Monday, August 06, 2012
Summer is proving to be a very difficult time for me on this journey. Not sure if its all the BBQing or the want to be sitting outside as opposed to working out, but I have not been sticking to any sort of plan.
The only days I have really been working out, are the days I have the trainer. Now why am I spending all of this money on a trainer, if I am not going to follow a nutrition plan, or do any other exercise other than that? What a waste.
I did do both my runs in July, and had a great time in the Warrior Dash. The July 4th run was extremely humid so its no surprise that my time was a minute slower in that run. Ok, on to August.
This month I plan on getting things back in order. I start classes on September 17th so I really need to get my butt in gear now.
Nutrition - Ugg, what to do, what to do! I really need to work on healthier options at home. I want to start cooking more healthy foods on the weekends, so I can have healthy foods during the week after work. I think it comes down to more freggies. If I could stay on top of this, and turn down junk food more often I would be golden.
Exercise - This is easier for me when it gets cold because exercise warms me up. This should get easier for me as we get closer to fall and things start cooling down.
Water - I am good to go!
Personal - I want to organize all my scrapbook materials, and everything I save in case I want to use it in the book. My problem is I don't like to get rid of much so I have pretty much everything my kids have ever done in school. Quite excessive and it all needs to be gone through, organized and stuff tossed out!
Hmm, that sums it up. Nothing really decisive on how to get to where I want to be because I am constantly a work in progress right now. I am just not sure where to start. Am I just doomed for the summer months?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Well, we had an absolute blast running in the Warrior Dash. This was the first time for 3 of us in our group, and our neighbor ran it last year, so he was our veteran. Our group consisted of myself, my husband Steve, Our neighbor Rick and my best friend since 7th grade, Nancy. For those of you who aren't sure what a Warrior Dash is, it is a 3.25 mile run with obstacles along the course.
The night before we started our packing since we had to leave at the crack of dawn (6am technically). We packed some after race refreshments and snacks (PS I didn't eat any of the snacks).
When we got there, we didn't get a photo of all 4 of us together, but we did take some "clean" pics so here is myself with hubby.
When we started the race, we saw one of my friends watching from the sides. I was very excited to see her, and she managed to snap a picture of us on our way.
Spectators aren't allowed on the course, so no action shots, sorry. Here is our picture after the event taken by a sponsor, Bare Naked (they supplied granola snacks to everyone). Notice my shirt is nowhere near the color it started as.
Another dirty shot (if you could see these close you can see just how muddy we are. Mud on our faces, arms are filthy, mud dripping down our legs LOL.
Rick after the race with his hat and metal!
The obstacles were fun, but required quite a bit of arm strength. All in all, we did great. Nancy and I stayed together for the whole course. There were cargo nets, lots of mud, a water obstacle, up and over walls, fire to jump over, junk cars to go over, etc etc. There were 13 on our course.
Then we took a few other pictures, us in front of the big sign
Nancy donating her shoes, we all donated them but I won't bore you with each picture
Nancy and I on top of the shoe mound
This was so much fun, that we already signed up for next year. I think it will be even better now that we all know kind of what to expect. Oh, and our time was good too. For the day, with a time of 46:21, I was 186 out of 1448 women in the 30-39 age group. I am quite happy with that. Just to show you the size of this event, that day there were over 9000 runners all together. This was a 2 day event with around 17,000 runners all together in the 2 days. WOW!
On to next year............................
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Stolen from a Spark friend.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not that I am aware of
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? no idea, its been a long time
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? some days yes, some days no. My handwriting changes by day
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? yes, 2 daughters Alyssa (9) Megan (6)
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Definitely, probably too much
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Anything sugary, hey you asked! Trix maybe
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? - No
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? yes
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Currently Hudsonville Triple Peanut Butter Cup
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? . Eyes
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Sometimes I am not the nicest person
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Grandma
18. ANY TATTOOS? Not yet, planning a tiger though
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Green/grey
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? almonds
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Coworkers talk on the phone
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? - Red
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Lilacs, vanilla, fresh baked cookies
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Daughter, Alyssa
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Beach House
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Gymnastics (generally) Football (out of main ones on all the time)
27. HAIR COLOR? Brownish
28. EYE COLOR? - Hazel
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? - No
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Spagetti
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Grey (horrible movie)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? - Yellow
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Kisses
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Strawberry Shortcake
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? - ST
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Computer, way too much
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Nothing, just finished the 50 Shades of Grey series
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Dont have one
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Good music, nothing else
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither (nobody hate me for that)
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Nope
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? - Michigan
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? - Michigan
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? - Tanish
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? - White
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS? Yes, these are always fun.
Get An Email Alert Each Time NICKI109 Posts