Sunday, July 24, 2011
Well, I didn't do a lot this weekend since it was so hot. I did cut the grass and trim the bushes, very early in the morning, but was still soaked when I was done since it was so humid.
I got a lot of grocery shopping done plus things out of the garden and spent one afternoon grilling and then the evening chopping foods for the week.
This is what we got out of the garden this morning. Not a lot yet, but it will pick up soon!
On the grill, I cooked some Open Nature Spinach and feta chicken sausages:
Some grass fed beef tenderloin steaks:
A big pan of asparagus with olive oil and Mrs Dash's Caribbean Citrus:
A big pan of zucchini, yellow-green-and red bell peppers, onions, yellow squash that I marinaded in olive oil and balsamic vinegar:
I used this new rice medley I found at Wegman's:
and cooked it with sodium free broth:
I added chopped red peppers and chopped spinach and it turned into a nice pan of this:
I also cooked some whole wheat pasta, added broccoli, red peppers and zucchini and then topped with grated parm and fresh tomatoes and cilantro:
I also smoked a whole chicken and a pork tenderloin in the smoker, boiled a dozen eggs and chopped up lots of fresh fruits and veggies and they are all in the fridge ready to grab and go!
I got a really cool new cooler from 6 pack bags:
It is super insulated and has a shelving system with matching containers and tops. Those are in the fridge packed for tomorrow already. Both sides are large and nicely insulated pouches for protein drinks, waters, etc. I have one side with my blender bottle and my container of protein powder and the other side with water bottles:
It was also Meghan's birthday. This was her 3rd cake so I made it a small one :-)
I think I'm ready for the week. Planning ahead really helps me!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
We went to my Mom's to spend the weekend and to celebrate Meghan's b-day. Mom lives in the Shenandoah Valley in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Her house is in a great spot to view the mountains and she's right near the airport that has glider and plane rides.
These are some views from sitting on her deck. I love the peacefulness and the fresh air here. I'm still sick with quite a cough, but the fresh air there seemed to make me feel better!
These is one of the gliders and the plane that takes it up
When we pulled up, Mom had a nice big sign wishing Meghan a Happy Birthday. She was tickled to see it.
This is the cake she made her
This is Mom, me, Meghan and Nanny
We also went shopping at a little shop called 'The Cheese Shop' I found some great raw nuts, seeds and whole wheat organic pasta, whole wheat cous cous, among other things.
I even found yogurt cheese!
This is me in a cute sundress I found, although I'm not sure if my body is ready for it yet!
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When I ready Tiffany's blog yesterday and was so moved by her accomplishments and Monica being there for her.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, everyone tells me how neat I write
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Not for many years
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I'm not a big cereal person
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Not really, but I'm working on it!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Not always keeping with the goals I set
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. Favorite summer food?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Chicken breast, fruit, low fat cheese
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The news on TV
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Linen dried outside, cinnamon
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football and hockey
27. HAIR COLOR?
Brown with reddish highlights
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Nachos and tacos
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Turquoise and black work out shirt
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Love snow so winter
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Use a laptop or tablet, so none
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Crickets at night, thunderstorms
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
not that I can think of
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
brick and beige siding
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yes, and hoping others do so I can learn more about them!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PINKNFITCARLA Posts