Thursday, September 04, 2014
It is finally September and I feel a little off balance lately. I feel like I am falling behind in my exercise mostly and slipping a little too often on my eating. But above all I have two very major goals I want to work on in September...
1. Is sleep. I seemed to have strayed from my sleeping schedule and that has resulted in dragging every single day. So starting earlier this week I enforced a strict 9:30 p.m. bed time for myself. I am doing better, sometimes I accidentally stray till 10 p.m. but that is better than the midnight I was doing for awhile. This morning I was even able to get up at 6 a.m. and do my morning yoga, something that I hadn't been able to do in awhile.
2. Swim. I am heading on vacation in 6 weeks and one of the activities I really want to do is snorkel. But snorkeling requires being able to swim for 1-2 hours and lots of endurance. So I want to get in the pool at least 3-4 days a week to swim. That means changing my gym time around a bit since the pool can be full right after work. I am working on how to do that but I am thinking going home, changing, quick snack, go to gym, lift some weights, hop into pool and have a smoothie for dinner during the week.
Just two simple goals this month. I need simple right now.
September is also PCOS awareness month!! So cyster's let's spread that awareness. I have already written a blog post on my actual blog where I write about PCOS, weight loss and life in general (Finding a Skinnier Me, you can find the link in my about me area). I wrote all about PCOS and my struggles with it daily.
So do you have any goals for September??
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My middle name is the same as my grandma on my mom's side, but my first name was a name my mom loved!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last night, I cry when I am frustrated and I was frustrated
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I am writing fast, nope, but when I take my time, yes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Salami or Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Do furry one's count? I have 3 dogs and 1 cat. I don't have any human kids though
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I actually would. I am awkward at first but I am also funny and goofy and laugh a lot, plus I tend to keep my friends for a long time and I am loyal, if I care for you I will bend over backwards for you as long as you don't burn me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
All the time, I swear it is the only way my husband and I know how to talk to each other some-days
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Afraid of heights so I am going to so hell no on that one
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don't eat cereal anymore but it used to be Honey Nut Cheerios
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Most days no lol, I just kind of step out of them
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes I do. I have been through a lot and worked really hard to get to where I am, it made me a very strong and independent person
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Hands and Eyes
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be really negative and I over worry. Thank gosh my husband is my opposite and doesn't over worry because he balances me out most days.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss my Uncle that died and a few of my cousins that live too far away from me
18. ANY TATTOOS?
Two. Lotus on my wrist and the Japanese symbol for strength on my ankle. I have another one in the works but I need to find the right artist to draw it up for me
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
I am currently drinking a protein smoothie blended with coffee but the last thing I ate was the protein pancake I made for desert last night
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My coworker talking about her cat on her phone. Tempting to put my headphones in.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The rain on a hot pavement, fresh cut grass, a cold fall morning and pumpkin spice.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Oh gosh, I never talk on the phone since I quit smoking, let's see, my husband probably.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football and Baseball.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
Blueish most days, but they change color, green, grey, bright blue and dark blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I do not but I do wear glasses most days while working on the computer or driving or on the days where my eyes feel like they need them
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Seafood. I love shrimp and lobster.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Both depending on my mood.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Stuck in Love
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue with a black over jacket
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Strength all the way, hate cardio
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
A Room Full of Bones by Elly Griffiths, 4th book in the Ruth Galloway series
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Nothing, just blue
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Children laughing and good music
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles, my dad listened to them every Sunday
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Canada and Boston when I was younger. Since I have been adult, it will be Mexico in a couple of months but Oregon as of now.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am organized and efficient, does that count. I can knit. I can sing.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Fort Bragg, CA
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
White with red shutters.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Took a little longer than I would like on my 15 min break from work!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Well my clean eating and low carb eating are working.. already I have a 3 pound loss and it isn't even the end of the week yet. Super excited and motivated to keep going!!!
I am averaging around 45-50 grams of carbs a day, which is great and feels so much better. Already my acne has cleared up, my PCOS symptoms have eased up and my stomach aches have disappeared completely. I don't find it too hard to eat the same thing each day but I did get a nasty craving for chocolate chip pancakes last night that I almost gave in to but I am really glad I didn't. I have only been doing a lot of walking this week because A. it has been beautiful outside and B. I didn't want to push myself too hard while adjusting to low carb again. But I find that I am enjoying walking and yoga at home and foam rolling at night.
Now if only I could get these allergies to go away!!!
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
I have been doing things a little differently lately and making changes. Recently I went on an 3 month emotional eating binge and I needed to stop. I was feeling sick and my PCOS symptoms were out of control and I was losing my grip on healthy fast.
So the new changes are...
1. I put myself on an eating schedule.. Odd I know but because I emotional eat I don't know when I am hungry. So it is easier for me if I designate certain snacks for certain times of the day. That way I am not starving my body or overeating. Eventually I will learn to read the signs of when I am hungry and eat but for now this has been working. I adjusted it a little bit after the first couple days when I realized my protein drink in the morning was enough and I didn't need to have two hard boiled eggs till about mid morning (10-10:30). Now instead of having hard boiled eggs with my protein drink/coffee, I have my protein drink/coffee with a big cup of water. Much better. My eating schedule looks like this:
8-9 am: Protein drink blended with unsweetened coffee (was my compromise to sweetened coffee in the morning) and a big glass of room temp water.
10-10:30 am: Two hard boiled eggs and a big glass of ice water.
12:10 pm: Lunch, this week I have been eating spinach salads with a few cherry tomatoes, some cheddar cheese and some little ham cubes. A pluot and a string cheese. Water.
3-3:30 pm: String cheese and celery with peanut butter. This changes, sometimes it is black olives and some days it is carrots. Water.
6-6:30 pm: Sometimes I squeeze a snack in here, depending on how I feel, it can be a piece of cheddar cheese or a little bit of peanut butter or a handful of olives. Water.
6:30-7:30 pm: Dinner. A protein with vegetables with vegetarian nights once or twice a week. Water.
Right Before Bed: Water.
2. I put myself back on low carb. I am trying to stay below 100 grams of carbohydrates a day and would actually like to stay around 50 grams if I can. So far I am doing great. I have certain snacks and meals I am eating that are really helping me stick to low carbs. I track everything as well to see where I am at each day and so far I am around 37-45 grams a day. I have even limited my fruit down to one serving a day. I have nothing against fruit and I know it is a different kind of sugar but when I restrict my fruit I have noticed that I see better results and I feel better. I won't completely give up fruit because it is so good for me, but limiting down to one piece a day isn't too bad.
3. I am doing HIIT. High Intensity Interval Training. There is a lot of research supporting this form of working out and I find that it keeps my workouts interesting. I do walking with bursts of running. I do the elliptical with the resistance changing. Then I do my normal strength training routine afterwards.
4. I have added in more yoga again. Which always makes my body and mind very happy. I have started foam rolling and stretching each day. Which has helped me sleep better and helps with the soreness the next day.
5. I have been making a huge effort to drink a 16 oz of water every 2 hours. It is hard some days. I get irritated fast with it but I know how important it is to stay hydrated. Also if I am hydrated and drinking water, I will not be filling up on junk food or overeating. So every 2 hours I try to finish my 16 oz glass of water.
All of these little changes have made already a huge difference this week. It is only Wednesday and my stomach is feeling better, my PCOS symptoms are easing up and I am sleeping better. Plus I lost 2 pounds already. All good things!!
Get An Email Alert Each Time MRSYATES84 Posts