Monday, May 18, 2009
By Dr. Gary D. Knouf
** = my notes from the sermon
**John 16:33 Peace – We are constantly: In a crisis, coming out of a crisis, or going into a crisis. In all these things we can have peace. God allows these things in our life to drive us closer to the Lord.
1. Rejoice daily in your salvation and the mercy and grace of the Lord! “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.” Psalm 68:19.
**Rejoice every single day for your salvation.
2. Count your blessings daily. “Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits.” Psalm 103:2
**Write down all the blessings God has given you. Then you have them before your eyes when Satan tries to discourage you.
3. Spend quality and specific time with the Lord. “they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (the key is daily in the word and prayer)
**You can be the best at waiting on the Lord. Make it a commitment; make a decision to learn to wait on the Lord.
4. Confess all known sin and selfishness. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
**Too many Christian are walking around with unconfessed sin in their lives.
5. Die to self. “I die daily.” 1 Corinthians 15:31 also Galatians 2:20
6. Take the Christian “happy pill” the “filling of the Holy Spirit” Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. . .”
**You get alone with God, and then you will be a happy Christian.
7. Laugh often and hearty. “merry heart doeth good like a medicine” Proverbs 17:22 “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart is the spirit broken.” Proverbs 15:13 “all the days of the afflicted are evil, but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.” Proverbs 15:15
**God has given us the gift of laughter. Praise releases endorphins. Sometimes we just need a good old belly laugh. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
8. Focus on the needs of others. “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Philippians 2:4 We must focus on caring for the needs of others instead of focusing on our selves. “Others Lord yes others let this my motto be. Let me think of others that I might be like thee.”
**Give happiness to others. Fill others needs.
9. Be a giver not a taker. Love, Joy, happiness, find a need and fill it! “It is more blessed to give than to receive” Acts 20:25 (blessed means happy)
10.**Find God’s will in life, as well as every situation, and “Just Do It!” “Now perform the doing of it.” 2 Corinthians 8:11 “But be ye doers of the word. . .” James 1:22
**We have to “tune” in to God. God wants us to hear His still small voice. Listening and obeying the Lord moment by moment.
11. Be at peace, and be a peacemaker. “Blessed are the peacemakers . . .” Matthew 6:9 also Philippians 4:6, 7 “. . . and the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
**Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
12. Trust emphatically in the Lord to carry you through difficulty and loss. “. . . all things work together for good to them that love the lord, to them who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
**Take loss and turn it into gain. God allows people to go through failure so he can make us into what he wants us to be.
13. Love greatly. “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these things; but the greatest of these is charity.” Charity is love in action!
**Speak love, show love.
14. Forget the past with its failures. “. . .but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13, 14
15. Forgive others and forgive yourself. “. . . forgive and ye shall be forgiven.” Luke 6:37
**Sometimes we become resentful and bitter to God. We must forgive god. We must forgive ourselves.
16. Remember the blessings and miracles of the Lord in the past. “Then beware lest thou forget the Lord…” see Deuteronomy 6:1-12
17. Climb higher everyday! “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:14
18. Go to bed every night thanking God for His goodness! “. . . let not the sun go down upon your wrath.” Ephesians 4:26 also Philippians 4:6-9
**Thank God for allowing us to go through the things we do. Let you last words at night be “God is good.”
19. Every morning thank God for a new day and ask Him to order your steps. “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,” Psalm 37:23
**Let me walk where you want me to walk, meet those people you want me to talk to.
20. Exercise your body (aerobics), mind (neurobics), and spirit. (endorphins are brain chemicals God created us with as mood elevators to make us feel happy)
**We need to seek God to fill the void in our lives.
21. Through the day, listen to music and messages that build your spirit and cause your spirit to soar like an eagle. Old computer saying “GIGO” (Garbage in garbage out). (Again this releases endorphins and fortifies your spirit, and make you feel happy, now pass it on!) You will be blessed (happy) and you will make others blessed (happy), you have God’s word on it!
Why not take one of these Biblical concepts each day and focus on it until you have gone through all the principles over a period of 21 days, then start over until you have focused on these 21 principles for the next six months and they become an integral part of your spiritual development? Repetition is the “law of learning” and “the mother of skill”, so repeat each principle until they are firmly entrenched and you are a knowledgeable and skilled happy Christian.
**Are you a Happy Christian? What is the obstacle to your happiness? Find the obstacle and remove it. If people see you . . . would they want to be a Christian? If your God can’t handle your problems your God is too small!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I find myself staring in the mirror, "Asking is that really me?". I am not currently loosing much, but I am toning. I am actually in regular sized clothing. I have two blouses now that are 14/16W and they both fit. Some of my skirts are very loose and I have to be very careful. This is me! I am really doing it this time!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
God made a wonderful mother;
A mother who never grows old.
He made her smile out of sunshine;
And He molded her heart out of gold.
In her eyes He placed bright shining stars.
In her cheeks, fair roses, you see......
God made a wonderful mother;
And he gave that dear mother to me.
Thank You For Being My Friend
Thank you for believing in me
when I found it difficult
to believe in myself...
for saying what I've needed to hear sometimes,
instead of what I've wanted to hear...
for siding with me...
and for giving me another side to consider.
Thank you for opening yourself up to me...
for trusting me with your thoughts
and disappointments and dreams...
for knowing you can depend on me
and for asking my help when you've needed it.
Thank you for putting so much
thought and care and imagination
into our friendship...
for sharing so many nice times
and making so many special memories with me.
Thank you for always being honest with me
being kind to me...being there for me.
Thank you for being
a friend to me
in so many meaningful ways.
--Larry S. Chengges
MY MOM TAUGHT ME...
All the mothers in each part of the world lovingly try to teach their kids some of life's most important lessons so that they could successfully face the difficulties of life and at the same time also enjoy the life. But despite all the efforts made by mothers in the end, little brats just end up growing into bigger brats without learning a thing. Still mothers are satisfied that at least they tried their best to teach their children something along the way. Thanks, to all the mothers!
My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...
"You should just wait until your father gets home."
My Mother taught me about RECEIVING....
"You should know that you are going to get it when we get home!"
My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE...
"What were you thinking about? You should answer me when I talk to you! You should not talk back to me!"
Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE...
"If you do not stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD...
"If you do not pass your spelling test, you would never be able to get a good job."
My Mother taught me HUMOR...
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...
"If you don't eat all your vegetables, you would never grow up and always remain a kid."
Mother taught me about GENETICS...
"You are just like your father."
Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE...
"You would understand me only when you get to be of my age"
My Mother taught me about JUSTICE...
"One day you will have kids, and I hope they turn out to be just like you...Then only you will see what it is like!"
Okay, I just had to put that one in. I love you so much and want to "Thank You" for investing in my life, and being and inspiration to me!
Friday, May 08, 2009
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Mother's Day Poem
By Lachelle B. Ransom
Mothers are special people
God knew that from the start
That's why he created them in His own image and to them gave the biggest heart.
She's able to heal our hurts with only a kiss and hug
She's able to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is never slow as a slug.
Mothers are special people
God knew they'd always be
He created them to do so much that involves you and me.
She has to be a teacher to teach us what we need to know
She has to be a taxi driver to get us where we need to go.
Mothers are special people
God knew His work was complete
When He created someone that could do SOOO much on her own two feet.
She is a Christian on Him she depends
She displays the fruit of the Spirit and a helping hand she is willing to lend.
Mothers are special people
God tells me so each day
For if it weren't for Him I wouldn't be one today.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MOMFAN Posts