Thursday, February 21, 2013
I did it! Took 513 days to get there, but I am finally in the "normal" range on the BMI scale! This was my goal when I had my WLS back in September of 2011 -- to get to "normal"!
May not be normal in other ways, but at least I am on this one!
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
No shortage of interesting events over the past 24 hours:
- Of course all the "normal" stuff that fills up a Tuesday and Wednesday AM -- meals, workout (a great run yesterday at the Y -- 28:18 5K / 37:03 4 mile times), and bowling last evening.
- My DW was with my FIL in Baltimore yesterday for some tests, and sadly the results weren't great -- it appears he has colorectal cancer! Not sure what stage yet (we'll know more on Friday when the biopsy results come back), but he is 82 so any surgery is a risk. Having said that, at least he knows what is going on, and there is some comfort in that.
- Was taking the trash out late yesterday afternoon but the gate did not close all the way and one of my dear puppies, "Tomas", decided to come out! This is not a good thing for any sighthound, as they will take off if they see something a mile away, and being a greyhound, there is not a chance I'd ever be able to catch him if he did. Thankfully, I called his name and he came right to me, avoiding a potentially disastrous situation. While not meant to be a test, it is good to know he will come right to us when off-leash!
- More dog fun -- our youngest female greyhound, Teresa, caught and killed a rabbit in our fenced back yard late last night! Not a pleasant task to deal with at 11PM at night, but as above, this is what greyhounds were bred to do -- run and hunt! Surprisingly this is the first full grown bunny one of greyhounds has ever caught / killed (and we have had 5 over the past 9 years!).
- After a VERY long day yesterday, I wanted a good night's rest, but the dog's had me up at 1:15AM -- I think the whole "bunny" thing had them thrown off a little, as it did me! Tonight: A GOOD night's rest!
- On the positive side:
- My DW has a job interview tomorrow! It's with a not-for-profit and one of the key members of the org is on my bowling team, so hoping the connection will pay off!
- I have a spa pedicure at 6:00PM tonight, then after that sashimi for dinner!! Great way to to end the day!
- And the scale has FINALLY climbed under 180 -- 179.4!! Just 4/10's of a pound away from my goal! I can see it!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Early rise this morning -- 0430!! My DW is taking my FIL to Baltimore for a medical test at UMMC. A test called an Enterscopy. Long day for them, but since I was up, took advantage and got through the newspapers early, then mapped out our home network ethernet cable lines using a cool little tool I purchased at Amazon.
The rest of today is pretty much my normal stuff -- work, a run at the Y, bowling tonight. House is just a little too quiet! Thank goodness the puppies are here!
Monday, February 18, 2013
Submitted both ours and my dad's last evening - earliest EVER! That feels good!
Saturday, February 16, 2013
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but there are times that either I wish I could "choke" our bathroom scale (assuming it has a throat to choke!), and give it a BIG hug! I had such a situation in the past few days....
Thursday: Normal Thursday breakfast with eggs, etc (I love to cook breakfast for my DW and I!). Had a light lunch knowing for V-day we were going to do fondue. And we did pretty darn good at dinner -- shrimp and beef in the fondue using vegetable broth and a 1/2 of a twice baked potato that had a cauliflower / broccoli along with the potato mixed together. Ah, but since it was V-day, splurged a little and had some GS cookies and fresh strawberries, and had them pretty late.
Friday: In spite of, for the most part, eating well om Thursday, the GS cookies cost me on the scale, as I came in at 181.6. (This is the "hate" part of the relationship, as if the scale was responsible for the less than satisfying reading!)
Nothing bad, but I have been at this plateau for the better part of 3+ months now, and really want to lose that last 2+ pounds to get to my "normal" BMI range. So, I started a challenge with the 50+ Males team -- a two week "you pick your challenge", and of course mine is to lose those 2.6 pounds.
Normally, I am a once a week weigh-in person, but since I am focused on these 2.6 pounds, I've decided to do daily tracking for the next two weeks.
Saturday (today): Stepped on the scale not expecting anything big, and what do you know -- DOWN 1.6 pounds to an even 180!! What was the difference: Lighter dinner Friday evening, no cookies, and a darn good interval training workout on Friday (30 minutes of running / 20 minutes of strength training). This, of course is the "love" part of the relationship!
I'm sure there will be a few more ups and downs over the next few weeks, but now I'm very motivated and excited to get that last pound off and join the ranks of "regular"!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts