Sunday, March 25, 2012
So last week I wrote about feeling like I might be losing focus, and I hate to say that this weekend, I had the same problem. Well, actually, it got a little worse. I stayed well within my calorie range during the week but once Saturday came around, all bets were off. I was visiting my family this weekend and it was tough to keep track of my calories since I didn't actually cook my own meals (my mom had made ALL my favorite foods and it was hard to stick to small portions...). Excuses, excuses, I know. I should have tried harder. I did track my meals though but I ended up eating 2,500+ calories both yesterday and today :( I feel really bad and sick to my stomach.
I know I need to stay focused on my goals every single day and not just on the weekdays. It'll slow my progress way down if I keep eating like this on the weekends - and it'll only make me miserable. I know I can make healthier choices and make smart substitutions, but lately I just seem to "give up" once the weekend rolls around. AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO!
I know I shouldn't beat myself up about this too much, and I won't. Tomorrow is a new day and it's a whole new week, and every day is an opportunity to take one step closer to my goal of being healthy! Tomorrow I'm just going to eat right and stick to my workout plan and I'll be fine. I'll get back up and keep on moving.
THIS WEEK, my goals are:
1) Eat between 1200-1500 calories a day
2) Work out for at least 30 minutes a day (walking, biking, swimming)
3) Do at least 10 mins of strength training 3 times this week (I haven't been doing it at all until now, so this is what I really want to focus on this week)
4) Update my blog every day and be completely honest with myself about how I felt that day, what I ate, how many calories I burned and if there were any setbacks - it'll keep me accountable
I really want to keep doing well and keep up the great work. This is the time when I normally start to slip into my old unhealthy behaviors but I'm so determined to not let that happen this time.
Any suggestions or insights? Are any of you guys struggling with weekends or losing momentum?
Tomorrow will be a better day. Now I'm just going to take a shower and put this weekend behind me. I'm so over it!
Monday, March 19, 2012
I just wanted to share this with you guys before calling it a night (it's 11.30 pm here in Finland and I'm so ready for bed). I did such a good job today :) I've been feeling a little sluggish lately and staying at the high end of my calorie range for a week or so, but I'm very happy to say that today I made healthy choices and ended up consuming 1,250 calories and going for a brisk 50-minute walk!
My calorie differential for today was -921 calories and I couldn't be happier. I do feel a little hungry as I'm typing this so it's probably a good idea for me to eat a little more especially on days when I'm being more active. Anyway, I feel like my week is off to a strong start and I'm looking forward to making the most of every day this week :)
I hope you're all having a great Monday so far!!!
That's me today, feeling healthy and beautiful!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
I'm so tired right now. I just got home a while ago after a hectic 12-hour school day. It's only 10.30 pm and I'm so ready for bed. I just wanted to post here really quickly before I do :)
So far, this week...
- I've been staying at the high end of my calorie range and I'm not thrilled about that. I want to eat around 1,400 - 1,500 calories for the rest of the week. At least I've been tracking which is always good :) And I'm doing okay. I just want to eat a little less. I'll cut back on fats and sugar and eat more fruit and veggies instead and I'll be fine.
- I've been walking a lot and I'm doing well with my goal of burning at least 1,500 calories this week by exercising.
- I realize I need to stay extra focused now. This is usually the time when I start losing momentum / interest, especially if setbacks happen. I NEED TO KEEP MY GOALS ON TOP OF MY MIND and stay focused.
I'm doing fine. I'm making healthier choices and being consistent, especially when it comes to tracking. Now I just want to make sure I don't get too comfortable!!! Change takes focus, preparation, planning, patience and momentum. I want to have all of these qualities as I keep moving towards my goals step by step.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MYLOVELYCURVES Posts