Wednesday, June 18, 2008
So our Challenge today is to list five things we like about ourselves and 3 things we want to accomplish by the end of the year. Well here goes.
Things other people and I like about me:
1. Smile - I don't know exactly why, but ever since I was twelve I have had people comment that my smile brightened their day. Sounds crazy I know, but this Sunday I got that exact same comment and I didn't even realize I was smiling!
2. Compassionate - I try my best to think about things from other people's point of view, to understand what they may be thinking or going through, and listen. I always try to lend a shoulder or hug when needed.
3. Helpful - I love helping people. I am always ready to help if you need me. I just wish more people would ask for help!
4. Loving - I have a great deal of love in my hear and life. I love my husband, my kids and my family so much it hurts and I could never put it into words.
5. Faith - I love that I cry during worship service almost every Sunday. I love that I have a God I can rely on during any and every Storm that crosses my path. I love that I have been saved by the power of Jesus Christ and that he can use me to bring others to Him. Not by my preaching from a roof top, but by having a 'gentle and quiet spirit' that can only come from Him.
Three goals for 2008:
1. To get to the 160's and stay there!
To help this goal, stay on spark all year and not neglect coming to this site, that is when the pounds come back!
2. To make morning quiet times with God a priority!
Start with daily devotional and Prayer list.
3. To develop more meaningful friendships!
Take time to develop friendships with people. Less hi and bye more deep conversations and support. I need this in my life.
Friday, August 17, 2007
This is the title of of song that has spoken to me so loudly lately. It is referring to not missing the glory and power of God in everyday. It says
"In the view from the mountains there’s a story to be told
In the crashing of the ocean there’s a power that no man can ever hold
All the stars in the Heavens decorate your handy work
Like a mighty choir we come to celebrate your worth
Don't let me miss the glory don't let me miss the the praise
all creation is singing to the honor of your name
Don't let me miss the wonder don't let me miss the grand design
in the lightning and the thunder, Lord open up my eyes,
don't let me miss the glory.
In the cry of a baby in the laughter of love
In the dance of the faithful you will see the greatness of our God above
In the prayer of the righteous in the beauty of your grace
In the brand new morning mercy
all your memory of my sin has been erased
Don't let me miss the glory!"
In the busyness of life it can be so easy to run through each day without even stopping to see God and He is there in everything if we just open our eyes, slow down and look. This especially hits home when I think of my kids and how they are growing so fast and I miss so much because of the busyness of life. I pray that God will help me to slow down and see my children each day for what they are, A glorious gift from God!! Everyday they amaze me at all that they do and who they are becoming, Please Lord don't let me miss the glory!!
Thursday, August 02, 2007
I don't know what happened (well I know what, but not why), but I just stopped. My friend convinced me to try another program and it has been all downhill since then. I stopped exercising consistantly, drinking water and eating healthy. Needless to say I have put back on about 10 lbs. and I have got to get back on track. I have to do something about my sweet tooth. Ice cream (especially Jack in the box Oreo Cookie shakes) and just desserts in general have been my downfall. I know that I can so this I just need to find some support and I need to convince my family that they don't need a dessert everynight and Jack in the Box runs will be a very special and infrequent treat. I am going to find a challange to join that doesn't rely on pounds, but other goals that I can control so that I don't let the scale defeat me. I can control the food I eat the exercise I do and the water I drink and that will make the pounds go. Maybe not every week, but they will if I can just be consistant.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I have decided to give up french fries. When I go out to eat I always seem to order something that comes with french fries i.e. club sandwich, chicken sandwich or even sometimes a hamburger. I love these foods very much and know that if I gave them up for salad, like I probably should, I would start feeling resentful and would end up going on some kfind of self pity binge. So I decided that I can at least give up French fries that comes with it and replace it with a healtier option, like veges or fruit, even a lot of fast food paces have other options besides fries. I don't really even like fries, but I never seem to think to replace them with something else. So that is what I am going to do and if they don't have anything to replace the fries in the meal then I will get something else. I know this may sound like a small step, but for me it's not. Laying boundries and finding balance in my life is where I believe the key lies in me keeping the weight off this time. No I don't have to have a salad every time I go out to eat, but I also do not need to eat fries just because a menu says that is what my club sandwich comes with.
Get An Email Alert Each Time NJEANA Posts