Tuesday, February 12, 2013
So, here I am. I've not entered an entry in almost a year and it's usually around this time of year that my inability to get myself "to steppin" kicks in. If I believed in reincarnation I know I was a hibernating animal in my former life. I don't like to get out of bed in the dark and finally when I do and go to work, I want to come home and put on my pj's and under the covers. Wish I could be under the covers till the sun is brightly shining outside. So to keep myself motivated I am doing the following:
1. Signed up for a Strength Training class. It forces me to go since I've paid for it
2. Engaged my sisters to a 3-day Juice Detox. I needed the company
3. Joined a 30 day Raw challenge. I need a good challenge
This keeps me going. Inching away till I see glimpses of Spring. Being accountable to someone else and having "company" when trying out stuff will keep me from crawling back under the covers till the snow melts.
Monday, April 16, 2012
I've been picture-documenting my journey on Raw Foods and after being asked several times to share my feelings about it, here it is:
I began a detox of raw foods and for 10 days all I had was fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Today 36 days later, I am still eating fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. I've learned a few lessons:
1. Raw foods can actually be exciting. I have not felt bored yet
2. Raw foods have cleansed my palate. I taste the flavors that would usually go undetected otherwise such as the sweetness in a yellow bell pepper, or the the sweetness in a sprouted lentil (gently steamed) it is actually delicious
3. I have great energy to do the things I like to do such as exercise.
4. I find I have endurance and I wake up more focused
5. I can get up at 5 am every day and not feel like I'm dragging the rest of the day
6. I can focus on my morning devotions without morning cobwebs in my head
7. I am learning more about nutrients in foods and how to optimize the foods I do consume.
While wondering if I would be considered High Raw or Raw foodist or any such label, I came across a blog which captured just nicely how I felt. So what am I? I am a person who strives to eat foods as healthily as I possible can. I enjoy raw foods and although I am not vegan I haven't touched any dairy products in the time I've been eating raw and I don't necessarily miss it. I'm not a raw foodist, I'm not vegan, I'm not even a vegetarian, I just like to take care of my body and eating healthy is just part of it.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I was very excited to get home and see that my new workout dvd had arrived. I'd ordered one that Coach Nicole (sp) had mentioned in one of her blogs Amy Dixon's "Breathless Body" which is based on the Tabata style interval training.
I chose the beginner option not knowing what to expect. 50 minutes later I was drenched in perspiration, my thighs were trembling. I quickly realized why you should rest at least a day between exercises, this morning I am sore, good sore mind you, but sore nonetheless. Do I recommend it? Absolutely. She has two other women on the set and each one does a different level of intensity. What I liked was that out of 8 drills (exercises) I could choose to do beginner level or intermediate level based on how I felt. Thanks Coach Nicole for the piece of advice. I can't wait to do Tabata again.
Monday, March 19, 2012
I started on a journey I never thought I'd try. I'm on my 8th day of being a "rawterian". I am eating all raw foods (except the quinoa). Some things I am learning about myself:
• I can actually be filled with all fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
• I can continue to be as active as I was before
• Drinking a beet,celery,kale,spinach,pineapple,apple smoothie won't kill me. It's actually pretty good.
• My biggest discovery........I've lost the taste for my beloved cup of coffee, or maybe I should say, creamer. You know, Hazelnut, Caramel Macchiato, Peppermint mocha ooooooh the pain. LOL. I discovered it by chance. I didn't set out to quit coffee. I don't drink it for the caffeine, but for the creamer experience, socially and just all around comforting ambiance it
creates for me. My husband has brought me 3 cups in the past week and the
first one, I took a couple of sips, and had to truly force the rest down. I
didn't do anything different, same Caramel Macchiato. The second one I
didn't finish it. The third one, I am sitting here still trying to finish it. It
wasn't like I had to make a choice, the taste for it just went away. I asked
my husband if he could bring me tea, to which he immediately said he would
but that left me thinking....what about my creamers?
Is this how I will feel from now on?
No coffee? hmmmm, well still exploring my options, but for now,
"Coffee, you Are the weakest link....goodbye" (with english accent ).
Monday, January 30, 2012
So many attempts, so many goals, so many times reaching the top, to then fall again. I will not stop trying, I will keep getting up, I will fail today, but tomorrow, I will get up and try again.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MYRNA929 Posts