Sunday, October 12, 2014
Well, the first part of October is going well. I've been fighting a cold this week, but I've managed to get ahead of it and it hasn't been too bad. Just tired.
It was a busy, busy week. Monday was Jacob's orthodontist appointment for getting his braces on (he loves them - how crazy is that?). Tuesday morning the Praise team played at the LCMC Convention bright and early. That was the day the cold hit me. The rest of the week was the usual work and housework. The boys had Friday off from school (teacher in-service), so Mike took it off and they went out and about.
Yesterday I went to my sister's to watch my nieces while she headed in to the dance studio. She has an adult modern dance class scheduled, but has yet to have anyone come, but she knows there are some interested, so she feels that she needs to be there. So I had a few hours with the girls. Fun!
This week should be calmer. Normal workouts, normal work time.
As for my goals - nutrition is going well. I resisted buying more M&M's so that is helping! Fitness is great. Loving PiYo. I'm almost through the second round. I'll have a few days of random workouts and then I'm going to follow one of Jessica Smith's 14-Day challenges (uses her DVD). Not sure what I'll do after that. I wish that they had a hybrid schedule for PiYo and TurboFire on Team Beachbody. That would be awesome! I've been keeping up with the Bible Study and Prayer challenge too.
Here's hoping the rest of the month keeps going great!
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I blogged. I guess that it's been a crazy month!
So, my goal recap:
1. Nutrition: was really back and forth on this one. I would have good days and then bad days. I can say that I had more good than bad, but I need to get the snacking under control!
2. Fitness: PiYo is a little tougher this round with the two Strength Slide workouts. I've been trying to push myself out of the comfort zone and trying the non-modified moves. Still have a ways to go! I also added some Jessica Smith workouts to help up my cardio minutes.
3. Personal: did get back into my cleaning routine. Still needs some work though.
The scale didn't move majorly this month - just the typical up and down - aka maintaining. If I could just get it to move down....
So, my October goals:
1. Nutrition: Portion control (yes again) and snack control. Plan, plan, plan!!
2. Fitness: continuing with PiYo - push myself harder. i know that I can do it! I'll add extra cardio too on the shorter workout days.
3. Personal: I'm doing one Bible study (Proverbs 31) and am also following a Prayer challenge for another site (MOB Society - that would be Mothers of Boys). So, my goal for October is to really focus on my prayer life.
I've got a lot coming up in the next week - Chiropractor on Thursday, Mammogram on Friday, Jacob gets his braces next Monday and Praise team is playing at the LCMC Convention on Tuesday. That means three trips to Des Moines in 5 days!
Here's to a great October!!
Thursday, September 04, 2014
Well, it's been an interesting week!
Yesterday was Jacob's first trip to the orthodontist. The poor child has inherited his mother's teeth and jaw! He has an underbite and not enough room for all of his teeth. So to make a long story short, he first has to have his lower canines pulled and then he will have braces put on the top to help push his front teeth forward. Right now, because of his bite his upper front teeth are pushing his lower front teeth out and it is thinning his gums! Yikes! So, the goal is to at least get the top teeth in front and hope that putting the pressure on the front of the bottom teeth will correct the underbite. He wants to wait for him to grow a little bit more before messing with his jaws. So, in the next few months he'll have some work done. At least I know what to expect having been through all of this myself!
Really that's the big news for the week. I've been fighting a migraine that never quite took hold. I was able to use some of my essential oils to keep it at bay. I did have to finally break down and take some ibuprofen last night, but it seems to be quiet today. Of course, the boys will be home early (another freaking hot day - hopefully the last!). I also need to tackle the cleaning and laundry. I've been running around the past few days and I've gotten behind.
Well, back to work. Have a great day!
Monday, September 01, 2014
Wow, August seemed to fly by! Overall my goals went well. Food was up and down, but exercise was steady. I finished round 1 of PiYo and started round 2 (which is Strength) last week. The scale didn't move, but half an inch disappeared on my chest, waist and hips. I'll take it! Now, if that scale would just get moving again.....
So, my September goals:
1. Nutrition: keep focusing on cutting out junk. Some stuff has crept back in and need to just stop!
2. Fitness: continue with round 2 of PiYo and add other workouts so that I get close to an hour in each day (except for that rest day on Sunday).
3. Personal: cleaning! I need to get back into my cleaning schedule. I am still gung-ho on Mondays and always clean my kitchen, but the rest of the house, not so much. Now that the boys are back in school it should be a lot easier to get things done.
Here's to a great September!
Friday, August 15, 2014
This was my afternoon on Wednesday! Entertaining my two sweet nieces. Brinley is asleep in my arms and Kinsley was awake in her car seat. Everyone else was in the kitchen eating (I had already eaten), so I had the wonderful pleasure of loving on my nieces! Love them!
So, anyway, August is going okay so far. Nutrition has been up and down, but the "bad" stuff has been for special occasions. Fitness is going great. Today was day 45 of PiYo. The scale isn't moving, but I'm feeling stronger. The boys go back to school next Thursday, so I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. I do better with routines. Here's to a great rest of the month!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MUSICMOMOF2 Posts