Monday, June 17, 2013
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Cousin Kate from the book Little Women.
2. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO IN LIFE? family first.
3. IF YOU KNEW YOU COULD TRY ANYTHING AND NOT FAIL, WHAT DREAM WOULD YOU ATTEMPT? hike the Appalachian trail
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH? chicken broccoli Waldorf salad
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? three teen agers, 17, 15, 13
6. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR A YEAR, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Seattle
7. WOULD YOU RATHER TAKE PICTURES OR BE IN PICTURES? take them
8. HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR FREE TIME? I work full time, have three kids, three dogs and a cat.. there is little free time. But, I like to cook, scrapbook and walk.
9. WOULD YOU DO ANY THRILL SEEKING/ADRENALINE ACTIVITIES LIKE BUNGEE JUMP/SKY DIVE/ETC? nope, scared of heights, planes, bridges
10. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE DOING FIVE YEARS FROM NOW? I will be an empty Nester.
11. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES? cooking, reading, scrapbooking.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? emotionally, yes. I am a survivor.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? chocolate. winter white chocolate.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? height
15. WHAT IS THE KINDEST THING ANYONE HAS DONE FOR YOU? my ex boss let me take 6 weeks medical leave to get my diabetes right, held my job, gave me great work assignments.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? my lack of discipline.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? my mom, passed away from lung cancer.
18. WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A MILLION DOLLARS? travel.
19. WHAT CARTOON CHARACTER BEST DESCRIBES YOU? ursula the bad witch
20. ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? night owl.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the avenger cartoon with my boys.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? violet purple, or emerald green.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? vanilla, cinnamon spicy.
24. WHAT DO YOU DO? WHAT'S YOUR JOB? I am a public child welfare social worker who does developmental and health assessments on foster kids.
25. ARE YOU A BEACH, COUNTRY, OR CITY PERSON? small town, a cross between the city and a country.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO PARTICIPATE AND/OR WATCH? i like my daughter's volleyball team, my sons are in wrestling and track.
27. HAIR COLOR? salt and pepper
28. EYE COLOR? hazel
29. HOW DO YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED? giving, dedicated to kids.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? greek
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? solved crime thrillers
32.LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? the hobbit.
33. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY AS A CHILD? Johny Depp from 21 jump street. Jodi Foster.
34. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? spring, summer, fall, winter. all have their place and joys.
35. WHERE DO YOU LIKE TO VACATION? camping.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? cheesecake, carrot cake and anything chocolate.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? learning to do both.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? computer
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? taelitha, by Anne Perry.
40. WHAT DRIVES YOU EVERY DAY? doing a better job than the day before.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? ocean waves, children giggling.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? nirvana
44. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO RETIRE? where i live now.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? no, not really.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? colorado springs, colorado
47. WHO DO YOU ADMIRE? hilary Clinton, Angelina
48. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE DOING FIVE YEARS FROM NOW? same thing, only thinner.
49. WHAT TYPE OF PETS DO YOU HAVE? three dogs and a cat
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? duplicate question... the hobbit.
50.WHAT WORD DESCRIBES YOU BEST? bi-polar.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Yesterday, I planned to grill. I defrosted steak for him and the other carnivores, and chicken and veggies for me. At 7:00, he calls from the daycare to tell me he is bringing home pizza, and not that skinny diet thin crust, but a stuffed all meat monster. I said, sarcastically... way to support the healthy life. He said, you can eat spinach and hung up. If I was an alcoholic, it would be expected that we not bring alcohol into the house. Why is it so different for bad for you food? So, I untracked the grilling, and searched for a papa murphy's all meat stuffed pizza. One 1/16 of the pizza was 400 calories. I had one. who can eat just one tiny sliver of pizza. I went to bed, asking that he wrap up what remained and make it inaccessible. He then left the leftovers out, because really how can three people eat two large family size pizza and an order of cheesy bread? Guess what I ate in the middle of the night?
I know that he didn't force me to eat anything, and the responsibility is mine, but *&%^#*$&%#*&$%... he could at least try and act like he is supportive. I daydream about living alone, where I control what is in the house. and pick up my own laundry. and eat my cooking without complaint. If I didn't have kids, I swear, I would be single.
So today, I am batch cooking so dinner is ready in the evenings next week. I want to take an evening water areabics class. I told him about it, and that there were some parent type activites that he could help with. He doubts he will be home in time... has to stay at the daycare until the workers leave and the inspection is done. Not negotiable.
Today is not a happy married life. happy Father's day.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
I have some smart version of my goals on my spark page, that I will lose two pounds a week by staying within my calorie range, and earning 300 fitness minutes. They need to be revamped. I haven't made progress. An article about starting our wellness journey prompted me to do some re vamping.
I like my goal. but it needs to be more behaviorally specific. I will lose two pounds a week by 1) staying in my calorie range. ( This needs more work. I eat over range several times a week. So I need to be more specific in how I am going to follow this. First, I will stick to the macro nutrients ranges for fat, carbs and protein. It works best if I have 1 serving of a grain, and the rest of my carbs are fruits and vegetables, 1 serving of meat and the rest of my protein is meatless. The main reason I go over is the night time eating. So, no more night time eating, which also needs some behavioral work..)I need a relapse plan. My fitness plan also needs some revisions for the summer months.. So Here is the revamp version...
I will lose two pounds a week by creating a calorie deficit of 7,000. Step one- I will eat within my calorie range, with one grain and one meat each day I will weigh and measure portions so I know calorie range is correct. I will have an after dinner snack, but will stop once that is consumed. In place of night time eating, I will spark, drink relaxing tea, take a bath or do the dishes. Step two - I will earn fitness minute, 600 fitness minutes each week. This is through a variety of things. First, I will treadmill each morning, 4-5 days a week with Cynthia for 30- 45 minutes. Second, I am riding my bike to and from work, and at lunch time 5 days a week. Third, I am taking a water aerobics class 4 nights a week. Fourth, My NEAT. I will actively try to earn some NEAT steps. Each day, I will try for 6,000 steps though my FITBIT. I am going to be taking it off for when I do biking, or cardio so I can count those in fitness minutes separately. My fitness minutes though FITBIT will just be the steps I take. I will make the appointments in my spark planner.
REWARDS... My issue has been consistency. I set up great plans, with great rewards systems and then I don't follow through. I need to do short frequent rewards to award the consistency. So... for each week that I make 4- 5 mornings, 4-5 bike rides, 4 classes.. I will get a Spark Goodie. Economically, My rewards need to be money free, food free. For each week that I stay within my calorie range, and create a weekly deficit of 7,000, I will get some special me time. This could be a spa day at home, a bubble bath, a hour spent scrapping, a special drive. Something that I don't normally do, just for me. If I eat lunch at home, I can save the money and use it for a monthly reward.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
So Sunday night, the daycare facility which my husband and I own and he runs, caught on fire. It was about 9 pm, and I had gone to bed when his cell rang, and it was the fire department. they were on site, and my husband rushed out the door. Bad Communicator that he is, he didn't call to give me updates until the morning, SO I spent all night worrying. The fire was in the walls outside the kitchen, it was from an electrical breaker. Insurance will cover the damage, and some loss of income as we are closed for two weeks for repairs. I stayed home Monday to recuperate from the lack of sleep the night before. Monday day I went grocery shopping and on the way home had a bad case of IBS accident. Tuesday, I called my doctor and made an appointment to discuss this. Tuesday was a healthy day, gym, calorie range, no night time eating. Wednesday, I had my doctor appointment. Good news, my blood pressure was perfect. I have lost weight since the last doctor appointment, although I was two pounds up from my scale at home. We discussed IBS, and stress and I cried. She looked at my medication list and thought that the constant diaherria was a med issue. She changed my oral diabetic meds, less metformin. Wednesday, I went to the gym, and did 10 minutes before I bolted for the bathroom and called it over. Thursday, I had to be at work at 5 AM for an out of town training, so no gym. I did ok for tracking until late afternoon and then I just eat. Friday continued the trend, and I eat in the middle of the night. Saturday finds me at the daycare, opening the doors for the repair people, and sparking while I am waiting. I should be able to recover the day, and get back on track. I need to plan the next week.
Spark coach encouraged me to come up with a new fitness goal. I achieved my big goal of walking bloomsday. I could work on consistency, but that seems boring. I am going to start a water aerobics class this week, and should get some good fitness minutes for that. My goal is to finish t So my goal is to exceed the fitness minutes from May.
Sunday, June 09, 2013
I woke up on tine this morning, and the first thought in my mind was, I can make this a great healthy day. It's the start of a new week, and I can make that a healthy week. It's all up to me, full of healthy choices. So I have a plan...
protein, veggies for breakfast. ( omelet)
Chores for my NEAT.
Bike ride for exercise.
protein, veggies for lunch ( chicken and salad)
More chores for NEAT.
Carb, protein, veggies for dinner ( lentils puttanesca, rice)
Part of the chores is to get laundry done so I have clean work out clothes, clean out the refrig so I now what veggies to buy tomorrow when I go groc shopping. I have to wait till tomorrow because it's payday. I need to Spark, and plan my workouts for the week in the planner. My way of excuse busting my work outs, which was the SPARKCOACH home work.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MRSKATEDUVALL Posts