Tuesday, April 01, 2014
I wanted to share this excellent article about struggling with food issues.
How I Lost 60 Pounds Without Dieting Or Eliminating Food Groups
by Nowreen Nazmi
Saturday, February 15, 2014
I had an epic fail yesterday.
I ate well all day, went for a long walk, drank my water, went and worked in my storage unit for a while... and then I went to the grocery store hungry.
The end result? A bucket of fried chicken, a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy ice cream, and a very upset tummy.
11) NEVER GO TO THE GROCERY STORE HUNGRY.
That is all.
Friday, February 07, 2014
Thanks to BEAUTIFUL_REINA for asking a question in her blog that made me think about the things that help me succeed in weight loss. I needed this reminder, as I've been in plateau, (which I euphemistically call "maintenance mode") for many months now, and have not yet reached my goal weight.
Having these clearly stated will help me to follow them better and have more SUCCESS!!!
1) Do not allow any "trigger foods" in the house. (For me this includes just about everything made with flour.)
2) Have healthy snack foods prepared in serving sizes and always with me, so that I don't have to go more than 2-3 hours without food.
3) Drink water. Drink water. DRINK WATER.
4) Always track food as I go, even if it means writing it on a piece of paper and carrying it in my pocket.
5) Eating after 8pm is a no-no. If it is necessary due to late classes etc., then just a protein drink.
6) Exercise helps curb my appetite, so brisk walks or short bike rides throughout the day in addition to the gym help a lot. If I just need 2 things from the store, I walk or ride.
7) Keep my hands busy - knit or crochet when watching TV or any other time I'm tempted to snack mindlessly.
8) Remind myself that it is OK to feel hungry sometimes, and 3 hours will NOT kill me! (See #2 and #3.) Those hunger pangs are the feeling of FAT CELLS SHRINKING.
**** *** * *** ****
In addition to just posting this here, I'm going to print them in big font and put them on the fridge and pantry doors to remind me that I CAN DO THIS.
**** *** * *** ****
Monday, January 13, 2014
Update on my fall at the gym on the 7th of January. Here is how my leg looks today, the 13th:
Look, I'm a rainbow!
It looks pretty spectacular, but now that the swelling has gone and it's "just" a bruise, it doesn't really hurt (unless touched, obviously).
I was avoiding anything higher impact than walking, but yesterday I did a little jogging on the treadmill and it's totally fine.
Today is warmer, so I'm gearing up to go for a real, outdoor-type bike ride! Haven't done so in ages, I'll be happy to get out in the sun.
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Yesterday I was feeling really tired, with a scratchy throat. With a potential cold coming on, I really thought about skipping the gym, but I talked myself into going. Next time I should listen to my instincts.
I decided on just a light workout, and did 15 minutes on the rowing machine. So far, so good.
Then comes my moment in the spotlight... I stood up, and without even pausing to get my balance (or apparently figure out which leg was which) I attempted to step over the machine to get off.
I'm not even sure what happened; either the seat slid forward and I got caught on it, or I simply didn't lift my leg up enough and totally tripped over the whole machine and went down like a sack of rocks.
The girl on the machine nearest me doesn't bat an eyelash. However, a young man nearby got off his machine to make sure I was all right. Embarrassing, but also made me feel better about humanity.
I got up as soon as I could and assured him I was all right (I wan't really, but there was nothing he could do about it), thanked him, and tried not to limp (or trip) going down the stairs.
My lower back had already begun to spasm, I could see a massive bruise beginning to swell on my calf, and my elbow had a matching bruise and carpet burn.
I went right into the shower and stood in the warm water and stretched my back, until the spasm feeling went away. Slathered all my owies with arnica gel and went to bed.
This morning my back is sore but not too bad. Very grateful to have come through with nothing more than bumps and bruises.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MOVEITMARY Posts