Thursday, December 03, 2009
Tuesday was my official weekly weigh-in day but I do have to admit I usually weigh myself daily. On Tuesday my scale showed an official loss of 4.8lbs!!! I was excited to get that kind of result with the past week being Thanksgiving and TOM arriving the day before. Then yesterday I got on the scale and I was down another .2. Today I got on the scale and I was another pound down...303.8!!!! I can't believe it!
I am almost out of the 300's. It is SO close I can't stand it! I think this is going to push me to work out a little harder each day and really log every bite I eat. (I've actually been doing great with that. My 9 year old got a s mall candy cane blizzard yesterday, didn't eat it all so I ate the last6 bites. I logged it and I still came out okay on my tracker.)
I see a lot of people excited to enter the ONEderlands and it is exciting for them (Hey, when I get to that point I'll be sobbing with Elation!) But for me, right now, leaving the 300's is thrilling. I haven't seen the 200's since the beginning of my pregnancy with Hannah almost three years ago.
Speaking of Hannah, a little update. It's been almost two weeks since her finger accident. Since then we've been to the specialist twice for bandage changes. I have to admit it was hard for me to see her finger. The last time, two days ago, her finger was looking worse to me. Red, puffy with green pussy scabbing. I asked the doctor about it and he said, "It actually looks really good". Okay, if you say so. He said we can start taking her bandage off at home only for showers. I visited with the older kids and let them know not to make an comments like "Oh, GROSS" "YUCK" etc... Some are a little apprehensive and said they'll leave the room when we take the bandage off for the shower. The doctor thinks it will mend nicely on it's own, if it doesn't then they'll shave off the tip of the bone and do a skin graft.
I'm so thankful for the success I'm having and that it has finally "clicked" mentally to stick with this.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
So the run of unfortunate hard things hasn't ended in my life. From several of my last posts show things have been VERY tough! Well, I've added another thing...a broken down Suburban! Wednesday night I was in a town 35 minutes away with one of my kids for an eye therapy appointment. We'd finished up and two blocks from the office my steering went out in my car. I was very lucky to be able to crank the wheel, with my new found muscles, and get off the street into the parking lot.
I called my husband in tears. We weren't able to get it figured out, still broken, but it's being worked on as I speak.
Things are overwhelming, I layed on my bed SOBBING after finally getting home Wednesday night. I've had a huge pity party (still do but they're getting smaller) but I know that just dwelling on it is going to bring my spirit down and not help anything.
I've been mentally fighting with myself. One side keeps saying to focus on the positive and what you're thankful for, especially this time of year. The other side gets stubborn and says WHAT things, there's nothing?!?!?! I've decided to have the positive side win I need to actually get the things I'm thankful for down on paper.
1. I'm thankful that my daughter only lost part of one finger and not more or more fingers.
2. I'm thankful that my husband still has a job
3. I'm thankful that if my car was going to die it happened in town and not on the deserted country road.
4. I'm thankful that we have friends that moved out to the town where my car broke down and they came and picked up my daughter and me until my husband could come and fed us dinner.
5. I'm thankful that my father-in-law is on his way right now to help us get the car fixed (hopefully).
6. I'm thankful that my 17-year-old daughter just bought a $400 car (although it's a stick, UGH!!!). So with hers and my husband's we could fit the whole family to make the drive 1.5 hours away for Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws.
7. I'm thankful for an amazing husband
8. I'm thankful for 7 wonderful kids
9. I'm thankful that we are all alive, healthy and together
10. I'm thankful I'm making a healthy lifestyle change and that I've seen success already.
11. I'm thankful for a terrific sister who is doing this with me and together we can get healthy and motivate each other.
12. I'm thankful for my Faith, for my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior that lives.
13. I'm thankful for the wonderful husband my mom has who loves her dearly and feels it a duty and honor to treat her the way my dad did before he died.
14. I'm thankful for my 7 brothers and sisters who are always there for each other.
15. I'm thankful for a close-knit neighborhood who are always looking out for each other and would do anything to help!
16. I'm thankful for technology that allows me to have access to SP and other wonderful helpful sites.
Okay, that was more helpful then I thought it was going to be! In reality I could have listed much more, there truly is a lot of things to be thankful for!
I'll have to post this list to see it daily as I deal with life's hardships.
AND...I'm thankful for great new friends I'm meeting here at Spark People. Thanks for the support!
Friday, November 20, 2009
YAY, my husband is home!!! After a very chaotic three days of being a single mom I now can relinquish some of my single parent duties over to my husband.
This morning when I woke up to head out to the gym I decided to get on the scale (a few days early). I was feeling bloated yesterday but I was jut curious what was going on. I'm pleased to announce that I am down one pound since Tuesday! Right on target with my 2 lbs a week goal!
I'm especially pleased with that loss after the hard week I've had and the many times I've been tempted to cave into old habit of stress eating.
A public thank you to all who came running to my rescue when I sent out my S.O.S. It was really needed and truly appreciated!!!
I'm looking forward to a great weekend! I can't wait to see what I can accomplish in the next four days (in more ways than one).
Here's to a successful weekend for everyone!
Get An Email Alert Each Time OVERHAULING-ME Posts