Monday, June 03, 2013
As we begin the BLC22 12 week challenge, I feel reenergized to move forward toward improved health and a more exciting life! The ultimate goal that I came to Spark People with 5 weeks ago was to improve my health and wellness so that I could maximize my life activities! I wanted to be in the best possible shape that I could be in so that I could better carry out the plans for my life!
My goals for the BLC22 12 week challenge include the following:
1. Routinely eat 3 meals and 2 snacks each day and log all caloric items consume. I would also love to meet the goals for various nutritional components.
2. Carry out balanced exercise regimen that includes cardio, strength training, and stretching activities ~ still working on the frequency of each ~ right now - 5 days/week of cardio, 2 days/week of strength training, and at 2-3 days/week of stretching.
3. Get blood sugars in acceptable ranges, including FBS, pre-meal BS, and post-meal BS (FBS less than 110; other sugars less than 140).
4. Have energy to get my home organized with excess items removed from my house.
5. Weight - of course I want to see a weight loss - in the next 12 weeks, I would like to see between 12 and 24 pounds lost.
6. Draw closer to God as I turn to Him each day to accompany me on this journey!
Of course, there are many other benefits that will come along with achieving these healthy behaviors. I plan to pay attention so that I can notice and enjoy these positive changes. I am exciting for moving on to this juncture of the journey and look forward to the new people that I will meet and the new experiences that I will enjoy! I want to be sure to enjoy the journey, not just live for the end result!
Sunday, May 26, 2013
I just realized that I have been with Spark People for one month! I am pleased with my progress and definitely feel that I am developing some new healthy habits. Out of the four weeks, I have had only 4 days where I ate items that were not in my nutritional best interest. On the other days, I was well focused on eating for nutrition and when hungry or required by physical needs. I was able to get back on track after the four times, which is a key difference for me this time over previous efforts. I am getting a grip on the exercise balance with the integration of stretching, cardio, and strength training. I am really enjoying the learning, motivational, and community activities that are available on Spark People. I consider the first month a success - far exceeding my prior attempts in this area of my life!
As I continue into my second month, I want to focus on checking my blood sugars and correctly using insulin. I am looking forward to the second half of the Diabetes 8 Week Challenge and beginning the BLC!!!
I must give God kudos for sticking with me and giving me the focus that has been needed to reach my wellness goals! What an awesome and kind God we have! I also wish to thank all of my new spark friends for commenting on my blogs, posting messages on my spark page, and sending me spark goodies! Your support has been tremendous and means so much!
Get An Email Alert Each Time NORMAGAIL2 Posts