Thursday, September 04, 2014
Well, it's been an interesting week!
Yesterday was Jacob's first trip to the orthodontist. The poor child has inherited his mother's teeth and jaw! He has an underbite and not enough room for all of his teeth. So to make a long story short, he first has to have his lower canines pulled and then he will have braces put on the top to help push his front teeth forward. Right now, because of his bite his upper front teeth are pushing his lower front teeth out and it is thinning his gums! Yikes! So, the goal is to at least get the top teeth in front and hope that putting the pressure on the front of the bottom teeth will correct the underbite. He wants to wait for him to grow a little bit more before messing with his jaws. So, in the next few months he'll have some work done. At least I know what to expect having been through all of this myself!
Really that's the big news for the week. I've been fighting a migraine that never quite took hold. I was able to use some of my essential oils to keep it at bay. I did have to finally break down and take some ibuprofen last night, but it seems to be quiet today. Of course, the boys will be home early (another freaking hot day - hopefully the last!). I also need to tackle the cleaning and laundry. I've been running around the past few days and I've gotten behind.
Well, back to work. Have a great day!
Monday, September 01, 2014
Wow, August seemed to fly by! Overall my goals went well. Food was up and down, but exercise was steady. I finished round 1 of PiYo and started round 2 (which is Strength) last week. The scale didn't move, but half an inch disappeared on my chest, waist and hips. I'll take it! Now, if that scale would just get moving again.....
So, my September goals:
1. Nutrition: keep focusing on cutting out junk. Some stuff has crept back in and need to just stop!
2. Fitness: continue with round 2 of PiYo and add other workouts so that I get close to an hour in each day (except for that rest day on Sunday).
3. Personal: cleaning! I need to get back into my cleaning schedule. I am still gung-ho on Mondays and always clean my kitchen, but the rest of the house, not so much. Now that the boys are back in school it should be a lot easier to get things done.
Here's to a great September!
Friday, August 15, 2014
This was my afternoon on Wednesday! Entertaining my two sweet nieces. Brinley is asleep in my arms and Kinsley was awake in her car seat. Everyone else was in the kitchen eating (I had already eaten), so I had the wonderful pleasure of loving on my nieces! Love them!
So, anyway, August is going okay so far. Nutrition has been up and down, but the "bad" stuff has been for special occasions. Fitness is going great. Today was day 45 of PiYo. The scale isn't moving, but I'm feeling stronger. The boys go back to school next Thursday, so I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. I do better with routines. Here's to a great rest of the month!
Friday, July 25, 2014
A lot has happened over the past few weeks. We've been busy with the fair, day camps, works, appointments and so on. I just haven't had the urge to blog!
The biggest news is the arrival of my newest niece on the 21st! Brinley Alexis arrived via c-section and is absolutely adorable! Another niece to spoil. Yay!
Last night, the Praise team played at the Farmer's Market and it was amazing. We played through our set that we are going to use for the Iowa State Fair (we play August 7th at 2:30 at the Susan Knapp Amphitheater if you happen to be there that day ), and I'm debating switching the order. I probably won't though. So many of the songs have a lot of piano stuff and my arms were just worn out last night! We are definitely ready though!
As for my goals:
1. Nutrition: this area has been up and down. I'll have good days and bad days (which the bad days were usually because something extra was going on) and then some days where I'll start out great, but the snack monster will get a hold of me. The scale really hasn't budged, so I'll take that as a good sign.
2. Fitness: I am loving PiYo! My wrists are still getting used to the work, but I think that they are getting stronger! I haven't noticed a lot of changes yet, but if I could get my nutrition under control...
3. Yeah, cleaning. My house was clean for the 19th, but I haven't had a chance to do much since last weekend. A few loads of laundry here and there and of course washing the dishes and making the bed. We've been on the go all week and I've barely been home to do anything!
So, all in all, July has been a pretty good month.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MUSICMOMOF2 Posts