Saturday, September 01, 2012
And I want a moment to be real,
Wanna touch things I don't feel,
Wanna hold on and feel I belong.
And how can the world want me to change,
Theyre the ones that stay the same.
They cant see me,
But Im still here.
***I love this song, I'm Still Here, by Johnny Rzeznik*** It moves me... speaks to me, speaks for me in some ways***
Sometimes I feel so sorry for myself... I'm so fat, I can't control my eating, I hate to exercise, I need more money, my house is a mess, and real friendships are non-existent... and then I learn about someone who helps me put things into proper perspective...
Have you met Shiloh Pepin? An amazing little girl wise beyond her years, with a zest for life and a self-confidence like no other. Happy, accepting of who she is... with no desire for anyone to change her... "It's the way I was made when I was born." She told Oprah. And she remained true to her beautiful and precious little self until the day she died.
So... with this new outlook.. no more pity party. If there is something I want to change, then change it. If there's something I need to fix, then fix it... but above all, love life, live life, full of spirit!
Today's blog was going to be just that... a pity party. Day 1 of yet again another diet that I'm half-heartedly committing to... whining about lack of time and money to get things done... and varius ways I aim to change. I posted that before... Not this time, not now.
Well... I'm still here, I am a child of God, I am healthy, I am loved, I am in control of my own life and my own choices.. there is no place for personal pity... What right do I have to think things are so bad with me/for me? I do not like who I have become lately... full of excuses, lacking control, not caring most of the time, really, often feeling down and depressed...
Well, I don't want to be that way any more. And I won't.
"...who you are inside is what makes you a star." ~Shiloh
"You'll never know if you never try." ~Shiloh
"I believe she's here to just pay testimony that the human spirit is incredible and you can achieve your dreams as long as you have the will and the drive and the spirit," Elmer Pepin said of his daughter. "And she definitely has that, no doubt about it."
Shiloh Jade Pepin 1999-2009
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Saw this on another blog... thought it would be fun... I always like these "getting to know you" things.... so, here goes:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? of course... there were many people named before me... I mean, just think about how long people have been on this earth... I'm sure they all had names of some sort...
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? the other day we moved my oldest daughter off to college... I didn't want to leave.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? sure, we get along pretty well, most of the time.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? fajitas. :D
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? human ones... yes... 4
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Well heck yeah! I'm awesome!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? No, never.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I do... and they are still a part of me, not in a jar. LOL!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I'd love to say absolutely YES! but I gotta get in shape first.... right now I'd probably throw up.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? not much of a cereal killer.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? - flip flops have ties?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Only if I've not showered in a few days.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? YES.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? attitude, smile, polite-ness... attitude.
15. RED OR PINK? most of the time pink... ocassionally red. ... wait... to what are we referring here?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Arms and belly... I do not like them, no, I do not.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Those that are too fast... they keep getting out of my target zone. um... we are referring to the zombies, right?
18. ANY TATTOOS? I've seen a few cools ones... but my favorite is that little guy from that tv show a long time ago.... he worked for that handsome spanish speaking dude.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? ummm... flip flops! these are brown.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? coffee. it is MORNING, duh.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? there is this humming... no buzzing... sh... it's quiet... in here. hehehe ....
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? - Let me just say I am so glad I'm not a crayon... but I do like them, ain't nothin' like a new box... and I like the turquoisey ones right now. :)
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? gosh... there are so many. Most of my faves include foods and spices ... and rain.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? not a person, a machine... I hate those things... I talked to a stupid machine and I'm sure I sounded like a dork. Always do.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? BEACH HOUSE BEACH HOUSE BEACH HOUSE BEACH HOUSE BEACH HOUSE BEACH HOUSE!!!! :D
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Anything my kids are participating in, but not big on any sport, really. I have been to a few races...drag races, boats, cars, ... pretty cool.
27. HAIR COLOR? no, I do not color my hair
28. EYE COLOR? - nor my eyes... sheesh, isn't that dangerous?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? - No, I keep them in my phone and email list. It would be pretty weird if I wore them.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Spicy, Mexican, Asian, Guacamole, Fajitas... Mmmmm.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Bring on the HORROR!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Hunger Games... with my little girl, twice. :)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? - Orange with palm trees on the back... why, are you looking for me or something??? I'm weirded out a bit now.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? I love all seasons.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? depends on who it is. :D
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? YES.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? - you assume I do either of these? You are so funny!
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Depends on what I'm wanting to do with them.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I'm not reading a book right now... I'm reading these questions!
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My mouse... duh.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? I love the sound.... of silence (that's a song) hehehe.... along with silence, I love thunderstorms, rain, my kids getting along and having fun.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Sometimes beatles are easier to catch... I caught a pretty iridescent one the other day! Rolling stones will stop on their own eventually. I pretty much enjoy both. :)
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Physically or Mentally?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? No.
no... all my talents are just regular, nothing special.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? - in a hospital
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? - in a house
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? - again with the stalking thing... are you doing a fly-over and looking for me? My house is cypress gray/brown if you must know.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? - Which one?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS? It's fun... altho some seem really strange. LOL! and I'm in a silly MOOD! :)
Thursday, July 05, 2012
To all those who looked at and commented on my Washington DC blog... Thank you so much for letting me share a tidbit of our little visit with you! We did have a wonderful, although much too short, time.
I hope you all had a happy 4th of July!
Get An Email Alert Each Time OHANAMAMA Posts