Monday, May 13, 2013
TOP TEN COMPLAINTS FROM BIBLICAL MOTHERS OR WIVES
By Grant MacDonald
10. Eve to Adam: "You never take me anywhere different to eat!"
9. Sarah to Abraham: "Maybe if you stopped treating me like your sister, we could start a family!" (Gen 12:19)
8. Elizabeth to John the Baptist: "I cook you a nice meal and all you want is locust, locust, locust!"
7. Pharaoh's Daughter to Moses: "Stop parting the bath water, Moses, and wash behind those ears!"
6. David's mom to Jesse, her husband: "Do you really think it was a good idea to get David that sling? He's going to put someone's eye out with that thing!"
5. Manoah's wife to her son Samson: "Can't you clean the sink after you shampoo? I'm sick of all these long hairs!"
4. Elizabeth to Mary: "I love talking to you, Mary, really I do, but can you speak a little softer? This kid just won't stop doing the rhumba in my tummy!" (Luke 1:44)
3. Mary to Joseph: "I TOLD you to make reservations!"
2. Herodias to her daughter: "I told Herod that if he didn't do something about this John nut, I would make sure the problem came to a head!"
And the number one complaint made by a biblical mother or wife is:
1. Pilate's wife to Pilate after the resurrection: "You never listen to me, do you?" How do you feel now "Mr. Wash-Your-Hands-In-Public"?! (Mat 27:19)
Monday, January 21, 2013
We were challenged by our Shamrock leaders to do a fitness test and record the results.
Crunches: 10 (these make me dizzy)
Jumping Jacks: 40
Planks: 90 seconds
Pushups: 30 (down from my knees)
Wall Sit: 80 seconds
Pretty much, my goals for BLC21 are the same as for BLC 19 and 20. The goals are good. I just need to follow them.
MY GOALS FOR BLC 21
Lose 9.5 pounds, which will put me out of 140ville and into MoM.
Plan: Post goals in kitchen and FOLLOW THEM.
Track all food eaten May not come to Chat Thread if I haven't done this.
Work on problem areas: Eating while standing up. All food will be consumed in seated position (i.e. NOT EATEN standing in front of the refrigerator.) POOR choices when eating out, i.e., fried and high fat content foods.
Eat on a regular basis, including breakfast. Eat more than 60 grams of protein a day.
Before eating, drink a glass of water. Then ask yourself are you hungry? If YES, choose wisely. If answer is NO, drink another glass of water and refocus and GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.
Encourage other teammates and SparkFriends in their journey to health and wholeness.
Exercise at least 60 minutes 6 times a week. Participate in BLC21 Exercise Streak. Participate in team challenges. Train for Marathon Relay on April 6th.
Maintain 1000 monthly fitness minutes
After supper, may only eat one serving of healthy snack.
Rewards: 1) buy a Kasper outfit
Long Range Goal: Live in 130ville and become a mentor to those with a lifelong struggle over weight.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
All my adult life my weight has been a yo-yo. I don't have to explain it, most of you also have/had this problem. For the first time in my adult life, the weight I have gained is staying off. Why is it different this time? There are many reasons, the biggest one being that I have called "a spade a spade" and stopped lying (still have occasional slips) to myself. Who am I kidding when I tell myself that I can eat one a handful of chips or 2 cookies?
Other reasons have been the support I have received from my Spark friends. Thank you so much!!!! It is amazing how you feel so uplifted and encouraged by people you have never met and probably never will meet.
This is my 3rd round on BLC. Go Sassy ShamROCK Sheriffs. It's good to have the accountability of a team. I have lost about 10 pounds during the 3 rounds. Not a whooping amount of weight, but then I no longer have as large amount of weight to lose.
Finally CICO has been a big eye opener for me. It has been good for me to track that daily. That was something I never knew existed until about a month ago.
We were challenged to explore the SparkPeople website. Have you ever checked out the Health Conditions>Health A-Z? If you want to look up any health problems, it is a great place to check out first. It's source it the Harvard Health Publications, Harvard Medical School. It laid out in a very eary to understand format.
Here's to our continual move towards getting and staying healthy. I LOVE Body Combat On Saturday, I am doing my first half. My goal is simply to get R done. This will be me: sometimes and sometimes
PS: I went shopping today at 2 second hand stores for smaller clothes. I got 1 work uniform top and bottom, 1 pr. pants, 2 vests, 2 shells, 2 skirts, 1 turtleneck, and 2 blouses for about $30. Most of them look like they have never been worn. Woo Hoo
Get An Email Alert Each Time MYHUBBYISMYHERO Posts