MOMMABEAR1987   1,598
1,000-2,499 SparkPoints
MOMMABEAR1987's Recent Blog Entries

Bad mommy.....

Sunday, August 12, 2012

For the past 2 days, I have forgotten to do everything I usually do on SparkPeople. I didn't have an excuse Friday, but yesterday we had a garage sale to raise money for my husband's grandparrents' 50th Anniversary party. We raised $246 minus the $16 for the kids' stuff that we sold (we don't have enough room in the car to bring it all home). Aunt Beth was up and selling at 6 in the morning, I got up with my youngest at 7:30 and got out there about 8 and I stayed out there until 1:30 until I remembered I needed to go to the store. I was going to just take my (almost) 3 year old, but then my husband decided to go to so he could get something for dinner. So we went to one side of town and got what I needed and looked for dinner but couldn't find anything. So we drove to the other side of town to Papa Murphey's and got a pizza and since we were on that side of town we had to stop at Best Buy to try and find a new battery for his cell (with no luck). Then we noticed that we were almost out of gas so we had to stop at the gas station. All of this when I ONLY wanted to get a few things from the grocery store. When we finally got back, the yard sale was over and they had just about everything cleaned up. Oh well.

So I relaxed the rest of the day, then I read on the internet about the meteor shower that is happening this weekend and last night (about 2:30am) was the peak of it. So my husband and I took our youngest to the canyon to try and see at about 11:30 pm. We were way to early and didn't see anything. So when we got home I got the little one to sleep and we went out back. My husband went in about 2am and I didn't go in until 3. I managed to see 1 meteor every 5 to 6 minutes because it was too bright with all the lights in town. But I saw what I wanted to see.

Today, I am going to go take some snapshots of the cool things around town like the canyon so I can show my parents how nice it is out here. Even though its the desert, its nice and serene in places. I want to get shots of the falls too, but I don't want to drive around too much because we need to save our gas for the drive back to South Dakota.

It will be nice to be back home. I have been dreaming of my bed since we got here in the end of May. We have to get groceries too, there is nothing in our house. My parents are going to be there Saturday evening, we are hoping to get there by Friday evening and we are kind of cutting in close with having to get stuff done before they get there. Then all sorts of stuff happens. Sunday, we are having a birthday party for both my boys so that my parents can be there for it. My husband and dad are re-doing the bathroom and I don't know what my mother and I are supposed to be doing, but I have to figure out some fun things to do for the week that they are there. I am hoping to find a babysitter for a few hours one day so I can take my dad to the vineyard in the next town over, and I want to bring my mom to see the Little House where Laura Ingalls Wilder grew up.

I have so much to do with so little time to do it in. I have to pack up everything within the next 4 days and I don't think I'm gonna get much help.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

MONTREAL12 8/12/2012 12:03PM

  Enjoy the trip! Sleep well! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Day 2 of the little man's fever...

Thursday, August 09, 2012

As I said in the last blog, my son has a fever. He was throwing up, but that has passed. However, when my boys get fevers the only person they want is me. It just so happens that last night we ran out of infants' tylenol and he had to live with the fever for most of the night. Because of that, he couldn't sleep unless he was on my chest. You know, 25 lbs isn't that much until you have it laying on your chest all night AND on a not so comfy couch all night. My husband's grandmother went out (after just barely being awake for 5 minutes) to get him some tylenol. Now he is passed out (without me) on the couch. He didn't eat much, but he was able to keep it down and the little bit he ate has made me happy. Now that he is asleep, I dont want to make much noise. So I decided not to make a big deal out of a crdio workout today. But I am going to do some crunches and push ups and some stretching. If I can keep it quite maybe some yoga.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

JENNIK2 8/9/2012 1:55PM

    I hope he feels better.

Report Inappropriate Comment

1 year old, stress, sleep, etc

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

All my levels have been screwed today. Last night (out of no where) my son wakes up in the middle of the night and starts puking and all of a sudden has a fever. On a normal basis (like with our other son) we wouldn't have reacted as we did, but our youngest has health problems and couldn't live with ourselves if we didn't bring him to the hospital to get him checked out. He was born with posterior urethral valves which were backing up everything into his bladder and in turn backing up into his left kidney and making his ureter (the tube between his kidney and bladder) become swollen. He had a surgery when he was born to remove the valves, but it didn't fix the whole problem. His second surgery (about 6 months ago) took his ureter to the skin so it could drain better and in turn help the kidney so it didn't fail. Long story short, it didn't work and he ended up with chronic kidney failure. And now, he has a fever and is throwing up everywhere. Just to be sure, we had the emergency room check his urine and swab his throat so we knew for a fact he didn't need antibiotics. He doesn't. He is fine, its just a stomach bug. But to us, its worth the hassle. We didn't get home til 2 in the am and I couldn't fall asleep until 3. I was woke up at 6:15 by a chirpping almost dead fire alarm and couldn't completely fall back asleep after we knocked the damn thing off the wall. Thank GOD for my husband's grandma who watched my kids so I could nap. I didn't eat much and didn't work out at all. I will tomorrow and make up for today as well. My stress is through the roof, my sleep is crappy, my energy is poop and I still want to sleep. Hopefully, tomorrow turns out better.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

NANCYRUBIO 8/8/2012 11:32PM

    Thanks grandma! You poor little one, he has been through a lifetime of problems already. Blessed be to him and his wonderful parents.

Report Inappropriate Comment


Monday, August 06, 2012

I didn't feel very well first thing in the morning yesterday. I read the rest of a book that I have been reading and immeadiatly after I got a massive headache. I got my kids fed and took some asprin, but couldn't shake it. I ate some toast, then a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because my son didnt want it. Then my husband said he wanted to go out and we all had hotdogs at costco. I started feeling better around noon and decided to take my grandma up on her offer to play bingo with here at the lodge. Not the most fun thing ever, but hanging out with grandma can be fun sometimes. That and what else was I going to do. When I get home, I find out my husband (who went to play disc golf with his brother) dropped a disc into a river and forgetting that he had his wallet and cell phone in his pockets JUMPED into the river to retrieve it. Now without a cell phone and in a tight squeeze for money because we have to drive back to South Dakota next week, we have to find the cheapest pos phone so we have an icoe phone while on the drive back. Then I heated up leftovers and helped my husband's aunt price things for her yard sale that she wants to have this weekend. If you live in Twin Falls, ID, come check out the yard sale on Saturday the 11th out on Alturas drive. We are having a yard sale to get enough money to give my husband's grandma and grandpa a great 50th wedding anniversary party. With all the stuff my husband's aunt and uncle have aquired in the past 10 years (at least), you never know what you will find and its for a good cause. They deserve it. Anyway, that was my yesterday. That would be why I didn't get on and do anything yesterday. I had to make up for it today with this long and boring blog about my boring day.

Today is going to be alot better, I refuse to let my day go to *&^% because I just can't do 2 days in a row. I gotta get off the computer now and straighten up the house before I find something to do. TTYL!


So far so good...

Saturday, August 04, 2012

I haven't done an official weight in but I have lost another 2 lbs. Im surprised to see it. I might have been eating a bit better for the most part but I have been splurging too. For instance, last night I have a McDonald's Hot Fudge Sundae. I have been doing more stuff around the house so that I dont sit for more than probably an hour a day. And when there is nothing to do around the house, I do stuff outside and if there is nothing to do outside I walk with the boys. Its nice.

  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

ELRIDDICK 8/4/2012 12:59PM

  Thanks for sharing

Report Inappropriate Comment

1 2 3 4 Last Page