My sister is having actually labor pains. So anytime between now until her due date she could have my little niece, Amber Grace . I cannot wait to meet her.
I am very excited. I finished my shopping Saturday. I was so blessed with lot of deals and great coupons. I finished wrapping all the gifts last night.
I am getting out of work early and the festivities begin. Tonight, we are celebrating at mom's. Then I am spending the night at James' house. After his kids open their gifts we are having a dinner at his mom's.