Monday, February 27, 2012
I want and need to get healthy, fit, and lose 100 lbs. I will do this by:
1. Drinking Water - a minimum of 8 glasses each day... more is better.
2. Controlling my eating - by:
------a) increasing fresh fruits and veggies
------b) decreasing junk foods like cookies, chips, candy, and processed stuff
------c) making smarter food choices (100% whole grains over those that aren't, baked over fried, dark chocolate over milk chocolate, unprocessed over processed, fresh over cooked (when this applies) lower fat over full fat (in some foods) real foods over fake foods (like real butter over fake butter) and organic when I can... etc.....
------d) limiting the portions I eat of everything!!! I can eat so much at one sitting! I am going to learn to stick with one serving.
------e) keeping track of all I eat and drink. (this includes nutritional tracking) It's so easy for me to underestimate or mindlessly eat something and then forget it.
------f) eating a bit of dark chocolate every day.... because I love it and I can. :)
------g) drinking my coffee in the mornings without guilt... I love my coffee and it's something I like to enjoy daily, like chocolate. :) So I will allow myself this small indulgence, too.
3. Exercising - doing anything every day. I want to be active in my "old age" so I must start being active NOW or it simply ain't gonna happen.
4. Practicing Positive Self-Talk - I am the world's worst at negative self-talk... but I'm making a conscience effort to stop it. When I find myself wanting to put myself down... I will lift myself up.
5. Searching for Positive Motivation - from family, SparkPeople, Sparkfriends, quotes, sayings, posters, music, clothes I'd love to wear, favorite vacation destinations, sunshine, whatever gets me and keeps me motivated to be the best ME.
6. Increasing my Spiritual Motivation - my relationship with God always keeps my heart in the right place... and all things in proper perspective.
7. Choosing Happiness - in all things... even during trials, burdens, setbacks, fat days and rainy days... as well as during successes, accomplishments, skinny days, and days of sunshine. Happiness is an attitude and a choice.
8. Allowing Myself to make a few mistakes - I'm normally not very forgiving of myself when I mess up. I know mistakes will happen... and I know it's not the end of the world if I realize this and get over it... pick up... carry on... right then and skip the past mandatory self-punishment.
9. Not setting a time limit - I gained all this weight over many many years (up and down, up and down... never reached a goal, though) ... I'd love to lose it all in a short time, but I know that's not realistic for me... if this takes a year, that will be fabulous, but if it takes 2, then so be it... my health is worth the time.
10. Adhering to Unwavering Determination and Commitment - I will have to re-commit on a daily basis... perhaps sometimes on an hourly basis... but I will do this. I will not give up, give in or let fat get the best of me (as I have already for so many years)
So there it is... My overall plan to get healthy and lose 100 lbs. all spelled out in 10 easy to follow (just go with me here) steps.
I realize that steps 1, 2, & 3 are the ones that will actually get me thinner and healthy... Steps 4 - 10 will help keep me on track. Don't think I can do the basic 3 without all the rest. I have tried in the past.... and staying on track is a problem I had.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I'm feeling thinner already!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
A. Age: today I'm 46... but I will be 47 in less than 2 weeks! (March 10th)
B. Bed size: it's queen size, but often I wish it were bigger. LOL!
C. Chore that you hate: take your pick... they all stink! LOL!
D. Dogs: One little sweetie... Daisy ... (why isn't C. Cats? I have several cats and I like them much better than chores!)
E. Essential start to your day: getting out of bed... then Coffee... duh.
F. Favorite color: I love orange... (sunshine colors) and greeny blues... I'll just call them Ocean. :)
G. Gold or Silver: Both. :)
H. Height: Well, as a teen I was measured at 5'8" at all my doc appts... at my last doc appt where my height was measured, 5'7"! I'm shrinking!
I. Instruments you play: air guitar, air drums... air. LOL!
J. Job Title: first... mom. my favorite "job"! otherwise, financial secretary, deputy clerk.
K. Kids: 4 terrific kiddos... Johnathan, Melanie, Christopher, Bethany and 1 husband that's a big kid at heart: Donnie. :)
L. Live: Arkansas.
M. Mother's name: Marilyn
N. Nicknames: Hmmm... I used to be called Nay and Nay Nay sometimes. :)
O. Overnight hospital stays: Just when I had my 4 babies. (boy: 20, girl 17, boy 16 and girl 11)
P. Pet peeves: ugh... rude people, people who don't pull up their pants, people who don't follow the "renee' rules of driving", text typing when you're not texting, poor grammar when speaking or typing. (although I'm probably guilty of that myself sometimes!)
Q. Quote from a movie: "I have crossed oceans of time to find you." Dracula (1992) "I'll have what she's having." When Harry Met Sally (1989) "We all go a little mad sometimes." Psycho (1960) I could fill up page after page of favorite movie quotes!!!!
R. Right- or left-handed: I'm a righty.
S. Siblings: a sister, Michelle, and a brother Steve... both younger than I am.
T. Tattoos & Piercings: Just my ears... 3 on the left and 5 on the right.
U. Underwear: meaning... do I wear them? yes. :) almost every day. LOL!
V. Vegetable(s) you hate: I really can't think of a veggie I hate right now.
W. What makes you run late: last minute forgetfulness, cats running in that need to be out... potty emergencies (tmi?)
X. X-Rays you've had: Just one.
Y. Yummy food that you make: Hey, everything I make is yummy, of course! But I make an awesome pot of chili! :)
Z. Zoo animal: Lion, Tigers, and Vampire Bats!
that was fun. :)
Copy and paste to your blog with your answers!
Saturday, February 25, 2012
This is a link to a short and wonderful video poem. I loved it, thought someone here might, too. :)
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement on the loss of my grandmother.
I know the pain and sorrow of losing my grandmother will take time to heal. Some moments I am doing wonderful, feeling like I could handle anything and even nearly euphoric... and then just moments later something can trigger the tearflow and it feels like I will never be happy again. I reckon the fluctuations of my emotions are normal right now... at least I hope so... then again, I don't care. As someone told me, they are my emotions to feel and when I am ready, I can be happy. :) thank you.
My husband is trying to develop plans to help the happiness for me... as well as for my whole family. He's cooking up plans for a Floridian vacation. I love Florida... lived there for a bit as a child, visited many times since then, but it has been 14 years since my last visit and I am soooo ready. My youngest has never seen the ocean in real life... and she's 11!! So I really hope we can make this happen.
Not only will it be a much needed vacation, it will be wonderful incentive to get my rear in gear! Get Fit for Florida! :) So if I'm going to temporarily change my latitiude :)... I will have to permanently change my attitude! And it can start today (I'm having one of my euphoric moments!) I am so very psyched about this!!!
March 1st (one week from tomorrow) I will be going to see Jimmy Buffett in concert. I am psyched about this, too! Gosh... how can I explain... I know Mamaw would want me to be happy and healthy... and I know I need a new attitude about my weight and health... so NOW is the time. HOW, you wonder, does JB fit into that??? It's the music ... living life free of worry, chillin' out, being happy, basking in the sunshine with a smile and flip flops. :) well... for me that sounds perfectly wonderful.
The weather here is prodding my new attitude... it has been spring-like and sunny. I've been blasting my JB music, I've been pouring over tropical pictures... taking them in and dreaming of the day I can visit all those beautiful beaches... paradise.
Ya know what.... I need to celebrate that my grandmother is now in paradise... heaven with those she loves... including our God and our Savior! I am missing her here on earth so very much... but I know that she is loving where she is right now!
I want to embrace life and make memories and be happy, no worries... and it's all in the attitude. ...even when there are bills to pay and there's nothing left over... even when the house is a mess, or I'm still a size 18, or I'm missing my Mamaw so very much!!! I want to be happy... I want that attitude. It's time I grasp it and enjoy this life!
And sparkfriends... if you see me feeling down, posting the blues... remind me to re-read this blog... it makes me feel good!
~~Hula Girl at Heart~~
Get An Email Alert Each Time OHANAMAMA Posts