Sunday, June 21, 2009
TIPS: Working in Working Out
-- by James Andrews
This is not meant to be another one of those quick fixes you read while in line at the grocery store, but proven methods to increase your likelihood of exercising. In a society that is becoming more and more aware the necessity of exercise, why is it that only 23% of the
population meets the recommended exercise standard of 30 minutes each day.
If you are unable to spend an hour in the gym, that is okay, however you still need to spend 30 minutes daily performing moderate physical activity that involves moving your whole body.
Following the tips below will assist you in reaching that target. Some of these you have possibly heard before, however they are all good.
1. Have a plan. Work smart and hard, not long. If you plan what you are going to do before you start you will limit your idle time.
2. Set short and long term goals. A short term goal can be, I will exercise three time this week or do 50 pushups today. A long term goal can be, I will lose 15 pounds this summer or lower my blood pressure. These goals are like carrots on a stick, they can keep you going when the going gets tough.
3. Eat. The body needs fuel to perform. Food is fuel. However do not overdo it.
4. Find activities that you enjoy. Exercise does not have to be grinding and unpleasant. i.e. playing basketball, kickboxing, fencing, walking in the parkÖ
5. Schedule your workouts and stick to them. Be Consistent. Just like a business meeting or a date, if you write it down, and think of it as a mandatory encounter at a specific time you are more likely to get it done. Do not get in to the I will do it later habit, you would not say the same to your boss.
6. Stay away from the ďAll or Nothing SyndromeĒ. Just because you were not able to totally fulfill your plan, by not completing or even beginning your exercise routing for the day, this does not mean that you should give up entirely. Tomorrow is a day away and the sun will come out. It is a new opportunity to pick up where you left off. If you are injured and or have another nagging situation that totally forbids you from exercising for a period, upon healing or cessation of the pertinent drama, recommence. Life is full of interruptions, but you have got to keep on moving.
7. Find your inspiration. It might be that your wife, boyfriend or whatever is looking better these days, and you want to keep up, it could be that vacation that you are going on and you want the pictures of it to be tight, it might be that you generally want to be healthier. Whatever the source, tap into all of your inspirations to get you going on those days it is difficult to get through.
8. This is an opportunity for you to shop.. or have someone shop for you. Always have the necessary attire, sneakers, your choice of top and bottom. Sometimes spontaneous opportunities to exercise may arise. Do not let your inadequate wardrobe prevent you from working out.
9. Be accountable to your goals. Hire a trainer or find a friend who has similar physical interests and is responsible. Individuals who exercise with someone are 5 times more likely to continue exercise than individuals who workout alone.
10. Try working out at different times of the day. and see at what time your energy level is highest and at which time you are more able to commit to. Some like to exercise first thing in the morning, others like late nights. Do what is best for you. Remember to first consult a doctor prior to starting any exercise program. Good luck and tighten up.
It's a new week. Let's all start it with a positive attitude and mindset. We can do this...one day, one workout and one meal at a time. Let's motivate and support each other. You all have my support. Spread the Spark and Make it Happen Spark People!
Have a great week!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Donít Look Back
As you travel through life, there are always those times
When decisions just have to be made;
When the choices are hard and solutions seem scarce,
And the rain seems to soak your parade.
There are some situations where all you can do
Is to simply let go and move on,
Gather courage together and choose a direction
That carries you toward a new dawn.
So pack up your troubles and take a step forward-
The process of change can be tough,
But think about all the excitement ahead,
If you can be stalwart enough.
There could be adventures you never imagined
Just waiting around the next bend -
And wishes and dreams just about to come true
In ways you canít yet comprehend.
Perhaps youíll find friendships that spring from new interests
As you challenge your status quo,
And you learn there are so many options in life
And so many ways you can grow.
Perhaps youíll go places you never expected
And see things youíve never seen -
Or travel to fabulous far-away worlds
And wonderful spots in between.
Perhaps youíll find warmth and affection and caring -
A ďsomebody specialĒ whoís there
To help you stay centered and listen with interest
To stories and feelings you share.
Perhaps youíll find comfort in knowing your friends
Are supportive of all that you do -
And believe that whatever decisions you make,
Theyíll be the right choices for you.
So keep putting one foot in front of the other,
And taking your life day by day.
Thereís a brighter tomorrow thatís just down the road,
Donít look back, youíre not going that way.
- Author Unknown -
Sunday, June 14, 2009
People who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those
who try to do nothing and succeed. Experiencing failure is inevitable on your journey to be successful. Every defeat is merely an installment to victory.
Youíll find that the number of times you succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times you fail and keep trying. You wonít be judged by the number of times you fail, but by the number of times you succeed.
Failure is nothing but education, nothing but the first step to something better.
You canít be a winner and be afraid to lose
Donít be afraid of what life has to offer you. When you believe that life is worth living, your belief will help create the fact. The barrier between you and success
is not something that exists in the real world. Itís simply composed of doubts about your ability. Your only limits to your realization of tomorrow will be your doubts of today.
Success is a state of mind. If you want to be successful, start thinking of yourself as being successful.
What you believe yourself to be, you are.
You canít be beaten at anything, until you quit in your own mind.
There is no failure except in your not trying. There is no defeat except from within. You have no really insurmountable barrier except your own inherent weakness of purpose. The odds are with you if you keep on trying.
Consider yourself on a very long journey. Sustain your personal vision of success until you achieve it. In the end, you can only fail if you donít try.
Winning isnít everything, but wanting to is. Success is a road thatís paved with perseverance.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MSMAKEOVER Posts