Saturday, May 21, 2011
This is another fun “getting to know me” blog that I borrowed from a wonderful SparkFriend and have to pass along. Please copy and post as your own personal blogs as well if you're so inclined.
1. You are on a deserted island, alone. You can request the musical collections of five artists/groups. Whose music would you request?
** This was extremely difficult to pick:
Prokofiev’s ballet “Romeo and Juliet”, Broadway musical “Sweeney Todd”, operas “La Fanciulla del West,” “Macbeth,” and “Lucia di Lammermoor.”
2. What two books would you request?
** Since I love to read I’d have to pick 2 very big books, “Les Miserables” by Victor Hugo and “Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follett.
3. What figure in history other than Jesus would you choose to spend a day with?
** Abraham Lincoln, one of the greatest men and definitely the best President who ever lived.
4. What did you do the night before you woke up in the morning feeling lucky to still be alive?
** I was camping in Alaska with my husband & brother. We had been flown to the middle of nowhere & weren't being picked up until the next day. This was before cell phones so we were on our own. There was a black bear (a small one) that kept coming into our camp all night. I thought I’d be killed.
5. You are alone when suddenly confronted by a deranged person. Your choices are to kill or be killed. Do you kill?
** No question, I’d kill.
6. NOT DISMISSING YOUR LIFE NOW, BUT IN FANTASY, if you were told right now that had you applied your childhood to being great at an Olympic event, you would have won a gold medal and become a national hero and wealthy, would you be willing to make that sacrifice? What event?
** I would make the sacrifice. Probably tennis.
7. If you could become famous, and possibly wealthy, for doing one thing, what do you hope it would be?
** Bringing peace to the Middle East.
8. What individual foods or meal makes your mouth water the most?
9. Skinny, healthy and miserable, or fat and truly happy for the next 20 years. Which would you choose?
** I’d go for happy even if I had to be fat rather than being miserable.
10. Give, or receive?
** I enjoy giving much more than receiving.
11. Favorite day of the year, and why?
** December 21 because it’s the day my DD was born.
12. If you could only watch one television program for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
** “Lost” because there was so much to it that I’d have lots of time to figure out what everything meant. Also seems appropriate with the deserted island theme.
13. If by snapping your fingers you could eliminate one toxic substance or feeling from the world, what would it be, and why?
** Intolerance. Too many people judge others for their religion, sexual orientation, and beliefs. It would be incredible if we would just live and let live.
14. Are you a front row person, or back row?
** Front row always.
15. You are perfectly healthy and surrounded by loved ones when you are told you will die in exactly 3 hours. How do you spend those 3 hours?
** Listening to music while cuddling with my DD and sharing memories of all the great times we’ve shared.
Please take this quiz and make it your own so that SparkFriends can learn more about you.