Tuesday, July 12, 2011
1. Nutrition: Low-Carb- I did great last week at low carb eating. Now that I'm through the first week, I don't crave the sweets anymore.
2. Fitness: 5 workouts/week- I got four actual workouts in of varying lengths. I'm going to say I got five in because my work weekend was awful, yet I did manage a five minute walk on Saturday at work. I just had to escape the pharmacy for five minutes. So we will count that as a very short workout and I met my goal. I started again on Tuesday, so I'm going easy on myself.
3. Personal: Get to bed earlier- On my work nights, I got to bed as early as feasible. With the commute and winding down time, it still was quite late. My drive at night is 65 minutes due to flooded out roads. On other nights, some nights I did well, others I stayed up too late. Still room for improvement there.
The kids have been doing great in swim team this year. The season is almost done. All three boys have gotten the flip turn down. Mary(11) has adapted to swimming the longer distance of an older age group. Stevie (9) swam IM in the conference meet. This was only his second IM in competition. He took third!!! He also got fifth in backstroke. All four kids got to compete in conference. This is the first year they all made it! The twins are still learning how to swim. Bridget can do a freestyle with her face out of the water, and both are starting to blow bubbles in the water. We should have them ready by next May to join the team. Teaching them has gotten Hubby out in the pool more, so he is even starting to get more active.
Thanks everyone for all your encouragement! It's really helping me to get back at this again!
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
I had my pre-employment physical today, and my weight is up, but I expected that. I'm at 171.4 now, up five pounds from my lowest point of 166. May was very busy with the kids. June got crazy with studying for my exam and interviewing for the new job. We also fit in a vacation there too. Swim team is still going on. Four of my kids are in that. Add the floods and the crazy commutes now and I think I've got my explanation for the gain.
Good news: 1. I'm still below 175. I thought I might have gone up that much.
2. I feel motivated again. I tracked everything yesterday and am about to
work out today.
3. I feel like I can get back into some kind of routine again.
1. Nutrition: Get back to the low carb eating. My body can't handle the carbs, they give me migraines.
2. Fitness: Workout five days a week. I'm not going to put any qualifiers on that. I need to get it in my head that a short workout is better than no workout. Do something, anything, five days a week.
3. Personal: Get to bed earlier. On work nights, that may still be 1 am due to the commute, but get in bed as soon as I can on those nights. I have to stop wasting time and try to improve my sleep.
Glad to be back here again and I look forward to hearing from everyone.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011
I feel like I'm on day 1 again for SparkPeople. The last few months have been crazy with trying to get a new job, studying for my Iowa pharmacy law exam, vacation, floods, and as always, kids' activities. Well, I'm back, and I'm glad to be back here again.
1. Pharmacy: I passed my test!!!! I am now licensed in Iowa!!! Unfortunately, I still have to commute to Omaha for my job. I didn't get the part time job out here, but I did get an "on-call" position. I don't know if I'll have regular hours, so I still have to keep my job in Omaha. This will get my foot in the door, however, and eventually, I will have regular hours out here. I look forward to the time I can walk two blocks to work instead of driving an hour to work.
2. Floods: Missouri Valley is still dry. We have some local heroes building levees and even blowing some up (to let flood waters back into the river) to help keep our town dry. Highway 30 to Blair, Nebraska is still open, for now. I don't think they will be able to keep it open for too much longer, maybe a week or two more. At night, I drive out to Neola to get to and from Omaha or Council Bluffs. Many times, I'll take that way during the day too. Most of the businesses have stayed open, so for now, the only inconvenience has been the longer commute. Our house is high up on the hill, so we won't ever flood.
3. Weight loss: I'm pretty sure I'm gaining right now, but have refused to get on a scale. I'm getting back at it now, so hopefully I can shed a few before my work physical for my new job. Clothes are getting snug, so I really need to focus on this again. I just have to get back into the routine.
Well, I guess that's enough update for now. Please keep in touch and help me to get motivated again.
Get An Email Alert Each Time MOM-OF-SIX Posts