Friday, September 03, 2010
I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of my awesome SP friends who have been supportive throughout this very rocky journey! I've been MIA for a while and wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate your continuous support even when I was gone. It's been emotionally challenging, not to mention physically, but I'm hanging in there! I know there are a few things that I really need to tackle before I can move forward in a positive direction and get this weight off for good. Maybe that's an excuse but it needs to be done regardless. I just can't believe how supportive and amazing people are that you would consider to be perfect strangers! I plan to get back into the groove of things and getting back at it because "this" just isn't working LOL! I know I deserve to be healthy and happy! Again, thank you my beautiful friends!
Thursday, June 03, 2010
I've seen this picture online before and then noticed it as DHALYIA's main pic on her SP page! I found it again and wanted to post it because at this moment this is how I'm feeling...trapped! I've glanced at this pic but didn't really ever think about it and how it makes me feel. This picture stirs up quite a bit of emotion for me.
Monday, May 31, 2010
I came across this awesome poem at the right time and wanted to share it...
Reaching Your Dream Takes Courage
Courage is admitting that you're afraid and facing that fear directly. It's being strong enough to ask for help and humble enough to accept it.
Courage is standing up for what you believe in without worrying about the opinions of others. It's following your own heart, living your own life, and settling for nothing less than the best for yourself.
Courage is daring to take a first step, a big leap, or a different path. It's attempting to do something that no one has done before and all others thought impossible.
Courage is keeping heart in the face of disappointment and looking at defeat not as an end but as a new beginning. It's believing that things will ultimately get better even as they get worse.
Courage is being responsible for your own actions and admitting your own mistakes without placing blame on others. It's relying not on others for your success, but on your own skills and efforts.
Courage is refusing to quit even when you're intimidated by impossibility. It's choosing a goal, sticking with it, and finding solutions to the problems.
Courage is thinking big, aiming high, and shooting far. It's taking a dream and doing anything, risking everything, and stopping at nothing to it make it a reality.
~ Caroline Kent ~
Saturday, May 08, 2010
1.Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Open...my closet doesn't have doors
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? No, I bring my own
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? There tucked in but I sleep on top of my bed with a blanket lol
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? I love post-its!
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? Sometimes
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Ummm..no thank you!
8. Do you have freckles? Yes, some...
9. Do you always smile for pictures? No, definitely not. I always did when I was much smaller.
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Ignorance...
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Pretty sure I have
13. What about pooped in the woods? Pretty sure it was a porta potty....gross!
14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? Yep, there's usually music in my head!
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? I used to when I was younger
16. How many people have you slept with this week? Next question
17. What size is your bed? Double
18. What is your Song of the week? OMG...Usher
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Pink is not pimpin!
20. Do you still watch cartoons? Not really
21. What's your least favorite movie? Pretty much any musical...It's true, I've NEVER truly seen Grease....just parts and don't plan on watching it.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? You'd love to know right?
23. What do you drink with dinner? Water or milk
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? BBQ sauce
25. What is your favorite food? That's a toss up between Mexican and Italian...oh wait, and Chinese! A big girl can't just choose ONE! ;)
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Too many to name!
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? Kima
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Nope, I was in Blue Birds
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Negative!
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? I can't remember
31. Can you change the oil on a car? That's what Oil Can Henry's is for
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? I've had a few
33. Ran out of gas? No
34. Favorite kind of sandwich? Tuna
35 Best thing to eat for breakfast? I LOVE pancakes like nobody's business!
36. What is your usual bedtime? Usually between 11p and 2a
37. Are you lazy? Yeah, sometimes I am!
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? A clown
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? I believe I'm a snake
40. How many languages can you speak? Just English
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? 3
42..Which are better legos or lincoln logs? Legos!
43. Are you stubborn? I sure can be
44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman? Letterman
45. Ever watch soap operas? No
46. Afraid of heights? No
47. Sing in the car? Sometimes
48. Dance in the shower? Not usually
49. Dance in the car? Sometimes with a friend
50. Ever used a gun? No, not yet!
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? Senior pictures! Long time ago!
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Pretty much
53. Is Christmas stressful? NO, I love it!
54. Ever eat a pierogi? What is that???
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Cherry
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Nurse
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Yes!
59. Take a vitamin daily? Never do
60. Wear slippers? No
61. Wear a bath robe? No
62. What do you wear to bed? Usually tshirt and undies...just depends who I'm with LOL
63. First concert? Too many artists to name! It was called Summer Jam thrown by Jammin 95.5 in Portland
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Tar-J
65. Nike or Adidas? I'm a Nike whore lol
66.Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Peanuts
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? Nope
69. Ever take dance lessons? No
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? I'll let ya know when I find that one for me!
71. Can you curl your tongue? You mean like a taco? Yep!
72. Ever won a spelling bee? Never been in one
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Not yet!
74. Own any record albums? No
75. Own a record player? No
76. Regularly burn incense? Not anymore
77. Ever been in love? No...sad to say...
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Alicia Keys
79. What was the last concert you saw? Boo Jam....another Jammin 95.5 concert in Portland...Rhianna, Snoop and many more!
80.Hot tea or cold tea? Both
81.Tea or coffee? Coffee....blended Hazelnut freeze...YUM!
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles? I love both!
83.Can you swim well? I can't swim...scared to death of water!
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes
85. Are you patient? Depends on the situation
86. DJ or band, at a wedding? IDK?
87.Ever won a contest? Yep
88. Ever have plastic surgery? No
89. Which are better black or green olives? Black
90. Can you knit or crochet? Neither! I've tried both and don't have the patience
91. Best room for a fireplace? Living room
92. Do you want to get married? Yes, someday
93. If married, how long have you been married?
94. Who was your HS crush? His name was Omar...he didn't go to my HS though
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No, I'm not a child
96. Do you have kids? No
97. Do you want kids? I would love to have kids someday
98. Whats your favorite color? Blue
99. Do you miss anyone right now? Yes, everyday!
100. Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX? Nope
Get An Email Alert Each Time MSNIKE Posts