Saturday, April 17, 2010
Today was are really horrible day! Didn't start out that way, somewhere along the way it went awry. I walked into a room and was verbally attacked loudly in front of many people. This has been happening for almost a decade. I have always taken it and sometimes cried and but never defended or stood up for myself.
I have struggled with feelings of rejection for my entire life. Feeling rejection within my own family, school years, churches and jobs. Well after this happened I wanted to walk out and never go back, some of the people that witnessed this through the day came up and gave me hugs and said that they couldn't believe I was still there. I cried, and cried some more, called two dds and told them mom needed prayer right now, I didn't take the time to tell them what was going on. They are awesome and immediately held me up in prayer.
I went and told the person what they did was rude and inconsiderate. This person apologized several times throughout the day, even told me that she was just trying to make a point to everyone. Well why didn't she direct the comment to everyone instead of placing all the blame on me?
As the whole scenario played over and over in my head during the day I kept having to fight myself from falling into the lies that I have believed for so long of rejection. You know the ones, you have had them too! You are not worth anything, this just is one more point that proves it. During the day I was able to share with two of my dds, my hubby and my sis the real me and how it I have felt rejected by everyone most of my life. I know that many of these times I was only perceiving the rejections, but perceptions still need to be dealt with, because true or not they still have the ability to hinder us from being the person God meant us to be and enjoying and celebrating the person you are.
So then there comes a huge light bulb going off in my head! I know you can see it shining from wherever you are! I could so hear Jillian and Bob from all the seasons of BL that I have watched, where they try to help every contestants figure out what in their life had led them to the point that they had totally lost control over it and gained so much weight.
Well mine is the feelings of rejection that I have accepted all my life. Well no more I am standing up and being counted as a worthy person that has value and is talented.
I hope in writing this all out that someone else may realise they too can break free of the rejection you have been feeling so long. You are a person worthy of being loved and worthy of living a life of acceptance.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
I came across this article and thought there is some really good tips in here. While reading it I realized that I have incorporated many of the tips into my lifestyle now. Does that mean I have gone from Obese to Thin? Well I am not there yet and it was very much not natural it was a lot of hard work and consistency. Hope this helps my SparkFriends!
12. Switch your soda Your body doesn't register calories from liquids the same way it does those from foods, so you won't get those "stop eating" signals to help you compensate for the overload later on. Change from two glasses of regular soda or fruit juice to diet soda or a flavored seltzer. Saves 300
Dr. Pepper was a huge contributor to me reaching 300 pounds!
13. Talk it up Every time you grab the phone, stand up and pace around. Heavy people sit on average two and a half hours more per day than thin people, according to the Mayo Clinic. Burns 50 or more
I almost always walk while I talk on the phone, sometime I put on my bluetooth and do my strength training.
Yes this is me!
23. Shop till the pounds drop At the mall, try on at least ten outfits, both pants and shirts. No need to buy! Burns 60
Wow when I was looking for outfits for my mom's surprise birthday party I burned lots of calories.
29. Start with soup Order a clear soup instead of a salad soaked with two tablespoons full-fat ranch and you can save twice the calories. Plus you'll feel fuller, so you'll eat less when the entrée comes. Saves 100
I always order the dressing on the side and usually don't even eat a teaspoon.
34. Have your cake Pick up an angel food cake for dessert. It's packed with air and has fewer than half the calories of, say, pound cake. Saves 70
Our family's favorite, top it with fresh or frozen strawberries, great for birthdays.
39. Sing a song Spend Sunday morning belting it out in the church choir. Burns 70 per service
I love singing, we don't have to wait for Sunday to sing!
44. Catch this! Spend a half-hour tossing a ball or Frisbee with your kid. Burns 90
Anyone want to come over and toss a frisbee?
Check out the article and leave a comment of what habits you do.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MOMFAN Posts