Sunday, October 10, 2010
For those non-Canadians reading this, we are celebrating our Thanksgiving this weekend. Because of this theme, I'm going to tell you some of the things I am very thankful for in my life:
1. I had the best father in my life for 40 long years and can talk about him now without breaking down.
2. I supposedly have a way with dogs. The neighbourhood dogs try to drag their owners up to our door because the dogs know I will make such a big deal out of seeing them.
3. I married my friend! We dated for 9 years, we engaged for 2 and have been married for 10. Yes, we fight but at the end of the day we love and appreciate each other.
4. I have a good relationship with all of my extended family members! Right from my 98 year old grandmother to my 3 year old niece in Australia whom I've never met. She knows me as the parcel lady!
5. I've thankful that we live in a country where healthcare is free and that nobody is shooting at us and that everynight we have food on our table and a roof over our heads.
6. I'm thankful that my parents taught me early on the importance of giving back.
7. I am thankful for living in Newfoundland which really is a little bit of Heaven on earth. We have hundreds and hundreds of miles of untamed wilderness.
8. I am thankful that I have found Spark! There have been moments when I don't want to exercise or when I really want to eat garbage but I visualize the faces of my Spark friends and you guys keep me motivated.
9. I'm thankful for having a wonderful mother! I never appreciated her as much as I should have but since Dad died, our relationship is wonderful. I light up when I see her and we really enjoy each other's company. All we do is laugh!
10. I'm thankful for the memories of Peaches! Also for having been asked to foster both Maddy and Louie. The days we signed their adoption papers we were so blessed!
11. And finally, I'm blessed to have a gay brother. He has taught me so much about love and friendship. He has opened my eyes to so much and I am thankful for every gay friend I have!