Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I've had a lot of time to myself now that Randy's been hunting. I am kinda having a rough time this season with it, I'm missing him a bit. :(
Any ways, I'm going to try to not be resentful and negative about it. Its giving me a lot of time to work out and focus on my health.
Also it gives me some time for introspection of myself. CANDOK1260 had a good blog yesterday about things she likes about herself and I thought that was something I should do because I haven't thought about it in awhile. So here I go....
10 Things I Like About Myself
1) I have a really strong work ethic. I'm a very hard worker. Every thing that I have, I have worked for and earned.
2) I am passionate about every thing that I do. I always put 200% into the things I choose to do because of this passion. The quality of all my efforts is very high.
3) I am a strong decision maker. I am an independent thinker. I know this sounds silly, but I have discovered that a lot of people aren't. They aren't confident with themselves and therefore they aren't confident in their decisions. This is not a problem I have.
4) I am a compassionate person. I have a special soft spot for animals and children. I am a nurturer. I like to take care of people and things. I also always root for the underdog.
5) I have a love of knowledge. I love to know things. I'm constantly looking things up. I always want to know more. I think that's a pretty neat thing about myself.
6) I am strongly motivated to achieve. I don't give up. I don't back down. When I am feeling down, I push through it and try to find the positive. I don't like to settle for second best.
7) I have a diverse background. I am adopted. My parents were divoced. I am Korean American. I am marrying a man who has a kid who I am raising as my own. I think this gives me a unique view of the world.
8) I am accountable. I always accept responsibility when things go wrong. I try not to make excuses. Even when things don't go wrong, I try to see how I could've done "better" in a situation.
9) I can financially support myself and my family if I needed. I was raised by a single mother and this is something that was important to her, and has also become important to me. It makes me feel good to know that I don't need to rely on any one and that my family can rely on me if needed.
10) I'm trying to be the best parent I can to our kid. He's not my "step" kid. Or "randy's" kid. He's my kid. And I assume full responsibility as his parent. I try to learn every day from him and do my best by him. Its not easy, and I've learned a lot about myself. I want him to be successful and happy in his life.
Sunday, October 07, 2012
The fiance and I weren't very happy with each other last night. We rarely fight, so it kinda throws off my routine when we do. Any ways, needless to say, I laid down for a nap and didn't wake up until this morning 15 hours later.
This morning he went out hunting, I got myself up, had breakfast, sparked, and then I went for a run. I plan on going for another one this evening to make it up to my CAT team that and I actually enjoyed this mornings run. I had been running on the treadmill but this morning decided to brave the elements because it was getting boring.
The run was freezing, but weirdly enough I made my fastest time. I must've been motivated to get home! lol.
I have my nephew's 2 yr birthday party to go to this afternoon and Im very excited about it.
I've still got to get him a present.
Positives so far:
I'm blessed with family, even when we aren't getting along.
I feel very energized since I've been eating better and drinking lots of water.
Fall air and leaves. Its my favorite time of the year.
My nephew, he's the most beautiful 2 year old you can meet.
Time to myself. Quiet time...time to focus on myself, time to relax.
fiance and nephew hanging out. Aren't they adorable?
Get An Email Alert Each Time OJ_2_OK Posts