Tuesday, July 22, 2014
So I am on the crest of the manic wave. I've upped the geodon to 100, and switched cymbalta to am, instead of PM. but I am still slightly manic... it's the nice productive side of mania.. I woke up early, and did the dishes. Now I's sparking before the on slot of the day. And what A day it will be... I am driving in the recent fire zone, to check on my friend, and bring her bottled water, and to see my kiddos for developmental assessments. It will be a long day, full of 6 hours of travel, and 6 hours of seeing kids. I have a plan for food that lines up with the fibro guru plan.
His plan; breakfast, protein and unlimited veggies, or a protein fruit veggie shake ( that's my plan) I'm loving mango, spinach orange juice combo.
His plan for lunch: protein and unlimited veggies. I m taking a chicken breast, some cucumber, some garden fresh tomatoes, olives, balsamic vinegar, and feta cheese over lettuce for a Greek salad to go. I'm going to layer it in a mason jar.
snacks: his plan is for a fruit, protein snack in the Am, and veggie protein in PM.. my plan is an orange, and some roasted almonds for morning, and some celery and hummus in PM. .
Dinner for his plan, is protein, veggies, and occasionally, soluble fiber ( sweet potatoe, plantains, purple potato). I don't know what to do about dinner. I'll be driving home, so am thinking, finger food like the rest of the celery, carrots, peppers, with some diced or sliced turkey breast.
Walking to day wlll be interesting. FIrst, is my walk with CATLADY521. I think we should walk to safeway, get some groceries ( olive, feta cheese, meatballs and BBQ sauce) I have to put together a crockpot dish for the boy to take to a Alter serving potluck dinner. he requested meatballs in BBQ sauce. Once I get to work, I'll be driving. I can stop at the two rest areas on the way, and walk around a bit, but not for the ten minutes to register a workout on SPAT. Once to towu, it will be meetings, and work until the drive home. I don't think I will get close to 10,000 but diffidently over 5,000.
off to the kitchen, to pack my food.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Confluence, the act of merging, of coming together. I am at the confluence of two powerful thoughts. First, there is sparkguys blog and excitement of a spark streak, over 96 days old. At least 10 fitness minutes a day. I want to join that bandwagon, it looks so fun!. So I look at my streak page. Kinda despiring. I'll get close to making a record,then I'll crash ,fall away, step back. This time, I decided I would go forth. I'm choosing walking because the fibro guru said walking is the best thing for fibro. I already have the goals set up, and when I take the time to document it, walking 10 minutes, a few times a day can earn my BIG spark points. See, it's the little things that motivate me. So I am at the start of my streak, this being Saturday. This is RIVER one in the Confluence of my life. Then I read my Spark friend Cathy talk about food sober. She talked about food addiction, and how she wanted to eat food sober. I, too, realize that I am an addict. But it's not emotional pain that causes me to overeat, at least not all of it. I hurt. I toss and turn and try different drugs, and then hey-why not a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That will make you feel better so the horrid little troll on my shoulder. I can polish off an entire days worth of calories between the time I go to bed, and the time I fall asleep. I have to get a handle on the pain side of life, before I can make any dent in the emotional eating side. I want to get a handle on fibro. On my shoulder's hurting when I take laundry out of the dryer, and my feet aching while I sit at my desk. Today, I have the right drugs, or at least the drugs that my insuurange company will allow me to have to treat this....that's another rant. I want to be paleo sober. Strictly paleo for at least one day. Then I can start a paleo sobser streak. ( the rivers have converged).
Sunday, July 20, 2014
to blog today. But the computer keeps eating it. I wanted to write about my resurrance of a spark streak, how I was going tostart walking for 10 a day, but got side tracked.. and came back to a blank screen. Started over, all about my weekly goals ( eat paleo each day with no cheating, and walk at least ten minutes) when I got side tracked again..This time, it was about the north central Washington's wildfires. The devastation has been too close to home, my friend Marybeth's home was affected, her outbuildings and some of her lifestock are gone. The fire seemed to have jumped her house, and her MIL house. They are back in their house, but have no power, no water. Pray for rain, the fire isn't done. Pray for safety.
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Here it is, the dreaded thursday. traditionally, this is the day I go off track. It's a combination of factors- it's four days into the work week, and I have lost that spark of rest from the weekend, I usually have a wicked push of work to get my weekly to-do list accomplished, I've eaten most of the fresh produce, and I'm too tired to cook anything. So. the game plan to not fall off the wagon.
1) I woke up a little early, to avoid the rush stressed feeling of being late for work.
2) I put something delicious in the crock pot ( lamb shanks in spicy sweet sauce).
3) I've packed my lunch ( chicken breast and salad) and yesterday bought fresh cherries and apricots at the roadside stand so my snacks are covered.
4) I have a to do list for today's work that seems doable, and will end up with some adjustment time for tomorrow.
Carrying my lunch bag, my purse, my work bag and my shoes to walk in makes me feel like a crazy bag lady. At least I am prepared...but here's another thought. I increased my geodon to 100, taking an 80 and an additional 20. If I take it at bedtime ( 10pm) I am drugged out in the morning. ( I was late to work both Monday and Tuesday because I was asleep, and wouldn't get out of bed). So I need to take it earlier, like at 6 when I am suppose to be eating dinner. But here is the problem.. what if I work late? Like today, I will probably work till 7. I am wondering if I should start carrying my meds with me, like I bring my walking shoes, just in case. But how crazy looking is that, carrying around a 28 slot med pack, filled to the rim with all the meds, and supplements I take? Believe me, the list is long. Maybe I should separate the sleepy making meds to a separate container, and just carry it. That would be the cymbalta, the lyerica, and the two geodon. I think that's a better idea than carrying my big med kit- it's a royal pain to sort all of those lovely little pills when they spill.
See, blogging solved a dilemma!
Sunday, July 13, 2014
I should blog. Not just when I have recommitted to the program, or when I'm laying out my goals, but I should blog when I fall down, fall off program,misstep. Because that's my pattern. Blog about the plan, re-commit (how may times since 2011?) weigh and start over...then a day goes by, I hit an obstacle, and I fall off. This week the obstacle was Thursday. Thursday seem to be the hardest day of the week. I'm running out of steam for the week, usually out of fresh fruit for the week, and I don't want to cook,don't want to walk and it starts there.....the slippery slope of falling off program. This past Thursday, I added in a day of travel, and no packed lunch. so I fell. Then I noticed my other falling off pattern, after-noons. There is something about 4 pm to screams vending machine, or doughnut. So I fell again. the third obstacle is after dinner snack. I need to eat something when I take my victoza, but eating something starts an eating everything spurge.
* the point of blogging about when I've taken a misstep is to learn, plan and prevent. so for this week, Thursday. I have a crockpot dinner planned. I have the recipe picked out, the ingredients in the pantry. Cant go wrong with that. The afternoon and pm obstacle is covered by preplanning my snacks. Today is my prep day, and I am making hummus, boiling some eggs and buying some celery, cheese sticks, almonds to take to work for the afternoon, and pm snack.
I re-read an article about getting back on track. I should highlight it...the point of two steps ahead, one step behind is that you are still making progress. Missteps don't have to be permanent. I can gather my forces, muster my energy, plan for obstacles and still come out victorious.
* exercising has gone well this week. I am not up to full strength, and still cut the walk a wee bit short, but having water aerobics four nights a week helps. It's been to hot to ride the bike to work but am hoping to resurrect it this week. I need to come in early for work to make some deadlines, and am hoping that biking in the early morning will be cooler. I tried to replace my SPAT battery and succeeded in breaking the clip. My steps might be off until I can get that fixed.
* meds. Early this past week, I had a bit of a med mishap. Through an oversigth, I forgot to take my geodon sunday night. I realized that I was slipping into mania early Monday morning, and landed in the doctor's office. she prescribed a cover med, 20 mg of geodon to supplement. I spent tuesday with the resulting mania induced migraine. I've had two nights of itching twitchy mania induced eating, so I am going to keep taking the twenty plus. I think that the cymbalta, lyerica combo might be working for fibro but the side effect is increased mania. there's a med for that.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MRSKATEDUVALL Posts