Saturday, November 06, 2010
I love this site so much. I love telling people about it and seeing them enjoy the benefits of such great tools and resources available for free online. Chris Downie and Coach Nicole.... I never met you... but I'll just make you honorary BFFs.
Changes that I've made since joining:
- I track my food. I no longer mindlessly stuff my face because I know when I see those awful calorie counts staring back at me, I'm going to have to face the guilt that I put way too much junk into my body.
- I drink more water than I ever have in my entire life. I used to think that I'd never get used to drinking water. It was just so bleh tasting and I could have a high calorie, sugary soda, juice, or iced tea instead. Little did I know that those sugary sodas were not only making me fat, but putting me into a prediabetic state and wrecking havoc on my kidneys.
- I'm more excited about fitness. I love to take walks. This is something I still need to make great strides with, but at least I'm at the starting point. Before, I never wanted to do more than take a car ride to somewhere scenic. Now I ride my bike or go on hikes. ME?! Yes me. I've gotten my lazy butt in gear.... now I just have to take it up a notch.
-I'm more tolerant and positive than I ever have been. I used to fly off the handle and get stressed out at any little thing. If you were disrupting my routine, you were disrupting my life. Now I try to breathe, realize that flexibility is key. Life will throw you curveballs constantly. It's up to you to hit them out of the park! My fiance just recently lost his job. Before I would have been hysterical, now I tell my self to just take it one day at a time.
- I shop at healthier stores. Trader Joes is a godsend. I've switched from whole milk, to skim milk, to now soy milk. I don't need the extra calories.
- I cook with olive oil. It makes everything taste better and it's a good fat.
There are a bunch of other things, but I'm still at the beginning of what I hope to be a fascinating and life changing process.
I love the support system of SP and hope that someday I can be a positive role model and motivator that many of you are for me.