So I broke the promise I made when I restarted this journey on 9/30. I promised to stay off the scale until 10/30 but I snuck on the scale this morning
I am glad that I did because I have that what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks is working. My goal was to lose 5 pounds this month and I lost 4 pounds already!
So this has got me hype for the next two weeks!. Today I thought about new goals for Week 3. Here they are:
1. Drink more water- I still drinking about 4-5 cups of water and want to get to 8 glasses by next week
2. Big batch cooking- time to break out the crockpot and get my inner Iron Chef on. I found a new website- Healthy Hungry Girl and I plan on trying some her recipes next week.
3. Keep brown bagging breakfast & lunch! It saves money but also stops me from eating pizza and burgers everyday!
Tomorrow I plan on cooking- not sure yet but I am super excited about the week ahead
Everybody! My last blog was voted "Most Popular Blog"of the day
I want to thank all 70+ people who gave me support and encouragement on my restart on this journey. Thank you for your compliments to my baby boy as well. It really motivated me this week to push forward.
So to recap this week- I cooked all meals except on Thursday when we ordered pizza but that was still within my calorie range. I replaced 99% of my drinks with water. I walked during my lunch break for at least 30 min.
So my goals for this week ahead are.
1. Cook meals and continue to brown bag my breakfast & lunch
2. Practice portion control- time to break out the measurement cups again!
3. Increase water intake to get to 8 glasses a day
I am staying off the scale until the end of the month but I can say I feel better. I have more energy and I am proud of my progress so far. Again thank you and good luck on your week ahead
Time to get honest and stop making excuses! I am ready to restart my journey to a healthier me. So let's make it happen. My current weight is between 220-215. My son will be 1 in January and this weight will no longer be "baby weight" but just plain old weight. So here are some things I have done to get ready
1. Finally took a long look in the mirror This was hard because for so long I felt disappointed by my regaining my weight, but now I am over it. Time to do something about it. Plus I must say I look pretty good for a 39 year old mother of an 11 year and 8 month old.
2. Buying "good" foods! I will not lie and say there are no processed foods, cookies or such in my house, but they are limited. I am cooking more and trying to stay away from the fast food. It's hard but I am trying and when I do I order from the value menu since the portion sizes are smaller
3. Being forgiving of myself . Before my pregnancy I went from 232 to 180!! I was there and then I gained 40 plus pounds. I had this promise that I would eat healthy and keep exercising but that did not happen. But I have forgiven myself for that and am ready to move on
So today is my first day really dedicated to eating healthy. This is step 1 on my journey. I am tracking my food and making better food choices. This week I plan to just track no matter what the calorie range is so I can get an idea of where I can do better.
This week has been pretty good for me I went back to green smoothies this week for breakfast. This week I added oatmeal to help keep my full and it worked
This week I also tracked ALL my food, walked 2 miles a day with baby, and started a super deep cleaning of my house (you know cleaning all the hidden spaces and getting rid of all the junk we have accumulated). The cleaning is no where near completed but I am breaking a sweat getting it done
The biggest accomplishment is that my baby boy is sleeping 10+ hours at night
I have been using him as my workout partner so that might be why he is sleeping through the night. He really loves squats and arm curls
The scale showed me some much needed motivation this morning as well so I am happy about that. I still have a ways to go but I am glad it is happening for me. Here is my motivation
I am calling out to all my Spark People Friends- I need HELP!!!
I have had a really hard time getting back into the swing of things. I KNOW I am an emotionally eater and I have truly been LOTS of emotional eating
Why I emotional:
1. I am not working and I am really concerned about not finding another job BEFORE my unemployment runs out in September
2. I have little to no summer clothes since all my summer clothes were from last year. This is when I finally got into a size 12 and my post baby body is more like a 16/18
3. Did I mention that my post pregnancy is a 16/18!
The last time I started my weight lost journey I was not working but I also used this time to work out and be active. This time is harder since I have a little one to contend with so working out is a lot harder. I just can't seem to motivate myself to even do 20 minutes while he resting or playing! He is a few weeks shy of 6 months and so I know its time for me to get back into the healthy living/ weight loss journey before its too late
So I am going to try to start out small.
Goals for July
1. TRACK,TRACK & TRACK again- no matter what I eat I need to track my food intake. This helped me lose the 60 pounds before so I know this works
2. Set some time aside to be active- time to dust off my workout DVD and weights. I have cut out some workouts I can do with baby as a weight and I will be doing that during our play time. Maybe it will tire him out too
3. When I feel like doing my emotional eating do SP instead. Get back to the site that has helped me so much.
Today is a new day so I am going to make it count. Any help or words of encouragement is appreciated