Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Weigh in day -- 1.2 pound down over the past two weeks. I did not weigh in last week as I spent the long weekend before with friends and family celebrating my 50th birthday, and frankly, did not eat or exercise as well as I had been. But, in defense, it was my 50th birthday! :-D
So back on track this week. Got to BodyPump and Yoga last night. Eating lots more fruit and veggies, etc. And, in spite of only 1.2 pounds, I am under 270 for the first time in awhile. And the clothes are fitting great!!
My next mini goal is in sight -- 265 by 4/19. I can do it!
The only potential roadblock is the results of the MRI I had done on my left knee (which I will hear about on 3/28). The knee has been killing me for months, so even though the thought of getting the knee scoped isn't pleasent (I had my right knee done a few years ago, and it has been great!), if it will help me exercise better and in less pain, that is OK!
Here's to another week of healthy eating, living, and few less pounds on the frame!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
I have to admit I was a little tentative stepping on the scape this morning. It had been three weeks since I had last done it, as I had to curtail my exercise program a few weeks back due to a nasty back ailment. So, I decided to wait until I started exercising last week to step back on the scale in case there had been any temporary weight gain that might have been deflating.
Well, I was plesently surprised -- not only had I lost weight since my last weigh-in, it had actually allowed me to beat my 2nd mini goal of 272 by 3/15 (my birthday) by 2 pounds -- 270!!
So I am proving to myself that diet and exercise can be beneficial (I thought it was a hoax!). I stil think the big keys have been the amount of water and added fruit and veggies, but whatever the case, it's working!!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
This week is quickly becoming an eventful week here in SP-land. Moved from Stage 2 to Stage 3 (and I think the time is right), and decided to follow my heart and join the SP Community Team. And based on the response, it has been more than worth it already!
I really look forward to reaching out and helping others work toward their goals as I continue to work towards mine!
Monday, March 05, 2007
I realized I had not added anything to my blog in weeks. My bad! Here's what's been happening since 2/13:
- Last weigh-in = down 13 pounds
- Clothes that were incredibly tight / not wearable are gettin much looser and/or wearable. :-D
- Did have one minor setback -- On 2/25, I was just standing in my kitchen and went to put something in the dishwasher, when all of a sudden, a stabbing pain went radiating in my lower back! :-( So last week I tood two days off from work, saw my chiropractor, and really took it easy. I did start doing my morning yoga last Wednesday, and today I made my first trip back to the gym (60 minutes). I was going to go to my yoga class tonight, but my back is aching a little, so decided I won't overdo it.
- I've had two appts with a personal trainer. We meet again this week to round out my new gym routine. So far I like what she has done.
All in all, a good last few weeks.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
A nice way to start a cold day in CT -- acheiving a weight goal 1 month ahead of schedule!
My goal was to be at 277 by my birthday (3/15). I weighed myself this morning and -- I am at 276 -- so I've actually beat the goal by a pound a month ahead of schedule!
- Tracking EVERYTHING I eat (and staying within goals)
- Much more fruit and veggies in my diet
- Water, water, water
- Increased exercise
- Support (SP and home)
The best part -- I haven't had to starve myself. In fact, I have a hard time getting to my target calorie count each day.
And the clothes are starting to fit loose again. It's all good.
Here's to my next goal -- 272 by my birthday!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts