Monday, November 19, 2007
Ok... I gotta laugh because as the saying goes, if I don't laugh, I'll cry.
I am so overwhelmed at all the responses and hugs and well wishes and prayers and wonderful advice from my sparkfriends. I love you guys! You make me feel like I CAN and WILL get through this... and be smilin' on the other side! :D
Ok.. now, the update...
I got through the subbing. I did teach fractions for two days and I think I did pretty good because all the kids seemed to understand and did well on their work! (yay!)
I am using Quickbooks for my church finanacial records, and I now have that all up to date. It didn't take long to learn. It looks different from my old quickbooks, so I was worried, but once I go into it... piece of cake :)
another deep breath
My hubby has taken over the cooking of the meats for Thanksgiving day, and I have enlisted family to bring several side dishes, so things are rolling pretty good in this area.
in with the good... out with the stress :)
However... I still have yet to enter the contribution records for church members, that's just long and tedious data entry that will wait until after Thanksgiving. I also still have to re-create my templates for my monthly reports for church business. Which means I need Excel on my computer, which I don't have.... yet. This I have to get done by the first week of December.
uh, oh... stress levels rising again !
I still have the float to do for my daughter's class, and still no one but the one has called... but... I do have a plan, so even if I'm the only one doing it all, I know what I'm doing and I can do it. I'm not going all out or anything, just a simple nativity basically, and lots of little drummer boys and girls :) I'm doing the drums with them Tuesday. (hey, that's tomorrow!) but again, I have a plan, so things should go smoothly. I love doing crafts with kids, anyhow. I'll do the trailer decorating on the day of the parade.
My kids have been helping out in the house cleaning area. I have been doing laundry all day today. so I can see light at the end of those tunnels!!!!
cleansing breath... in.... out.... smile! :)
Now for the crasher... MY computer. My laptop, on which I do ALL my own personal computer stuff, has some major problem. Last night my husband thought the hard drive on it had died. He said he felt so bad for me... Having 2 hard drives die on me in less than 2 weeks! Plus on my laptop are all my digital pictures and videos and documents and lots of other important stuff. I went to sleep literally sick to my stomach last night. I thought I had lost stuff that couldn't be replaced... but this morning, for whatever reason, my husband was able to get my computer to come on! He immediately networked it to my daughter's computer so that I could move all my stuff to a folder there for safe-keeping, as well has having a backup of some critical stuff on his thumbdrive. I am relieved that he got it working, but his next step is to figure out why it failed in the first place. So I don't know when that will be up and running.
stress rising again, oh well! :)
Keep on praying for me, and sending me sweet, peaceful vibes.
I will not be gone from here long... maybe another week...
deep breath.... again... out with the bad and in with the good!
I hope all of you are doing well, eating well, drinking your water, computers working as they should! :) No family crisis, clean (enough) homes and that you're looking forward to a wonderful day of thanks and being with family and friends.
In spite of all the stress, we all have so much to be thankful for!... each other. :)
BIG Hugs! and thank you!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Aloha my sparkfriends and sparkfamily! I have not forgotten you, and I hope you've not forgotten me, cause I still need y'all.
This has been one of the most stressful weeks I've experienced in a very very long while. Let me tell you about it...
1- I am financial secretary at my church. I keep all our records, financial and contributions on a computer. My computer crashed. I mean totally and completely, wham bam thank you ma'am. The harddrive is dead. I lost everything. Yep, everything. Well, I did have a semi-current back-up for the finances, but everyone's contribution record bit the dust with the harddrive. I used to keep back-ups of that as well, but my flash drive had died, so I bought a new one, and for some reason that I never figured out, the contribution record would not save to the new flash drive. So now I have to go back to January's paper record and re-enter all our member's contributions, as well as getting my financial records up to date from my last save.
2. Good news... they decided I could get a new computer (yay!) but we couldn't find the original software to load onto it, not that it would work with Vista anyhow, so, I also had to buy new software and I am in the process of trying to learn it.
3. Did I mention that the 15th was payday for church employees?
4. I was called to sub this week.... EVERY day this week, all day every day. The teacher I'm subbing for, her mother passed away over the weekend. Very sad. So of course she didn't expect to be gone all week, and I had no idea what all she wanted me to do. I'm usually left with a schedule and lesson plan. Luckily, I had subbed for her Friday, and so I did have some idea where the kids were at in Science and Social Studies, but Math... that was different. Friday we had fractions, but then Tuesday her plan listed several worksheets that had nothing to do with fractions, So I had them do the worksheets while I came up with a lesson plan for the other subjects. Then, later that day, I found her lesson plan book (yay!) and amazing, I had planned nearly the exact same things! I made some small changes and finally we were rollin'.... except math. I didn't know if she would want me to continue on with fractions or something else. The principal called in another teacher to help me develop a plan. She's good. She decided to go with the fractions and she taught the morning class and I did the afternoon class. It went well, but I had several interruptions. Oh well. That's life, now I wonder what we'll be doing tomorrow.... one really good thing is that these classes are really good!
5. My husband and I take Operation Christmas Child boxes to the drop off center this Sunday. We haven't even made ours yet.
6. I had already invited my entire family to eat Thanksgiving Dinner at my house. Thinking I had two weeks to get everything in order and cleaned and a menu made, shopped for and cooked up.... I still haven't shopped, and my menu is lacking, and my house is a disaster area!
7. Laundry piles are now laundry mountains.
8. I was asked to be the head of getting together and decorating the float for my daughter's class for the annual Christmas Parade at school. There are 13 kids in her class, only 1 has responded to my letter of request for help. Someone who's willing to loan and pull a trailer for the float. I still need so much more help!
9. Next Tuesday I had offered to do a craft with my daughter's class... to make drums to use on their float during the Christmas Parade. Their theme is the Little Drummer Boy. Problem with that is, I thought I'd have had all week and would have my house in order by then. AND I'm wondering and even the principal's not sure if the teacher will return to school for the two days we'll be attending next week.
10. I've not logged my food all week, and I have eaten horribly. I'm too scared to weigh. I've been not eating all day, then coming home really hungry. My staples have been peanut butter, cream cheese and low carb tortillas. AND s/f chocolates. AND my water is lacking so much!
11. On top of all that, tom is here this week.
So, y'all please send peaceful prayers and thoughts my way! I've not abandoned Sparkpeople! I'm not giving up on my diet, I'm going to return!.... After I get some much needed rest and sleep! I was up past midnight getting payroll done, then taking the checks up to the church so they would have them today, knowing I'd be subbing all day and wouldn't be able to get there in the morning. I am so tired and overwhelmed. Please pray for me this week... for peace, rest and strength to get through all of this without drowning myself in added weight!
Love & Hugs to all my sparkfriends!
Thursday, November 08, 2007
I'm doing the happy dance! Today started out really good for me. I'm down another 2 lbs! Am I surprised? YES. I told my husband last night that I hoped to see 179.5 this morning. Well, I stepped on the scale and saw 177.5 this morning! WOW! I ran to get my camera. :) Was gonna take a pic of that! (like Heidi did before, very clever) And when I stepped back on with my camera, I was 178. :\ Hmmm. Oh well, I know I'm somewhere between 177.5 and 178. And 178 looks nearly as good as 177.5 today. :) My scales read in .5 lb increments, so it rounds to the closest mark, I reckon. I sometime wished it read in .1 increments. I loved the 177.5, tho, and hope to see that again tomorrow morning!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
I was tickled and surprised this morning when I stepped on the scale and it gave me a new number! One LESS than that horrible number I've been seeing for over 3 weeks! Woohoo! It's about time. I did not expect it at all due to the higher calories, higher carb, lack of exercise and ice cream I've been having... but... I'm very happy with it! Today.
I have set my Thanksgiving Day goal at 177. That's 3 lbs in 2 weeks, which seems very do-able to me. I bet I could exceed it even if I would just exercise! Why is that so easy for some and so hard for others? :::Sigh:::
Get An Email Alert Each Time OHANAMAMA Posts