NOTSPEEDY   72,244
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints
NOTSPEEDY's Recent Blog Entries


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I feel good today. The sun is even trying to come out.

Today I will get my cleaning done right away.

Today I will walk at least a mile.

Today I will smile at strangers.

Today I will lift my heart in song.

Today I will stay within my food allotment.

Today I will give hugs, both physical and virtual.

Thank you Jesus for today.


80/20 rule

Monday, February 15, 2010

I just read some good information on WebMD.

I've developed my 80% to 20% rule. Progress, not perfection, means that if you pay attention
and work hard and keep your focus 80% of the time, you're doing superbly well. The other 20%
of the time, you get to be human. -- Pamela Peeke, MD

I believe it doesn't hurt us at all to be human part of the time. If we follow our goals most of the time, we will make it there. I think it makes it easier to strive for our goals if we allow ourselves a little slack.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

BRENMICH 2/16/2010 6:37AM

    I read in a book once that if we make great food choices 90%, the other 10% will not hurt us. Depends on how you look at the 90/10. Over a week, one day, etc. This has helped me in the past. I think it depends on how aware you are of the % you are eating.

But I must also say, that I believe life was given to us to live and enjoy, not always be so driven that we miss the fun of life. Life seems to come with many different rules that the rules in life can sometimes take over.

Report Inappropriate Comment
DTCELLO 2/16/2010 12:05AM

    Glad that works for you. If I give myself permission to goof off 20% of the time, I end up getting fat again. So, I have to try to be 100% every day, knowing that I really won't be, but that is ok. I guess it all ends up the same. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Col 2:7
having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

I want my life to overflow with gratitude. I have so much to be grateful for. My mother lives with us. She is 92 and a beautiful lady, both inside and out. Her favourite words were "God is so good!" They would always be said over the small things in life that one would normally not even think about. She is loved by everyone with her radiant smile and caring heart. I am so glad that we get along so well and that includes my husband too.

I am currently reading "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. The current chapter talks about the little things: books, popcorn, car insurance, blankets, warm clothes (those in the east can especially be grateful for them), sticky notes, fresh fruit. God abundantly supplies our needs.

I am grateful for Sparks People and the encouragement that I am finding here, heating blanket, grandkids (we have 5 in town age 19 months to 7 years - what a joy they are), a wonderful DIL, snow (we have had more than usual), it is neat to watch the big beautiful flakes come down, computers, hand lotion, hot water, exercise class. God gives us so much to be thankful for.

God Bless and have a great day!

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

TLROYER 2/15/2010 9:28AM

    I have so much to be grateful for too. The Lord has surely blessed me. On a gratitude note: whenever I am taking my nice warm shower, I thank the person that invented the hot water heater :) Your background picture is beautiful. Have a great day.

Report Inappropriate Comment
PUDLECRAZY 2/13/2010 10:41AM

    You have a wonderful day, too. I enjoyed your blog and the encouragement to enjoy what we do have. It is so easy to get caught up in what we think we want and forget what we have that is wonderful. In truth, we don't need much. It is the people in our lives, nature around us, the love that we have that is really beautiful and important.

Report Inappropriate Comment
MEOWMAMA3 2/13/2010 10:37AM

    What a wonderful blog! I'm with you and frequently voice my gratitude for all my blessings. I remind my students all the time to stop complaining and be thankful they are in a classroom, with a teacher, books and paper and not out in a field gathering cow patties for fuel all day, or jammed into a hut scratching out letters with a stick on the floor or working for close to nothing in a dangerous, dirty factory somewhere. Today I am thankful for you, my new Sparkfriend!
emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CHLOIANNA 2/10/2010 11:24AM

    This blog made me think. Sometimes I forget how many things I have to be thankful for and focus on the things that are wrong.

Report Inappropriate Comment


Tuesday, February 09, 2010

This mornings Daily Bread was on Hebrews 11. I know the faith chapter and did not want to read it. But I opened my bible and started. God opened my heart to what I was reading - the miracle of faith. Abraham and Sarah had faith, even through their doubts. Noah had faith, even though he probably didn't really understand why God wanted him to build that huge monstrosity. I can just hear the people making fun of him, but he ignored their jeers and did it anyway.

God can take my problems and give me faith and hope. He knows what I am feeling and going through and He has the answers. All I need to do is look to Him and trust Him to take care of my needs. Father I trust you to get me through this day and that you will be glorified.

I remember, when our kids were still home, we were going to go cross country skiing. We got our ski's the night before. That morning we woke up to a very dreary, gray day. The clouds were low and we couldn't even see the Grand Mesa. We discussed whether we should even go, but since we already paid for the use of the ski's, we decided we might as well. We all piled into the car and took off. By the time we got to the top of the mountain, the sun was shining. We looked down into the valley and all we could see was clouds. What a beautiful day!

I need to keep my eyes on Jesus and He will lead me above the clouds. Thank you Jesus.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

SANDRAMOTE 2/9/2010 9:59AM

    emoticon for sharing this emoticon emoticon inspirational story to us. It has brighten up my day.

Report Inappropriate Comment

    Thank you so much for such a beautiful devotional this morning!This really made my day!
You are so right...We should always keep our eyes on Jesus!

God Bless you my Friend and Have a Blessed Day!


Report Inappropriate Comment

Sunday Worship

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Today was a special day of worship. It started when I asked God to help me worship Him today. Why I don't do that every Sunday I don't know. Everything in church today was focused on our great God - the songs, prayers and messages - not that they aren't every Sunday. I guess it was where I was focused. God is so good.


  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

DAISYDAY25 2/7/2010 10:26PM

  We had a very upbeat worship songs today, and Iwas not feeling upbeat when they started but did with the first song.

Report Inappropriate Comment
TANJERM 2/7/2010 9:13PM

    God is good. I finally decided to ask him to help me with this weight loss. I am down 64lbs. Since October 9th. I tried to do it so many times on my own and this time it seems so much easier. I guess that's what it means about he is with us always.

Report Inappropriate Comment

First Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32