So I wish could tell you that after rededicating myself to this journey I never strayed. That I stuck to my calories and started working out. I wish I could tell you that I stepped on the scale it showed all my hard work paid off. BUT that is not what I am going to tell you!
I ate way too many sugary snacks courtesy of my co-workers and my own lack of self control . I stopped tracking my food I even gave to some episodes of emotional eating I have not stepped on the scale either!
YEAH I did all that but guess what that was then and this is NOW
I was working a temp job after being laid off while on maternity leave. Well I just got offered a much more secure job with the government! I am slowly pulling myself out of the debt I accumulated after being laid.
My 11 year old has been battling with some attention deficit issues ( this has been for a number of years) and I have made an appointment to meet with his doctor about this. I think he may have a mild case of ADD. I have started researching alternative treatments and one is changing his diet. So this will help us all get healthy.
So as you can tell there has been lots on the plate but I am trying.
I have taken the battery out of my scale and decided to focus on healthy eating. I don't plan to weigh myself until the New Year.
I am drinking more water and staying away for sugary drinks.
I plan on going back to cooking batch meals, packing my food for work, and getting healthy snacks
So I broke the promise I made when I restarted this journey on 9/30. I promised to stay off the scale until 10/30 but I snuck on the scale this morning
I am glad that I did because I have that what I have been doing for the last 2 weeks is working. My goal was to lose 5 pounds this month and I lost 4 pounds already!
So this has got me hype for the next two weeks!. Today I thought about new goals for Week 3. Here they are:
1. Drink more water- I still drinking about 4-5 cups of water and want to get to 8 glasses by next week
2. Big batch cooking- time to break out the crockpot and get my inner Iron Chef on. I found a new website- Healthy Hungry Girl and I plan on trying some her recipes next week.
3. Keep brown bagging breakfast & lunch! It saves money but also stops me from eating pizza and burgers everyday!
Tomorrow I plan on cooking- not sure yet but I am super excited about the week ahead
Everybody! My last blog was voted "Most Popular Blog"of the day
I want to thank all 70+ people who gave me support and encouragement on my restart on this journey. Thank you for your compliments to my baby boy as well. It really motivated me this week to push forward.
So to recap this week- I cooked all meals except on Thursday when we ordered pizza but that was still within my calorie range. I replaced 99% of my drinks with water. I walked during my lunch break for at least 30 min.
So my goals for this week ahead are.
1. Cook meals and continue to brown bag my breakfast & lunch
2. Practice portion control- time to break out the measurement cups again!
3. Increase water intake to get to 8 glasses a day
I am staying off the scale until the end of the month but I can say I feel better. I have more energy and I am proud of my progress so far. Again thank you and good luck on your week ahead
Time to get honest and stop making excuses! I am ready to restart my journey to a healthier me. So let's make it happen. My current weight is between 220-215. My son will be 1 in January and this weight will no longer be "baby weight" but just plain old weight. So here are some things I have done to get ready
1. Finally took a long look in the mirror This was hard because for so long I felt disappointed by my regaining my weight, but now I am over it. Time to do something about it. Plus I must say I look pretty good for a 39 year old mother of an 11 year and 8 month old.
2. Buying "good" foods! I will not lie and say there are no processed foods, cookies or such in my house, but they are limited. I am cooking more and trying to stay away from the fast food. It's hard but I am trying and when I do I order from the value menu since the portion sizes are smaller
3. Being forgiving of myself . Before my pregnancy I went from 232 to 180!! I was there and then I gained 40 plus pounds. I had this promise that I would eat healthy and keep exercising but that did not happen. But I have forgiven myself for that and am ready to move on
So today is my first day really dedicated to eating healthy. This is step 1 on my journey. I am tracking my food and making better food choices. This week I plan to just track no matter what the calorie range is so I can get an idea of where I can do better.
This week has been pretty good for me I went back to green smoothies this week for breakfast. This week I added oatmeal to help keep my full and it worked
This week I also tracked ALL my food, walked 2 miles a day with baby, and started a super deep cleaning of my house (you know cleaning all the hidden spaces and getting rid of all the junk we have accumulated). The cleaning is no where near completed but I am breaking a sweat getting it done
The biggest accomplishment is that my baby boy is sleeping 10+ hours at night
I have been using him as my workout partner so that might be why he is sleeping through the night. He really loves squats and arm curls
The scale showed me some much needed motivation this morning as well so I am happy about that. I still have a ways to go but I am glad it is happening for me. Here is my motivation