Wednesday, February 20, 2013
No shortage of interesting events over the past 24 hours:
- Of course all the "normal" stuff that fills up a Tuesday and Wednesday AM -- meals, workout (a great run yesterday at the Y -- 28:18 5K / 37:03 4 mile times), and bowling last evening.
- My DW was with my FIL in Baltimore yesterday for some tests, and sadly the results weren't great -- it appears he has colorectal cancer! Not sure what stage yet (we'll know more on Friday when the biopsy results come back), but he is 82 so any surgery is a risk. Having said that, at least he knows what is going on, and there is some comfort in that.
- Was taking the trash out late yesterday afternoon but the gate did not close all the way and one of my dear puppies, "Tomas", decided to come out! This is not a good thing for any sighthound, as they will take off if they see something a mile away, and being a greyhound, there is not a chance I'd ever be able to catch him if he did. Thankfully, I called his name and he came right to me, avoiding a potentially disastrous situation. While not meant to be a test, it is good to know he will come right to us when off-leash!
- More dog fun -- our youngest female greyhound, Teresa, caught and killed a rabbit in our fenced back yard late last night! Not a pleasant task to deal with at 11PM at night, but as above, this is what greyhounds were bred to do -- run and hunt! Surprisingly this is the first full grown bunny one of greyhounds has ever caught / killed (and we have had 5 over the past 9 years!).
- After a VERY long day yesterday, I wanted a good night's rest, but the dog's had me up at 1:15AM -- I think the whole "bunny" thing had them thrown off a little, as it did me! Tonight: A GOOD night's rest!
- On the positive side:
- My DW has a job interview tomorrow! It's with a not-for-profit and one of the key members of the org is on my bowling team, so hoping the connection will pay off!
- I have a spa pedicure at 6:00PM tonight, then after that sashimi for dinner!! Great way to to end the day!
- And the scale has FINALLY climbed under 180 -- 179.4!! Just 4/10's of a pound away from my goal! I can see it!!