Thursday, December 02, 2010
I borrowed this from someone else (Thank you Simera):
1. What time did you get up this morning? 2: 40 a.m.
2. How do you like your steak? medium
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Star Trek
4. What is your favorite TV show? CSI
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Right where I am in San Jose, CA
6. What did you have for breakfast? Ezekial English muffin with PB
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Indian and Mexican...to hard to choose
8. What foods do you dislike? Shrimp (actually any shell fish), avocado
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Don't really have one
10. Favorite dressing? Balsamic viniagrette
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Toyota Echo
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans and shirt
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? I try to look at it as full. Some days are better than others.
15. Where would you want to retire? I don't know.
16. Favorite time of day? Early morning
17. Where were you born? CA
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Basketball
19. How many siblings? Three- two older sisters and one younger brother
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Baking and reading
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Everyone
22. Bird watcher? No
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning Person
24. Do you have any pets? 1 cat
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Nope
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Surgeon
27. What is your best childhood memory? Going to see Lady and the Tramp with my father.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I like both
29. Are you married? Yes
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes
31. Been in a car accident? Yes
32. Any pet peeves? Drivers talking on their cell phones
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Cheese, mushroom, black olives, bell peppers, jalapenos
34. Favorite Flower? Snapdragons
35. Favorite ice cream? None, I don't really like ice cream
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Jack in the Box (chicken fajita pita)
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
38. From whom did you get your last email? My BFF
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? King Arthur Flour
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Can't think of anything
41. Like your job? Yes, usually
42. Broccoli? Yes
43. What was your favorite vacation? Honeymoon in London and Wales
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Husband
45. What are you listening to right now? The dialysis machines in the next room
46. What is your favorite color? Purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? None
48. How many people will fill this out? I have absolutely no idea
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 11:09 am
50. Coffee Drinker? Definitely...drinking some right now!
I finished w2d2 of B210K....feeling good!
Kind of a slow day at work as you may be able to tell. I have to hang around for a meeting with somebody and then I have to go over to Stanford to drop off some samples at the Mass Spec Facility.
I'm glad it's Thursday. It seems like it's been kind of a long week. Maybe because I had such a short one last week.
I have to decide what to have for dinner. My husband will be going out with some of the model club guys (like he usually does on Thursdays) so it's just me. Hmmm... I haven't even had lunch yet so I guess I really shouldn't be thinking about dinner yet.
Have a great day everybody!!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
I got up and started week two of B210K. I ran over 4.3 miles!!! Wow! My knees have been a little sore today, though. Probably not helped by the dozen times I went up and down the stairs between our two labs today and we have a two story house. I'm sure they'll be happy tomorrow.
It was a busy day at work. Meetings, data to go over, more meetings. I was happy to come home.
I baked some Fiber One Apple Cinnamon muffins for my husband to bring for breakfasts. From a box, not scratch.
Everybody who tasted the cookies I baked yesterday, really like them. You can really go wrong with chocolate chip especially if you put in pecans and walnuts and use espresso chocolate chips. I assume they're good. I only had the dough I ate yesterday.
We're having salmon burgers and sweet potato waffle fries for dinner. After all, you need to have something fried for Chanukah. It's the first night tonight. My husband should be getting home soon so we can light the candles.
I have resisted any sweets today and I will not have any after dinner, either. It is written, so it will be done.
Have a great night everybody. It's Tuesday...we're nearly halfway through the week.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Malika woke me up at 3am because she was hungry. I went downstairs and gave her a little food. Happily I was able to fall back asleep for another couple of hours. I think this is the latest I've slept in a couple of weeks.
For some reason, I was very hungry this morning so instead of exercising right away I ended up having my oatmeal first. Then I had to wait a while before I could do my workout.
I guess I've changed my yoga day to Sundays. I tried out Shiva Rea Daily Yoga this time the Heart & Air practice. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time following her and the moves in this one were very difficult. Definitely not for the beginner (me). I don't know if I'm going to attempt any more of the practices on that disc. She doesn't describe the poses well at all. You have to already know them. After that I did Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown workout 1. Much better. Easy to follow and I even had a little sweat going which was pretty good 'cos it was pretty cold in the house.
We headed over to the International Gourmet Buffet for lunch. Mostly because I was craving lots of vegetables and they have a good selection. I did go back for a second plate but both times my plate was at least 1/2 steamed vegetables...yummy. I also had garlic string beans, tasty persian rice, boiled pinto beans, koobideh, and chicken kabob. A fairly healthy group of stuff.
I avoided the mashed potatoes, bacon, eggs, french toast, pasta, creamed spinach, creamed corn, etc. No desserts for me. They don't usually have things I like at the buffets. I think because I do so much baking, I prefer my own stuff.
After lunch we walked over to PetSmart to see if they had some dry food that my picky kitty would eat. We finally got some by nature brand food. It has liver in it so I thought she might approve. She love the Friskies that we feed the stray cats but I'd prefer she didn't have so much corn meal. We shall see.
We also went to the Auto Zone and got new wiper blades for both of our cars. As the rainy season is beginning it's a good idea to replace them.
I just folded some laundry and have another load in the washer.
Okay, maybe not so lazy but mellower than the rest of the weekend.
Have a good Sunday all!
Get An Email Alert Each Time NATPLUMMER Posts