Friday, February 04, 2011
Between the abundance of snow, abundance of drama in my life and abundance of options about healthy diets. I think I have reached a saturation point like the roofs here in Connecticut. Can my brain be full??? But I will not collapse.
There's nothing I can do about the snow and another storm is coming tomorrow. Eventually the weather pattern will change.... I just have to hang in there and hope that Hubby doesn't fall again. Though I hear we are slipping into a more icy pattern.Yikes.
Drama... Hoppy's surgery is over, but his pain is not. Being 21 and ordered to bed rest is frustrating for him.
Now for the healthy options...
* Dr. Oz 11 week thingy
* Oprah's one week vegan
* Through Whole Foods - Eat Right America 28 day program
I hate to pass up freebies... but I will learn nothing if I am too scattered and not focused.
I have ...
* Weight and Body Measurements.
* Wellness Measurements- energy level, stress level, sleep quality
* Fitness Measures - make progress toward improved muscular strength and aerobic fitness
* Health Measures - keep track of blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol
The above measures do help me to see trends and patterns related to my exercise and food choices.
Just like we (I mean Hubby) roof raked our house to reduce the stress load, I need to roof rake my brain. Break it down to basics. Simplify! What are my NEEDS!? Use the KISS (Keep It Simple, Silly) method to meet those needs.
I will focus on my exercise and my menu.