Wednesday, September 15, 2010
We all well most of us start off the day running on adrenalin but as the day wears on that energy starts to drain and we start to drag butt instead of hulling ass!
Wanna know how to have continued energy all day long
When to wake up, when to drink coffee, what to eat, time your meals, relieve stress, beat the afternoon slump, get pumped before a workout and unwind before bed...
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
We know that all living beings have the same basic desire to be happy and avoid suffering and discontent, as do I, but in reality very few people really understand the causes for happiness and discontent. Generally, we believe that our basic external needs; food, clothing, a roof over our heads, friends, family, cars, and money are the real causes of happiness, and as a result we devote nearly all our time and energy to acquiring and maintaning these. Superficially it seems that these things can and do make us happy, but we need to be looking more deeply; to the inward to have peace of mind, in turn inner peace.
Because Happiness and discontenment are states of mind, their main causes cannot be found outside the mind. The real source of happiness is inner peace. If our mind is at peace, we should be happy all the time, regardless of external conditions, but if it is disturbed or troubled in any way, we are never truely happy, no matter how good our external conditions may be.
We can rise above any situation that life hands us.
We can live a fulfilling life in the middle of the turmoil.
We can find a sense of peace and purpose.
1. “Un-set" your heart. Un-setting our hearts means letting go of our picture of how we want it all to be. It means letting go of trying to control things over which we have no control. One of the prime causes of our discontent is our wanting things to be different than they are. Yes, we all want world peace instead of a world filled with wars and rumours of wars. Yes, we all want optimal health instead of sickness and life threatening disease. Yes, we all want healthy, happy family instead of those who intentionally and unintentionally break our hearts. And though there are times we get what we want there are times life just isn't going to and doesn't hand us what we want. And when we un-set our hearts from our needing it all to be a certain way; a perfect world, we can breathe a sigh of relief and open the door to a more powerful way of living.
2. Create a "wondering" life instead of a "hoping" life. It helps us un-set our hearts when we replace the words "I hope" with the words "I wonder." As an example. Instead of "I hope that world unrest ends soon," make it "I wonder if the world of unrest will end soon. Instead of "I hope I keep my job," make it "I wonder if I'll keep my job." Notice the relief in this simple shift. Even with difficult situations in our lives, substituting “I wonder” for “I hope” keeps our hopes from being dashed and opens up the possibility of our learning and growing from whatever happens.
3. Choose the path of trust. When we fully understand that we have little control of the external world, we then have two choices: we can choose to see ourselves as the "oh whoa-is me" victim at the mercy of circumstances or we can choose to develop the trust that, no matter what happens in our lives or in the world, we will have the inner strength to create something good from it all. Hopefully we will choose the latter!
4. Increase our inner sense of power.
The other way to help develop trust in ourselves is to cut off negativity from both outside sources and in our minds! There is the old saying There is nothing to fear but fear itself or if we fear it it will come upon us. Who wants that!
By saying to ourselves over and over again, "Whatever happens in my life, I'll handle it!" And of course those of you who are familiar with my favorite affirmation; If it is not immoral, illegal or life threatening...let it go. If everyone were to emblazon this powerful affirmation on their minds..... If we say it often enough, we will ultimately believe in it. And if we really believe that we can handle anything that happens in our life and in the world, what could we possibly have to fear? Nothing!
So when the "what-if's" are driving us insane, do yourself; your emotions and psychological, a favour and "handle it and let it go. Simply cut them off by saying over and over again, "Whatever happens, I'll handle it!" If it is not immoral, illegal or life threatening I WILL let it go. You'll feel a sense of confidence wash over you! "What if I lose my job? I'll handle it." "What if my children have difficult times? I'll handle it. Whatever happens in my life, I'll handle it and let it go!
5. Collect a few "heroes" And what exactly are Heroes..Heroes to me are people who have created the good in this world as a result of staggering experiences in their lives. A few heroes come to mind: Christopher Reeve, who created so much good as a result of his paralyzing accident; Viktor Frankl, who created so much good out of his experience in a concentration camp; Ram Dass, who created so much good as a result of his debilitating stroke; Marc Klaas, who created so much good after the murder of his daughter. As you collect heroes; conquerors, we better understand this important thought, "If they can learn and grow from their experiences, I certainly can learn and grow from mine!" As we collect our heroes; those who you can look up to and admire, our trust will grow and our anxiety about the future will become smaller and smaller.
6. Focus on the learning that can come from any situation in our lives. Yes, we can learn and find strength from anything that happens to us, just as the heroes mentioned above have done. I certainly learned from and found strength as a result of my own experiences with life threatening Ulcerated Colitis at age 31. If we see ALL situations in life as a way of learning and growing, it helps us let go of our need for things to be a certain way.
World unrest............a way of learning
World Peace............a way of learning
Illness.....................a way of learning
Health.....................a way of learning
Poverty...................a way of learning
Financial instability or stability.....a way of learning
Depression.............a way of learning
Joy........................a way of learning
So despite whatever is happening in our lives right now and in the world, we need to simply, constantly remind ourselves "I can learn from this." When we can see the opportunities inherent in all situations, good or bad, it truly helps us embrace all the uncertainty in our lives.
7. Embrace the thought "It's all happening perfectly; flawlessly ."
Everything happens with purpose and reason. It IS on the film of my life. This is another affirmation I use over and over. And it truly helps me let go of my needing things to be a certain way. "NOMORESTALLING, how on earth can things be happening perfectly when there is possibility of war, terrorism, illness, poverty, and violence?" My answer to that is that we cannot know the “Grand Scheme of things,” the great mystery of it all, and as we say "It's all happening perfectly," we begin looking for the good in any situation that life hands us. When we look for the good, we always find it. Yes, so much good can come from so much that is bad. In that, it truly is happening perfectly.
So, when things seem very difficult in our lives or in the world, just keep repeating this reassuring statement until it becomes an automatic part of your mind body and spirit. This always helps me to have trust, not only in myself, but also in the Grand Scheme of things designed by the higher powers that be.
And do not forget the gift that we have been given in this Grand Scheme of things; free will, the freedom to choose. But we must never forget that with freedom of choice comes both responsibility and consequences. And I have found that if in making a choice that would be negative in my life that the powers that be will make me repeat the lesson until I see the light, turn it around; learn the lesson, and make the positve choice. It's on the film!
8. Focus on the blessings. I have also learned from my heroes that, no matter how horrible life may seem on the outside, it is so important to focus on the beauty. As we go about our daily lives, we take so many wonderful things for granted. It's now time to take notice. Strangely, this is hard to do, especially when we have our eyes focused on the negative. It sounds ridiculous, but we actually have to train ourselves to notice all the beauty in our lives. And train ourselves, we must…because focusing on the blessings is an absolute necessity for diffusing our fears about the future.
A suggestion: As you go about your day, stop for a moment and notice when something wonderful happens. Then say to yourself while still in the glory of the moment, "I have had this." This is the acknowledgment that "No matter what happens tomorrow, I have had this today." It is in the noticing of the little things that you truly get the feeling of a life well-lived … that wonderful hot shower, that kiss from a loved one, the fact that your car started, that great dinner you are eating, the warm rays of the sun, a candy bar, a wonderful television show ….
9. Get involved. Positive action has an amazing effect on the psyche. Beleive me! Because as we take action, we begin to feel more powerful and our fear about the future decreases considerably. Something else i've learned. To keep repeating to myself: "My life has meaning and I will do whatever I can to make this, my world, my space in it, a better world."
Then I also asked, and everyone should ask this of themselves: "What am I called to do?" And make a list of what comes to mind, and begin taking action. When we remember that our lives have meaning, it makes it so much easier to push through the fear and live a life that matters. And, this is KEY, ourself-esteem grows and grows. Just as importantly, we will have found the secret of creating a joyous and fulfilling life.
And too, as we make these tools a part of our daily lives, we experience a whole new sense of purpose and empowerment emerging from within, and we WILL look forward to the future with an attitude of great possibility -- for ourselves and our world personaly and as a whole.
This is me through and through! I am forever the true optimist!
Friday, September 10, 2010
One real good conversation-starter question to ask people is "What are your goals?" The answer can tell a great deal about a person.
Nearly every time, there's something in common among those who feel stuck in their current situation, unhappy with one or more aspect of their life, and feeling as though they are going nowhere: they have no goals.
In some cases, it's simply a case of not understanding the power and presence that goals provide (and in these cases, simple instruction is the answer). Goal setting is a breeze once you understand how to do it.
With other folks, they may understand the power of goals, but they simply haven't taken the time or effort to set any (or to update their last batch of goals). It's important to set new goals as soon as you achieve your goals, otherwise you can lose momentum.
Other folks claim to be "going with the flow" (which often means drifting, going nowhere) and waiting for inspiration to strike.
The trouble with that approach is: inspiration typically doesn't appear until you become crystal clear about what you want.
Writers get blocked when they stare at a blank page, waiting for something to come. Writers can easily be inspired by imagining the end result of their writing (whether it's increased sales thanks to effective ad copy, or an emotional reaction elicited by a short story).
A person without a vision is like a ship afloat on the ocean. Sure, it might be a fun ride, you may get to relax a bit, but next thing you know, a couple of months have passed and you're now running out of rations, clean water, sunscreen and sanity.
But a ship with a destination in mind travels with passion AND purpose, and becomes unstoppable. When you have clear, concise goals, the Universe can then deliver exactly the clues you require to follow your course and reach your destination.
Don't wait on inspiration -- because inspiration is waiting on you, right now at this very moment.
Create a vision. Invoke your passion. Ask for a sign. You will get one.
But if you don't select a destination, don't be surprised if you just keep drifting in limbo -- and then you have no right to whine about how "nothing is happening" because that part was ultimately up to you --- and you never chose a destination!
Be brave, be daring, be confident, and have faith. Whatever you ask for, YOU CAN HAVE.
Go for it!
Friday, September 03, 2010
All of us possess our own brand of magnetism. On a very basic level, our bodies have their own energy field, and, just like a magnet, we all attract (or repel) people, situations or things either to or away from us.
This is because our thoughts and emotions are forms of energy as well, and the thoughts and emotions that we "send out" have a great deal to do with how others perceive us and how we interact in the world.
Changing our thoughts and getting clearer about our emotions has a direct affect on our energy. The key here is for us to become aware of the types of thoughts and emotions that we generally have. Are they positive and open to possibilities, or negative and critical (of yourself or others)? A simple point to remember is that we attract what we focus on. Try to check in throughout the day to see how you are feeling.
For example, if you catch yourself having a negative thought such as, "I'll never get healthy and lose this weight," you're sending out a negative, or repelling, energy. But if you can turn it into a more positive statement, like "I am tackling the challenges along my chosen path," you'll be sending out a positive, attracting energy.
So, let's boost our personal magnetism with positive thoughts, and, like the old folk song, "let your little light shine."
Monday, August 30, 2010
I am resolved to take fate by the throat and shake the life out of her.
Having the hunger is one of the most powerful ways to achieve what you want in life. If you listen to people, it seems that it's all about what they want. And although the conversations always take place, I get the feeling from most people that they do not truely have the ultimate desire to really want to change. Does, or does that not sound strange to you. After all, at the top of the list, who wouldn't want to be in the greatest shape of their lives, to be the healthiest they can be, and all the other wants in life?
Let's face it if all these wants in life were really wanted, where is the deep down dig the heels in, drag it out drive, the hunger? When a person really wants something they have a natural energy that drives them to make it happen. They don't need to be reminded or told to do it. They are so driven that they will do whatever it takes to achieve it.
Remember that first "true" love? You couldn't stop thinking about that person twenty-four/seven. You visualized being with them. You put energy and time in getting ready to see them. You had to look just right. Made plans on where and what to do. You didn't have to be reminded to call, or think about them. You were hungry for this persons company and naturally driven to find a way to be with them.
The same has been true for so many other things in our lives. Now, just stop and think about all the different times you really, really wanted something, HAD to have it. Think about the endless supply of energy you had.
Truth? when we are really, truely hungry for an end result we don't let the how stop us. The how is not even a thought, the want is only what we're aware of. What is amazing is that many of the taught methods to achieve are naturally performed in pursuit of hunger. We visualize and have a clear picture in our mind of the result we want. We focus on what we need to do today to get closer to the result. It's like we're wearing blinders. We're oblivious to everything else, we are so tuned in and focused. Best of all, we go into action. We don't allow setbacks to discourage us. We maintain that driven focus on the goal. Most importantly, we accept what it is we have to do and just do it!
You see when you are really hungry, you don't say I will eat tomorrow. You find food today! So how hungry are you for the changes you want? Are you putting off the changes you want till tomorrow? Are you willing to do what you need to? Are you concentrating on the "how?" The how is really not that important. I know that figuring out how might seem like the right approach. What I have always found is to figure out what I really want, and the how reveals itself.
Actually, the how is most often just a delaying tactic because you are not truely hungry, driven. Back to that spark. Did you stop pursuing that desire in the how, or did you start making moves? When you really want something, you get started today, that very minute! You really want to lose weight, eat better today, take a walk and burn some calories today. You really want changes in your life, get hungry for those changes. Get hungry like you HAVE to have it. There's no more waiting or putting it off! Get hungry and you will figure out the how and you will do whatever it takes to create the change you want. No ifs ands or buts about it!
Nobody said it better than Apollo Creed, "See that look in their eyes, Rock? You gotta get that look back, Rock. It is the Eye of the tiger, man." Lets find that Hunger my friends, get that hunger for what it is we want!
Get An Email Alert Each Time NOMORESTALLING Posts