Thursday, January 23, 2014
Well, I suppose many of you have begun to assume that I have just disappeared into think air, but no I am still around. I answer my Sparkmail. I need to get back to blogging though.
So here goes.
I have decided that I am going to get my weight down this year. I am going to make it real. I am going to make it happen. If you saw some of my blogs from last summer I did an intense amount of Zumba and swimming and lost some weight, a couple pant sizes and thankfully only gained 5 pounds back (last weigh in last week).
I have made some positive changes towards my spark goal, including:
1) started attending a weight loss small group at a local non-denominational Christain Church. This group is going to be following the Daniel plan, the new book by Pastor Rick Warren the mega-pastor of the mega-Saddleback Church and best selling author of my mother's favorite book The Purpose Driven Life. I'm not sure exactly what this entails yet, I'm buying the book tomorrow, but I believe it focuses on eating whole foods, exercise and all that sensible healthy stuff that I so desperately need. First meeting was last Sunday and we watched a video about Food. and it covered America's dependence on prescription pills and junk food and our national aversion to vitamin supplimenets and how good food can heal your body. All good stuff. It's a 12 week think and I'm in for the 12.
2) Started walking with my best-friend-from-Maine, Gail. Gail from Maine and I used to walk 4.2 miles daily around our hometown of Ashland Maine. We were notorious for these walks and our bottoms got significantly thinner as a result. We miss this because I now live in Georgia! Well thanks to modern technology we have decided to walk together every night at 8PM. We use our cell phones and earphone/mics and I walk around the one mile loop I live on (sometimes with my Chihuahua ) and she is (for now) using her treadmill in her living room because its really snowy, icy and cold in Northern Maine right now. We gossip while we walk and it's like we're together, but we are not. It's awesome. So far this week we've done it twice, Monday night (3 miles) and Wednesday night (3 miles).
3) Eating much less. I am trying to cut back / cut out Diet Soda (my secret addiction) as well as cutting out the red meat and port. I am sticking to chicken and fish , for now and trying to eat much more Raw Foods (this was recommended at my Food Group meeting at the church.) I'm also drinking more water but not as much as I need to!!!
These are the things that I want to do more of:
1) a ton more water, like 265 oz a day or so. 2 liters when I get up in the morning. Before coffee.
2) more exercise preferably dance ( I want a dancer's body so I got to dance.)
3) more gym time (going to take my son to the one we belong to and also going to join a second one to go to with my friend.
So that's what's going on with me; exercise-wise. There are some new exciting personal developments as well which I will be chronicling as well. I promise to show my face on the vLog because I need to set those teams on FIRE!
TALK TO ME PEOPLE.