Wednesday, May 12, 2010
So I just left my 3 month Oncology follow up. Great appointment as always...except...
Scales show 220 lbs., Triglycerides at 330 ( I think), and well, there where other things that were not so good, but these 2 things I need to do, I want to do what I can! She wants me to see the Nutritionist at the Cancer Center, & I'll make an appt. as soon as I can (but with my school schedule it's a bit hard. So until I can get to her & actually even afterwards...
I could use your help! So Spark Friends can you help me?
I'm told that the Chemotherapy that I had pushed me into a body that's aged beyond what my birthdate shows. I have been premenopasal & my hormones are still currently OFF. So I CAN'T eat like I used to and have the same results. And honestly, I don't really know what to eat!
PLUS I have a LOW THYROID due to the radiation I had. So ...
WELL, I JUST NEED SO HELP! SOME SUGGESTIONS! SOME EXTRA GUIDIANCE with EATING & EXERCISE!!!
So Spark Friends can you help me? encourage me? support me? anything positive?
Because I've got to get my Trigylc. # and my weight # DOWN!!!!!!!
Friday, April 02, 2010
So I decided to this this challenge on another site & They asked to weigh yourself or do measurements. I decided to do both. And today I thought to check my measurements. AND OH MY GOODNESS, I LOST INCHES!!!!!!! Which means a lot when my weight goes back and forth & I havn't seen anything under 200 in sooooo long!
Well, being soooo happy, I thought I'd share with my SP Friends! So here it is!
~Beginning March Stats:
5'5", 217 lbs, Arms: 15", Thorax: 34", Bust: 48", Tummy: 43.5", Hips: 48", Thighs: 28"
~March 31st Update: 208.8 lbs (-9) 45.9% body fat & 39.2% body water
~April 2 - Good Friday:
207.2 lbs, Arms: 14", Thorax: 35", Bust: 43", Tummy: 40", Hips: 46", Thighs: 27"
Well, this was enough to encourage me to do more working out! Next week I start a new schedule my thoughts are togo to the gym before I come home! So we'll see it that helps me to get to the gym more than 1x a week (which has been all that I've been able to do). So As I enter my 3rd month at the gym, I think I can upgrade it a bit!
Well, Good Friday to you all and Take Care!!!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Came across this great article.
Which numbers do you/have you done? Which would you like to do? Or what's your experience with or opinion of these tips for yourself?
"Health: Perfect Health Tips"
Posted by: Muhammad Faisal Jawaid Attari on: October 20, 2009, Urdu Magazine
1. Drink eight glasses of water a day.
2. Include two vegetables and one fruit in every meal.
3. Begin each meal with a raw vegetable salad.
4. Make a light snack of assorted sprouts.
5. Start the day with a glass of warm water and a dash of lime..
6. Use only fresh vegetables.
7. Once a week have only fresh fruits until noon, make lunch the first meal of the day.
8. Eat only freshly cooked meals, not refrigerated leftovers.
9. Include one green vegetable and one yellow vegetable in every meal.
10. Go on a juice fast for a day. Start with vegetable juice, and sip fruit for lunch and dinner.
11. Kick the old coffee habit. Have a glass of fresh fruit juice instead.
12. Cut out all deep-fried foods from your diet.
13. Cut down on high sugar products like soft drinks, ice-cream, candy and cookies in your diet
14. Never skip a meal, even if you’re on a diet. Eat a fresh fruit or have vegetable juice instead.
15. Avoid beverages like soda, coffee, colas and so on.
16. Include high fiber foods and plenty of fruits, vegetables and grains â€“ in planning your diet.
17. Use salt in moderation
18. Wash vegetables thoroughly in clean water before chopping.
19. Stream or boil vegetables (rather than fry or saute).
20. Retain peels of potato, cucumber, carrot and tomato while cooking.
21. Do take a moment off to mentally list out the nutritional value of the food you’re about to eat.
22. Don’t rush through your meals. Set aside enough time to appreciate, enjoy and digest your food.
23. Make every meal an enjoyable experience. Set dishes out attractively and chew slowly to appreciate the full flavor of the foods you eat.
24. Choose to be radiantly healthy. Keep yourself informed about the nutritive value of every food you buy.
25. Shop for groceries yourself. Notice the look, feel and smell of fresh fruit and vegetables and enjoy their intrinsic goodness.
26. Watch out for eating habits paired with emotional states, like reaching for a chocolate when youâ€™re depressed. Resist the urge and eat fruit instead.
27. Eat popcorn (rather than chips) while watching a movie.
28. Sit at the table at meal times. Don’t read the paper or review bills while eating.
29. Make it a point to have dinner with the entire family at the table, and not in front of the TV.
30. Eat just to the point of the fullness. Don’t stuff yourself!
31. Stop smoking.
32. Restrict alcohol consumption.
33. Get a good night’s sleep, every night.
34. Enroll today in an exercise programme.
35. Take a brisk, 20 minute invigorating walk each morning.
36. Spend 10 minutes every morning and evening doing basic stretches.
37. Do not use elevators when you can climb the stairs.
38. Enroll in a TM programme today.
39. Focus on your breathing. Take a deep breath, then exhale slowly. Repeat a couple of times a day.
40. Learn to relax. Spend 20 minutes consciously relaxing each muscle of your body.
41. Spend 20 minutes a day in silent meditation, prayer or contemplation.
42. Learn the healing power of laughter. Watch a crazy movie, recall a joke or read a funny book and laugh out loud.
43. Tap the powers of your sub-conscious. Relax your body for 20 minutes and project the Perfect You’re on your mind screen.
44. Balance your lifestyle. Devote equal time each week to work and fun.
45. Join kids in a sports activity and rediscover the joys of childhood.
46. Do keep in touch with friends. Call up or visit them and be at peace with the world.
47. Enroll in an activity (like dancing, swimming or roller skating…) you never indulged in because you were afraid of what people might say.
48. Forgive someone who you think has done you wrong and cleanse your spirit of rancor.
49. Do a nice turn to someone you don’t know too well, but who could do with a friend.
50. Spend a quiet half-hour chatting with your family
51. Listen to soothing music for 15 minutes at least each day.
52. Read a great book once a week.
Hope you enjoyed and were perhalps even inspired!!!
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
I Have That HEAL*THY HOPE, JOY & VICTORY! Thank You GOD!!!
"I have healthy hope!
Hope that I will have great health, Hope that I am healthy!
Hope that my life will reflect what God has planned for me,
Hope that I am a reflection of God!
Hope that the sorrows of my past, are stepping stones for true success!
Hope that I will not be afraid to live, Hope that I am living in God's light and love!" ~RYC
I'm ready to change my front page. This was what I had on my page to start the year off & may you recieve blessings from Christ Jesus, have a blessed 2010 Year!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MSPROVERBS31 Posts