Monday, February 09, 2009
I few times this past week I've expressed to a friend or two, how hard this weight loss journey has been for me. It's not so easy, and sometimes I think about how doable it'd be if I didn't have so many medical complications right now. But, I'm sure everyone has some sort of hardship or obstacle while on this journey.
Well, inspite of it all I'm still excited about how things will turn out. I don't know how long it will take, but I do plan on getting to a healthier and thinner me.
Oh, and for some reason lately I'm looking at some women and saying how I don't want to be "THAT THIN"! But then what if I do get down pretty far... well I can't really see it, but still... would I not like that look on me???
Well, I'm far from that point right now, so I'll think on something else.
Everyone, enjoy your journey. Even when it gets a bit harder than you'd like!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Here Are Some Fun Goals That I Have for 2009, I'll Keep Adding Throughout the year as they come to me! So you are more than welcomed to add this as a blog that you like and check back from time to time. There might be one listed that you would like to reach too! Or one that may get you thinking of one that you want to set for yourself! Anywho, whenever setting some of your healthy goals, have fun with them. It might make reaching them all the more, well, FUN!
MY FUN GOALS:
1) FIT INTO MY CALF-HIGH BOOTS AGAIN (I have 3 pair- black leather, & brown and caramel suede)!
* the zipper just won't go up all the way :o) Once it hits my calves, that's it!
2) WALK, maybe even Run (WOW) in the local Fall 2009 TEAM IN TRAINING, as a Cancer survivor!
3) FIND & WEAR MY CUTE BRAZILIAN JEANS (w/ the hand-painted design on one side) & wear them WELL!
* the last time they wouldn't go past my knees! hahaha maybe that's why I can't find them!
4)MINIMIZE THE CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET & DRAWERS!
* I have way too many clothes! Some fit, some don't & some I don't even like (I'm sure). So I would like to put some on consignment, donate & sale others. I want to ultimately be able to put it all in the storage that I have & not have so much spilling over onto the side of the bed, the floor of the closet, and other places...
5) TO BE ABLE TO FIT INTO A BRA SIZE @ VICTORIA SECRETS (or any department store for that matter)!
* I measure around a 32- 34 chest, with my cup @ I's, J's & K's (who knew they went that high). And because my number is so small, it's hard to find my size in the stores. Most people with a high letter usually have a higher number...but not me. It's like I gain weight mostly in my breasts... Oh well!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
YAY to me! Today on the last day of the year, December 31, 2008, I recieved my Spark reward of a throphy cup for having at least 10,000 Spark points! What a way to end 2008 and begin 2009!
I'm so looking forward to continued blessings, even in the seemingly tough times!
No matter what may come my way, I know that God is all around and that I will accomplish His will for my life. So I might as well enjoy it! I'll see as it comes, what the year will bring.
All the best for my SparkFriends! May you also accomplish God's Will for your lives with joy & thanksgiving, giving Him all the glory in our healthier and more fit scuccesses!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Down to 11 days before the New Year, what change can I really make?
Here's where I'm starting. Let's see, I've gained several pounds, on the 17th I was 215, another breaking record. And now just 3 days later I'm at 210. This is without trying to lose. Trust me on that one, because I've been eating so many bite sized chocolate snacks and cinnamon rolls. And I now have a double chi, never saw that one coming! And my one "it sort of fits" bra, is getting too small in the cup area. Boy oh boy!
Well okay so I figure that since my weight fluctuates due to my meds, that I should really try to be a help instead of giving in and being a hindrance. Even though it's hard sometimes, I should try to focus on very small consistent steps (meaning whatever I can do that healthy I should do)! I know that I'm not blaming my meds or my medical conditions, and instead I am starting to realistically look at the impact that each has on my weight gain, fatigue & other symptoms.
So okay what am I excited about? Doing SP's Official New You Challenge in January!!! It will be a fun way to start the year off! I tried to get a friend of mine to join me...but she's not into the internet thing. So hopefully some of my team members or SP friends will be doing it & we can support one another!
One of the teams that I'm on has a lose 5 pounds by the 1st. Even though it started on the 1st, I signed on on the 17th (when I found out) for motivation. The funny thing is that I've gained & lost that much within those three days. So I'm not too sure what I should measure for that one. Who know with that record maybe I'll be at my 200 start off the year goal! Either way, it's still fun to be a part of the team!
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their holiday season.
Merry Blessed Christmas to all who celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MSPROVERBS31 Posts