Sunday, April 24, 2011
Today my brother and my BFF came over for brunch. I made mazto brei with crimini mushrooms and scallions for me, DH and brother. My BFF is gluten free so she had a mushroom, scallion and mozzarella omelet. We also had some awesome pepper bacon from Whole Foods. Cooked in the oven so it didn't get grease all over the kitchen. On the side were some organic strawberries and pineapple chunks. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed the meal.
As a bonus, we all watched the cute kittens in the backyard.
Not a very exciting day.
Trying to decide what to have for dinner...not sure what is open.
I hope everybody who was celebrating had a great Easter.
I hope everyone else had a great Sunday.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
We went out for breakfast with a friend of ours this morning. I ordered the Ironman omelet: egg whites, spinach, turkey breast, tomatoes and swiss cheese. It was very good except for the cheese which was not real swiss cheese but the processed kind...yuck!! Luckily it was only on top so I scraped it off. Some very non-greasy hash browns and rye toast completed the meal. I've got another half for Monday morning....no, toast...no point bringing that home. Sorry, I forgot to get a picture.
After dropping off the leftovers at home and sneaking a peek at the 6 (not 5) kittens in the backyard, we headed over to Whole Foods to get the grocery shopping done.
We ended up at a sushi buffet for lunch/dinner. I had some very tasty beef chow fun, asparagus, chicken with cucumber, bok choy , XO rolls (chow fun noodles rolled up and covered with XO sauce and chilis) and fresh pineapple. Again, no picture. Sorry.
Some laundry is in the dryer. I'll have to check to see if it's dry. Maybe see if I can see the kittens again ;-)
Have a great night and a great Sunday (Easter, if you celebrate).
Friday, April 22, 2011
I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. It was very nice having my family snuggled around me. I did get up and even went to work.
It didn't start out very busy at work, but then we had a meeting and that made it busy the rest of the day.
I decided to try walking on the treadmill for a little bit this afternoon. For some reason my back did not particularly like that. Or maybe it was going to feel a little sore anyway no matter what I did since it just does that randomly. I only went a mile and called it a day. No treadmill for the rest of the weekend.
We went out for dinner tonight at El Rancho Steakhouse and I got my favorite, chile verde. Sorry, I forgot to get a picture. It definitely hit the spot.
When we got home, we saw 5 kittens in our backyard. One of the feral cats that we leave food out for, brought her little ones. They are sooooo adorable. I'm smiling just writing this and thinking about them.
A nice way to end the evening, I think.
Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
50 Questions (Everything you either did or did not want to know aboutNatalie)
Feel free to copy and pass on.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My great grandmother, Nettie.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No because it's not very legible
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically, yes. Emotionally, usually.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I'm not an ice cream fan.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
How friendly they are.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am very impatient.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Who is Paul McKenna?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Broccoli, gefilte fish and whole wheat matzo
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Coffee, chocolate, cinnamon
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, just glasses.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Falafel and hummus
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Half Marathon: You Can Do It by Jeff Galloway
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Canoga Park, CA
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
San Jose, CA
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Get An Email Alert Each Time NATPLUMMER Posts