If you've been following my blogs, you are aware that I was super excited about attending the Lupus Walk For A Cure today in Ocean City, NJ. I wasn't sure I was going to attend because they predicted thunderstorms. And boy were they right! Lightening was flashing at about 9am, just as we began arriving.
This is the 3rd Lupus Walk here in the Tri-state area of NJ-Philly-Delaware. The first walk had 75 participants. This walk had over 500!
The rain was steady but not bad. At 10 am we started walking. At about 10:10AM, the sky opened up and everyone got soaked from head to toe!
I was so proud of my purple t-shirt. I pinned a black butterfly with silver designed throughout and I wrote the words "Team Schenck" in silver pen. But all my hard work was covered with the sweatshirt I had to wear because it was freezing! Hey Mel... this is for you!
After the 4K walk was complete (yay! I got my exercise in today) we met at home base for nutritious snacks of fruit and water. However, we were at the boardwalk so I had to get a funnel cake. (oops)
My goal this month was to bring awareness to someone who before reading my blogs was unaware of Lupus. I believe that goal was met. And remember...
1) Went to work early and got my job out of the way first thing in the morning. All this extra energy has me moving faster. I'm not dragging through my day.
2) Went to the YMCA and walked 1/2 mile instead of 1 mile, but that's okay.
3) Did the elliptical for 35 minutes and burned 315 calories.
4) Did a full body workout on the strength training machines, abs included. I did 3 sets of all exercises instead of 2 sets. Wow, I feel strong!
5) Baked a loaf of banana bread. It smells and tastes delicious! It's so moist. I only had one serving and I'm satisfied with that. In the past, I could easily polish off half a loaf smothered in butter hot out of the oven. YUM....