Friday, January 04, 2013
Wow -- 3 days in to the new year, and I am SOOOO looking forward to this weekend with no alarm to wake up to. Even though we just had a 4 day weekend it was a busy 4 day weekend with two parties and lots of activities in between. I do have some "to do's" this weekend, but nothing that requires me to get up early.
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Some different goals for me in 2013:
- Weight maintenance! I'm at 180.8 right now, and my PCP and Bariatric Dr both have indicated they do not want me to lose any more weight. So my goal is to stay between 175 and 185.
- Running: At least four 5K races this year, and at least one 10K. Improve my 5K time to 27 minutes or better. For the 10K, I'll be thrilled if I finish in under 60 minutes!
- Projects: I've had this desire to build my own outdoor shed, which is something we need anyway, and my hunch is that I can do it much cheaper than if I buy one. So I'm going to invest in the plans to do such, including the ground prep, etc. The nice part is I can spread the funding for it so it does not become a financial pain.
- Financial: Continue to improve our financial house (i.e...reducing debt, contribute more to 401K, ,etc).
- Work: I started in a new position last September, so my goal here is real simple -- continue to learn and grow!
- Procrastination: I've gotten better about this, but I still procrastinate too often. Work to procrastinate less and do more!
- Live in the moment! Family, friends, events, sights, sounds, etc.
Happy 2013 to all my of SP friends!!
Monday, December 31, 2012
2012 was a very eventful year (aren't they all?), but there were some unique items worth highlighting:
- Lost another 47 pounds, and am at 180.8. I still want to hit 179 and even maybe drop a few more to 175, but I'm in a very good spot weight-wise.
- In addition the pounds, 7 inches disappeared around my waist (33 inches now) and 5 inches vanished from my hips (37 inches). Kinda blew the clothing budget this year, but it was for a good reason!!
- Ran four 5K races this year -- which considering I NEVER ran or even like to run, was huge in my book! Plan to run in my first winter race in February, and will likely look to run in at least one 10K race in 2013.
- Attended my youngest daughter's college graduation in May (Colorado State University). We used that even to do some vacationing in South Dakota, a first for my DW and I.
- Did some serious outdoor work around the house, including demo'ing a non-working 8 person hot tub on our back deck, mulching the entire perimeter of our house (over 100 cubic yards of mulch!), and repainting all of the shudders from a non-descript "puke" color, to black. It really changed the look of the house!
Today is the one year anniversary of my mom's passing, and we did have a memorial for her in March at my dad's home, with my brother, his wife, my son and his GF all in attendance. It was a very informal affair, but I think it captured the essence of her great life!
I'll save my 2013 goals and plans for tomorrow's blog, but all in all it was a very good year!
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
So for those of you who followed my extended stay in the Denver airport, we finally made it to Philadelphia at 12:30AM Tuesday morning (we were supposed to arrived at 9:00PM the day before!). Our flight was not the only one to experience a delay, so baggage claim was crazy! Finally got my bags shortly after 1am, then was fortunate to quickly hop on a shuttle to the parking lot my car was in. Rolled out of there at 1:22AM, and thankfully no traffic on the road and was home being greeted by two of my puppies at 2:42AM! Took me a few minutes to ramp down and was asleep by 3am, but being a creature of habit was awake at 7:30AM! SIGH!
4+ hours of sleep just does not cut it for me! 7 is really the right amount. Tonight my goal is to be in bed by 10PM, so with my alarm set for 6AM, I should get a nice 8 hour rest! I have a hunch that if this plan goes as expected, I'll feel like a new person tomorrow!
As I said in the title - Lack of sleep sucks!
Monday, December 10, 2012
There is nothing quite as fun as being stuck in an airport when flights are delayed! I happen to be stuck in Denver as I blog due to the weather on the east coast (specifically Philadelphia). The current delay is 3:10, and hoping it does not grow any longer. As it stands, my flight will arrive around midnight, and after getting my bags, taking the shuttle to my car, etc, I'll be home close to 2AM! Thank goodness I had already planned to take tomorrow AM off from work!
In the meantime, always a fun sport to people watch. So far nothing out of the way of unusual, but with multiple flights delayed to the east coast, there is bound to be one or two folks who may start to sound off (as if the airlines can do anything about it!).
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts