Have stayed within my calorie range all week and have not felt (too) hungry
Have fit yoga into my schedule most every day for at least a few minutes
Have gotten exercise every day of some kind, One day I kayaked for 4.5 hours
Woo Hoo .. I have lost 5 # !!
Looking forward to a busy day of working in the yard and having friends over for pot luck supper tonight and Mexican Train. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend also.
1. Since early May I have had more stress at work 1) I have done more mindless eating
2. I have spent more time at work 2) I have spent less time exercising
3. I have neglected my yoga practice 3) I have gotten more stiff and sore
4. I have been away from "Sparking" since June 4) I have been gaining weight
5. I am 14 pounds heavier than I was a year ago 5) I have my "muffin top" back
6) I am still my WW goal I set years ago 6)I can still wear some of my skinny
but am 21.6 # heavier than my lowest clothes but not all
7) I know I did feel better/healthier at my lower wgt 7)It will take work to get back there but
I can do it ......
1) I can stop using food to relieve stress 1) I will eat more mindfully
2) I can plan exercise into my day + record it 2)Exercise will help reduce stress
3) I can plan time for yoga 5 times a week 3) I will feel less stiff and more flexible
4) I can get back to Sparking 4) I will plan my meals and snacks 5x/wk
5) I can loose those 14 # I gained this year 5)At my house,the only "muffin tops"
will be on the blueberry muffins
6) I went 22 pounds under my WW goal once 6) I can do it again.. It is just going to
require effort and determination
I did several things today to celebrate the earth and show gratitude for all it provides to us .
1) I am doing my washing and hanging the clothes out to dry. It is a beautiful sunny day with a great wind for drying the clothes.
2) I rode my bike to church and left early do I could ride a "round about " way .. I made a big loop and pedaled 21 miles total.
My church is pretty informal so I was ok taking a change of shirts and remained in my leggings and bike shorts.
3) On my way home there was a crew cleaning up part of route 152 I wish I had counted the number of bags of trash that were beside the road from their efforts. I did stop to take one picture of some of their efforts .... unfortunately I was not able to post this picture..
a little while later I came upon a large plastic bag so I stopped to do my own trash pickup.. over 40 aluminum cans, 10 plastic bottles , 10 glass beer bottles and so much fast food trash and cigarette packages and cigarette butts the bag nearly burst. Also a very large piece of cardboard - I balanced it all on my bike and walked the mile home .
This morning I had a wonderful visit from my daughter. She had to get up early ( 3 am ugh!!)to drive hubby and friends to the airport for a trip so she stopped by my house and climbed into a bed to catch a quick nap before we went out to do about an hour of snow shoeing before I had to leave for church.
It was snowing gently in the woods and when we reached the lake - the wind was blowing but we were dressed for the weather. It was so nice to walk along ,talk and "catch up"before she headed back home to take care of her dogs.
I had refreshments to do at church but it was cancelled due the storm so I had some extra time to "spark" this morning and have finished planning all my meals planned for the week. At the beginning of the year ,I set the goal of planning my menus and making a grocery list - and I am pleased with the results - I think I am spending less at the grocery store and having less wasted food. I am trying to use things I have in my freezer and in the pantry.
I am also trying to try a new recipe a couple of times a month- this week I am going to try a curried cauliflower and spinach recipe.
I plan to spend some time "decluttering" my basement and may get back outside later on to cross country ski and shovel depending on how much snow is dropped. Later tonight we are going over to friends to play games.
For the past four weeks I have been doing the "Jumpstart January" challenge and have stuck to the exercise videos, cardio at least 6 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes a session and have been in my calorie range 6 out of seven days for the last three weeks.
I was disappointed when I got on the scale this morning to find my weight has not budged but I am determined NOT to be discouraged by this.
I am delighted for many reasons:
I have kept to the program
I MAINTAINED my current weight
I have been eating nutritious foods and have stayed in my calorie range most all days
I have gotten back into a routine of strength training, and plan to keep it up.
I did 40 push ups this morning when 4 weeks ago I could hardly do 4 !!
I have been planning out my week of menus, writing a grocery list AND stick to the list at the grocery store. It takes a lot of time in the planning BUT saves money at the grocery store and time during the week in meal preparation.
I put my scale away since I plan to weigh in only once a month this year. It is just a number and there are so many other ways to measure success.