Wednesday, June 27, 2007
I have been "plateaued" at 270 for some weeks (actually months now). Lots of reasons (surgery, vacations, travel, etc), but that is all behind me.
My revised plan:
- Set a lower goal weight for 2007 (217). In order to hit this target, I need to lose 2 lbs/ week
- Changed my eating plan to lower calories to 2400-2700 range (I had been at the 2900-3300 range, and while I enjoyed the amount of food I could eat, I think it may be contributing to the plateau)
- Renewed emphasis on exercise. Much easier to do in the summer, so I am hoping the kick start now will carry into the fall and winter.
Here's to the nexy big push!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
- My knee is healing up very nicely. The only thing I have not tried yet is a workout at the gym. Maybe later this week...
- My 50+ Mens Team is doing a "Projects" challenge -- have seen some interesing and "challenging" challenges -- finish a room, siding on a house, etc. All good things that we can contribute to our families. It has got me thinking about some other ideas for challenges.
- And my wife retired from her company! Good for her, bad for them! I am glad she did it -- the stress was getting high, and no one needs that.
Monday, April 16, 2007
I had my knee surgery last Thursday (4/12), and I consider it a success! No more pain on the inside part of my knee! I'm walking around pretty good around the house (althought I'm nor ready to kneel on the knee yet -- give it some time!). Pretty much stayed off of it for the 1st two days, then started to resume some normal stuff, like going out, seeing a play, etc.
Heading for AZ later this week, so it will get the airport test next. Hope to get out for a walk before then (assuming the rain stops!!).
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
I wasn't terribly surprised today when my Dr gave me the results of the MRI on my left knee -- torn meniscus on the inside part of my knee. April 12 is the surgery date, and if it goes like my right knee surgery did, I will be pretty much back to normal stuff in a week. Amazing!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Weigh in day -- 1.2 pound down over the past two weeks. I did not weigh in last week as I spent the long weekend before with friends and family celebrating my 50th birthday, and frankly, did not eat or exercise as well as I had been. But, in defense, it was my 50th birthday! :-D
So back on track this week. Got to BodyPump and Yoga last night. Eating lots more fruit and veggies, etc. And, in spite of only 1.2 pounds, I am under 270 for the first time in awhile. And the clothes are fitting great!!
My next mini goal is in sight -- 265 by 4/19. I can do it!
The only potential roadblock is the results of the MRI I had done on my left knee (which I will hear about on 3/28). The knee has been killing me for months, so even though the thought of getting the knee scoped isn't pleasent (I had my right knee done a few years ago, and it has been great!), if it will help me exercise better and in less pain, that is OK!
Here's to another week of healthy eating, living, and few less pounds on the frame!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts