Saturday, November 02, 2013
I thought (silly me) that once you start this new lifestyle, eat healthily and work out on a regular basis, it's a permanent change - that you just don't have huge set-backs like the one I've been having for a while. I lost 16kg, I was doing really well... Now I just don't know what's happened. I keep eating too much, and lots of sweets. I've also been slacking on exercise.
I have realized that this takes effort. I have to do my best every day, and just do it - work out and eat healthily - even when I don't feel like it at all. There will be days like this, and months too. Small victories is what really matters, because a series of small victories brings big results.
So, it's time for me to re-commit to my new lifestyle. No more slacking. I need to do this for me and lose 10kg more. I know I can do it! I am challenging myself to try and see what progress I can make in the last two months of 2013. I want to reconnect with my Spark friends too, another area where I've been slacking.
Will report on my progress in two months' time No more excuses!
Sunday, June 30, 2013
I have been on Sparkpeople for more than 6 months, and during this time, I have learned some important "lessons" in my life that I would like to share with you, my Spark friends. So, here it goes:
- Sometimes, bad things happen for a good reason. If I hadn't gained 60 pounds due to health issues, I would later never have discovered the joy of living an active life and being physically active! Yes, it is true: workout is a natural mood-lifter. I feel better and more energetic, and can't imagine a life without workout anymore.
- Yes, one cake does make a difference! So does every step in the right direction, and every single healthy decision.
- There will always be set-backs. Don't look at the trees and forget the forest!
- Always be thankful to other people for support. I have only just recently realized how much this means to me! I couldn't have changed my lifestyle without all the support from my husband, family and friends - Spark friends included, who live hundreds of miles away! I am so grateful for every encouragement, and I am beginning - and will do my best to continue - to give back what I have received, and to spread the Spark.
- I am a work in progress, and so is everyone else. My job is to do my best every day. And yes, people can change.
For instance from this point in my life:
to this point in my life:
and further. I continue learning, and loving my life!
Friday, May 10, 2013
The Spring challenge is coming to end, so it's time to recap. I have to say that I'm having conflicting feelings when it comes to what I've accomplished. To be honest I haven't completely done my best. I started this challenge with lots of enthusiasm (part of it was that I was new to Sparkpeople), but then somewhere in-between I just started "skipping" things. However, I did lose 9lbs - my goal was 10, but I think that is quite an achievement!
It's hard to follow a plan completely with all the other 'life' challenges as well, although that is not an excuse. What the Spring challenge gave me was the motivation to continue with my new healthy lifestyle, and I am very grateful for that. What about the future? There is a happy event in my family in October - my sister is getting married. I want to really 'shine' at that wedding and look my best - not skinny but not fat either. I know it will take a while longer to meet my ultimate goal (140lbs), and then there will be the maintaining. I'm looking forward to all these challenges! And most of all, I want to remain being "on track" with my workout and healthy eating. There are other goals in my life as well which aren't that weight-loss oriented, but let's leave that for maybe another blog!
I wish everyone in the Bouncing Apple Blossoms group to keep going! There will always be set-backs but we can do this!
Friday, April 19, 2013
I'm half way there with my Spring Challenge, and I am making big progress. I have changed my lifestyle since December, and since the spring started things are just getting better. I'm tracking my nutrition and my workout and doing everything according to my Sparkpeople programme, and it works! Since December, I have lost 10kilos/20lbs, and that I think is a reason to celebrate! I'm not saying that I don't have my bad days - in fact I had one yesterday, with a super fatty musaka, a cake and a big ice cream. But those "bad days" are getting fewer and farther in-between. My workout has increased immensely, and I like it that because of this I can eat a bit more, and not deprive myself.
I admit I'm not doing everything I should when it comes to the challenge - for instance, I'm not going to jog because I absolutely hate running/jogging. I do however try to make substitutes - for instance, today I went hiking instead jogging, and I do a lot of turbo jam. I find that if I actually like the workout, I tend to do it a lot more often and with greater enthusiasm. I'm sorry I'm not contributing more points to this challenge, for me it really is better this way.
Now I better track those points I won this week!
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
This is my first blog entry ever! Writing a blog is part of the March into Spring Challenge so I thought I'd give it a try.
What I hope to accomplish during this challenge is:
- to keep going and meeting my goals (for this challenge and otherwise) even when I feel like giving up, sitting on the couch and nibbling on that chocolate
- to work out at least 30mins a day
- to lose 10lbs by the end of the challenge
- to look healthy, sexy and overall at my best
Now it's time for me to brag a little (not part of the challenge haha). Since I started my Sparkpeople journey, I have gone from a workout-hating couch potato to somebody who works out every day; from somebody who eats an entire tray of brownies, to somebody who eats within the prescribed calorie range - and healthy! I've already lost 15lbs. My energy levels are about ten times higher than they were about 4 months ago, and I LOVE my new lifestyle. Thank you Sparkpeople, I couldn't have done it without you.
Get An Email Alert Each Time OXYGEN9 Posts