Saturday, August 04, 2007
Nice to cruise into August feeling good about how I look, how I feel, and my successes in getting into better physical (and really mental) health! My wife and I went to a baseball game last night and it felt good not to squeeze into my seat (of course, plenty of room for improvement, but it felt good anyway!).
My gym is doing a "Biggest Loser" competition this fall (sign-up is on 8/13). It's a little pricey ($398), but it includes individual and group personal training sessions. My plumber did it in the spring, and he said it really made a difference! His team came in 2nd! So, I'm planning to join in and really take my physical health to another level.
Well, it's time to get my weekend chores going. But i'll be feelin' good doing them!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Well, it's off to my colonoscopy. Survived the day before. The only thing that was bad was the Trilyte -- that stuff tastes AWFUL!! I saw another blogger describe it as "dishwash water", and I think that fits it just fine.
On a positive note, I did drop 2 pounds to 263, and by golly, I'm taking credit for it!
See you on the other side...
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Tuesday, July 3 was a very good day. After a week of curtailing my calories a bit (400 calories) and pushing harder on my cardio / strength training, I have experienced success at breaking the plateau. Went from 270 to 266!!!
Hopefully, this is the start of some repeated successes!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I have been "plateaued" at 270 for some weeks (actually months now). Lots of reasons (surgery, vacations, travel, etc), but that is all behind me.
My revised plan:
- Set a lower goal weight for 2007 (217). In order to hit this target, I need to lose 2 lbs/ week
- Changed my eating plan to lower calories to 2400-2700 range (I had been at the 2900-3300 range, and while I enjoyed the amount of food I could eat, I think it may be contributing to the plateau)
- Renewed emphasis on exercise. Much easier to do in the summer, so I am hoping the kick start now will carry into the fall and winter.
Here's to the nexy big push!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
- My knee is healing up very nicely. The only thing I have not tried yet is a workout at the gym. Maybe later this week...
- My 50+ Mens Team is doing a "Projects" challenge -- have seen some interesing and "challenging" challenges -- finish a room, siding on a house, etc. All good things that we can contribute to our families. It has got me thinking about some other ideas for challenges.
- And my wife retired from her company! Good for her, bad for them! I am glad she did it -- the stress was getting high, and no one needs that.
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts