Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Not a bad day at all. It was actually really great. Went to work, ate my breakfast, ate lunch, snack, off work, picked up Bear, then zoomed home to go for a quick ride with my mom....
My work isn't like most...I work for my husband's best friend. So I pretty much have free rein. But best of all, he is supportive of my endeavour. Which makes eating at my desk easy
I had a pretty good calorie day. Hadn't planned on having sushi, but then again I also hadn't planned on getting to go for a bike ride either. I was just going to put it on my trainer and pedal for a little while, but I was lucky enough to get in a 40 min ride with Bear and my mom. It wasn't fast paced, was not many miles, but it was still exercise and I still was able to burn some good calories...
Today I decided to work on giving up my one true vice....COFFEE!!! I have given in up before. When I lost weight the first time, and when I was pregnant with Bear. So I have experience with the headaches and such. But today wasn't bad. Only a minor ache, and I drank some ice water and it went away. But best of all, I saved $2.37, saved 120 calories, and 11 grams of fat. Pretty good if you ask me?!?!
Tomorrow is a new day. Vic has a post op Dr. appointment for his knee, so he is off. Soooo that means a bike ride when I get off work tomorrow. I'm excited about getting to spend time with him and Bear out on the road....
For now...I'm off to get some shut eye. Need to work on getting a little more sleep. I'll be checking in tomorrow.....
Monday, March 01, 2010
Evening Sparkers....March 1st has come, and is almost gone for me. Couple more hours and then I'm turning off the lights. It's hard to believe that 2 months of the year have already passed. Seems like yesterday it was Christmas Eve and I was digging into Cheese Balls, Little Smokies, Tamales, and Mimosas....So what has 2 months done for me? What will the next 2 months do for me?
In the first 2 months I have.....
1. Lost over 23lbs
2. Realized that I am more than a number on a scale.
3. Found the determination that I had 5 years ago
4. Remembered what it was like to actually cook, and enjoy it
5. Pulled my bike off of the stand and actually rode it after 2 years of just looking at it
6. Walked more than I had in the previous 6 months
7. Shared with my husband how I was feeling, and why this was important to me
8. Vowed to my Bear that I will be a healthier mom for her
9. Made small personal goals that I have been able to achieve
10. Found amazing people to lean on, and stories to follow, to know that "I" can be just as successful if I am determined to be.
In the Next 2 months...
1. I will lose at least 15 more lbs.
2. Start Couch 2 5k
3. Continue to experiment in the kitchen and try at least 2 new recipes a week
4. Ride at least 150 miles
5. Continue to look inside myself and accept WHY I have gotten to this point
6. Remember to focus on "ME" and not feel guilty about it
7. Try 1 Zumba class to see if I like it....if I do, try the other local instructors to find my "fit"
8. Only go out to eat 1 time a week if that (sushi does not count)
9. Write at least 3 blogs per week not for others to read necessarily, but to maintain my focus.
10. Work on accepting this as a lifestyle, not a diet, not a quick fix, but a way to make sure that I am here for my Bear.
So there it is in a nutshell. There really is no "awe" moments...but this isn't about others, it is about me. I know what I have to do. I know how to do it. I just must do it. These past 2 months have been wonderful. Hard, but wonderful. And to think that it truly only started because of a drunk call in the middle of the night from my little sister. I knew I was out of control. But to have her break down in the middle of the night (even though she was drunk), touched me. It made me sit up for the next couple of hours and realize that I was ruining my future, and my daughter's too.
Here's to the next 2 months....
Sunday, February 28, 2010
I thought I might give this a try. I've tried blogging before but usually fall off the wagon. I'm thinking this might be an "outlet" for myself. Just share a couple of thoughts, a couple ideas...I don't know, we'll see....
This weekend was really great. Food, exercise, quality time with my family...it was great.
When I got married in 2005, my husband and i were both avid cyclist. Anywhere between 150 to 200 miles per week. Yes it sounds like a lot, and it was. but it was nothing for us to ride 50 to 80 miles on a Saturday. It was freedom. Being out on the road, feeling the wind on your face. Your heart pumping while you chug up a hill...It's a wonderful feeling...
This weekend I felt that again. It was not 50mile ride, it was only 15, but it was a glorious 15 miles. Vic pulled Bear, and I rode behind the both of them. It was fun. Lots of fun....we looked to do it again today, however the norther blew in and the wind was CRAZY. But I didn't get discouraged, instead I put the bike on our trainer and pedaled my little heart out. After 30 mins, my legs were burning, my blood pumping, and I was drenched!!! Not what I had planned, but it was still wonderful.
My most exciting food moment this weekend...happened tonight. My husband wanted pizza. Can't say I blamed him. Our pizza parlor finally opened back up after renovations. They have the most AMAZING PIZZA...it's called the "Big Kahuna". It is thin crust, with Kalua pork, pineapple, and Portuguese sausage. Well he ordered him a small, and I made this..... Don't mind the "crispy" edges, I had it on broil and the baby needed more milk, and well my pizza had to wait a min. It was a flatout bread, tomato sauce, 2oz of ground turkey that I spiced up, 3/4c spinach, and 1 string cheese. And it was YUMMY!!!! But best of all I didn't give in, and I still had Pizza....
Here's to a great week....head up, chin out, and work it baby, work it!!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time PALOMARES05 Posts