Tuesday, February 15, 2011
With SparkPeople and Dr. Beck's guidance changes have fallen into place.
Here's what I noticed last night.
1. Assess serving size and portion it out.
Just because it is in front of me, and delicious, does not mean I have to consume it all in one sitting. (Hubby ate all his and was very uncomfortable.)
2. If you are not hungry, you do not have to eat. (it can be boxed for later)
3. Put the fork down when you have had enough.
4. Food was not the primary focus, my dinner companion was. Before it was all about the food, eating out is a rarity so food WAS the focus. Now food is not on the pedestal anymore.
5. Look for healthy choices. If you look you will find them.
6. Really taste your food. Is what you expected?
7. Having an app, drink and dessert is not required. I usually choose only one or none. Last night a dessert was shared... but we did not finish it.
During dinner I noticed all these changes and how different it was from from focusing just on the eating. I am not a Conehead in restaurants anymore.
What may have helped is that I wasn't ravenous when we went to that wonderful restaurant.